Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

Question

Seem to be doing something wrong with my signature. It's writing the text, but not showing the picture.

What have I done wrong? :dntknw:

Seem to be doing something wrong with my signature. It's writing the text, but not showing the picture.

What have I done wrong? :dntknw:

Did you "copy image location" from another opened tab and then opened your Edit Profile page in another tab and add the image using the upload image in the Edit my Signature page's toolbar above?

It took me a little while to figure it out. It's not exactly self-explanatory.

Edited by Lewie

Getting there, but for some reason its changing colour. Looks like its changing to a 256 colours or something.

Where do you find 'copy image location'? I've copied the URL and got text, I've cut and pasted and got this colour issue.

Put your cursor over the image and right click it. It should open a box with the option to copy image location.

Thanks Lewie, but this is the box I get right clicking pictures in my gallery. I get copy options, but nothing says copy image location, and the closest i get is copy target..

I know I'm missing something really obvious here.... :dntknw:

post-45899-0-08663300-1309676160.jpg

I guess it would be "Copy shortcut" - you need to copy the link adress - and then you go to your "signature";

there you select "Insert new picture" (after deleting the old, if there was any), and insert the copied link

adress - or "shortcut" - in there.

Flyby, you are close Sir. When you are in that gallery screen place your cursor over the BOC badge image you wish to add to your sig block and left-click on it once; give it a few seconds and a new screen will open showing a larger preview of the image, place your cursor over that image and left-click again and wait a few seconds and the image will preview full-size in a dark gray screen; now right-click your cursor on that image and you will get a drop-down menu and at the bottom will be 'Properties', scroll down and left-click on that and the Properties window will open up; highlight and copy the URL address shown in the Properties window and paste that into the 'Insert image' pop-up box in your 'Change Signature' window of the CP, as noted above by Olham. Easy-peasy...sort of. :biggrin:

Something is not working. I don't think it's the URL.

The URL is linking to the image in the gallery, but the image in the gallery isn't the image I upload.

The BOC logo is what I upload, the Problem 2 image shows the picture in my gallery, but when I actually look at the picture, it now has a pink background and blurred image.

Edit - Wow, even the straight image post of the BOC logo has gone pink. Why would that happen? :dntknw:

post-45899-0-76325900-1309693117.jpg

post-45899-0-42270800-1309693151.jpg

post-45899-0-76077800-1309693209.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

Did you follow that step, that you left-clicked on the image in two steps?

Left click 1 - now it appears single

Left click on that single pic again - only now it appears largest, on a dark grey background.

Only this one you should now right-click, and then follow the rest of the proceedure.

Thanks for your instructions, Lou!

You solved the mystery, why my signature pic was smaller than it should.

I had not known, that I must go to the enlarged pic, and had clicked on the previous one.

I had thought, they all have the same adress and therefor same size.

My fault.

Flyby, try directly linking to the following image and see if it works in your sig block:

gallery_45680_645_36627.jpg

OK, here is what I am uploading, pasted onto the same screen grap as what I'm seeing.

OK, that hasn't gone pink, so why is the original image turning pink? :dntknw:

post-45899-0-26493900-1309693998.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

Delete the original image Flyby and paste the link to the new you have, the original may have uploaded wrong from the get-go. Let's see what you get with that second one.

Delete the original image Flyby and paste the link to the new you have, the original may have uploaded wrong from the get-go. Let's see what you get with that second one.

I've got it now Lou copying your image. For some reason my own upload turned pink twice.

It's working now though...... I SHALL CHANGE NOTHING!!!! :grin:

Thank you. Contact Pink just doesn't sound the same as Contact - Clear!

No, it doesn't have the same ring to it at all Flyby. :grin:

Another thing on posting an image in your sig block. If you link to a photo in one of your gallery albums, that album has to be set as a 'Public' album or no one else besides you will be able to see the image. I am wondering if you don't have yours currently set as a 'Private' album because the image shows as being missing right now in your current sig block.

Hmmm. I don't know. Something isn't right. I think the album is public Lou, but something is happening in the upload process.

If I put the URL text in usind the 'input media' button, it just puts in the text, not the image. I seems there is something wrong between me and my gallery.

It's working now. I'll leave it a while. It's Sunday lunch and my mobile broadband gets very slow at weekends.

Thanks for the help all the same.

Flyby, you are welcome to link to the image I posted above that is parked in my public BOC gallery. You know that one can be seen by everyone, and it will load just as fast as if it were posted in your gallery since they are both located in the same forum website host. Give it a go.

Hmmmm - I have put mine into a "Private Album", Lou - can you see my picture, or do only I see it now???

Flyby, give yourself a rest of Sunday today.

But maybe you want to get it right tomorrow. (I don't give up easily).

So, once you have copied the link adress of an album picture, you need to click on that little picture (see my pic):

Then you get a tiny frame. Copy the URL into that line, and you should see your badge below.

I guess XP Home does this differently than Win 7 and Vista.

Thank you, Olham, kind sir and Knight of the sky.

These image things aren't exactly intiutive, are they? And, why is my image so much, um, bigger??

Absolutely right, HPW and Flyby - the use of the personal settings is not at all intuitive,

and I also had to spend quite some time and try and error to halfways understand it all.

Lou and Widowmaker helped me getting there back then.

Your badge may be bigger, because you don't have any additional bit with it.

The signature allows a picture of 500 x 200 pixels, but it seems to calculate it different

for a square perhaps?

Edited by Olham

Nailed it! Nailed it! Nailed it! (Well so did Olham if I'd read more carefully).

I'd been using the 'insert media' tab, when I should have used the 'insert picture' tab. Seems silly now, but it's working fine now, from my own gallery.

I'll take a guess that's what you've done too HPW. :good:

Edited by Flyby PC

The badge I have is from my gallery. How I got it from my gallery to my sig is sort of a mystery--even to me!

Glad to see folks are getting their BOC badges figured out in their sig blocks. As has been noted above, the forum software is not the most user friendly when it comes to this sort of thing.