I like the SF2 series and it is a major improvement over SF1. The problem for me is that I don't know how to mod the map location in the "map name"_targets.ini file.

I normally use the KMD mission editor for SF1 to adjust locations when trying to add carrier capabilities in maps.

http://combatace.com/files/file/2678-kmd/

Is there an SF2 version of KMD that I can use?

For the next question, I notice in some SF2 screenshots that some people have added rocket pods attached to TER which allow for 3 rocket pods in one hardpoint.

is there a way for me to add that and how can I do it?

there is a 2x and 3x LAU-3 rockets in Gunnys weapons pack. there is also a Twin Matra155 launcher out there (dont remember if its in gunnys pack or not) if you wish to do your own i would suggest using these to figure out how it is done. as to maps, not my cup of tea you may want to ask Stary or Wrench.

and if your trying to add carrier stations it is very easy to do..... so long as you have SF2V with the carriers in it. have that and all others will also being merged.

Edited by daddyairplanes

the old WoV SQMD works just fine in SF2 (you'll find it in 1stGen downloads, prolly in 'editors'. Works perfecto for locating carrier stations

the old WoV SQMD works just fine in SF2 (you'll find it in 1stGen downloads, prolly in 'editors'. Works perfecto for locating carrier stations

if your talkin campaign. if single mission you could always be lazy and use the mission editor!

thanks for the information.

I never knew the multi rocket packs are actually separate models, I'll be sure to check it out.

In regards to the map editor, I always use KMD to review my coordinate placing. Something like this in the stock SF2V Vietnam_targets.ini

[TargetArea085]

Name=Dixie Station

Position=720000.00,176000.00

Radius=5657

ActiveYear=0

Location=10

Alignment=FRIENDLY

CarrierStation=TRUE

I need an SF2 equivalent so I at least know where my carrier stations are located.

I'm trying to mod the stock SF2 and SF2E maps to allow carrier stations but I need this particular editor to see if my coordinates are correct.

@wrench- what is the editor you are referring too? I'll try and find it

Extra- in the case of KMD, I cannot run it on my computer at all so I do need a program that serve similar functions.

any good suggestions wrench?

If you have the June2011 patch yeah it's not just you I have the same problem... But hopefully kreelin will fix the KMD so we can use it. I still prefer it to the TKME...

is there a full name for TKME? I'll dl it and try it out and see if it works for me.