Sign in to follow this  
Pappy55

worst luck ever :(

I have the worst luck ever at the moment

I decide I want to play combat sims again this week

and find my Trackir4 Pro no loner works... Great...

So i struggled on again very poorly.. I cant fly combat sims anymore without a Trackir. No idea how we used to manage in the old days..

its like only being able to move your head in 45degree incriments. I seriously cant dogfigfht well at all now.

I used to be able to survive 2 v 1 disadvantage on ace setting but now I get mullered as I cant watch what both aircraft are doing at once..

And tonight I knock my joystick off the desk by accident and crack.. no more stick..

Does anyone know how I can justify a new Stick and track IR to my C/O (girlfriend ) :rofl:

And I had thought, the Isle of Wight had gone under, when I read your headline.

Although - it is almost a s bad as that, isn't it?

Are you absolutely sure the hardware is broken?

Tried another USB port?

Tried a new install of the software?

And I had thought, the Isle of Wight had gone under, when I read your headline.

Although - it is almost a s bad as that, isn't it?

Are you absolutely sure the hardware is broken?

Tried another USB port?

Tried a new install of the software?

Yup tried all that both are definatly kaput..

I guess I can justify to my self the trackir 5 and x52 now :P

Used to own an X52 first edition in my IL-2 days was a damn good stick

Does anyone know how I can justify a new Stick and track IR to my C/O (girlfriend ) :rofl:

No.

You can tell her the story of Sanson and Dalilah. And explain to her that story was pure symbolic of how the men function/work.

Tell her, in your case the joystick and TrackIR are like Samson's hair. Without both you're powerless and at a certain point impotent (you've to exaggerate a little).

Keep the focus on the story. Show her how you're feeling devastated and miserable.

Used to own an X52 first edition in my IL-2 days was a damn good stick

Save some money - for a WW1 sim, the THRUSTMASTER T Flight Stick X

is all you need. Costs about 30,- Euro.

I use it all the time, and it's fine - and it has 12 buttons to use!

Yes. Tell her she doesn't get to buy any new shoes or clothes to replace her out dated ones until you can replace your stick and trackIR. :grin:

Alls fair in love and war, sir.

Hellshade

• Like 1

"It's got FFB, and if you can't get used to having your throttle on your right,"

Given that the the mythical Microserf FFB2 feedback no longer exists (although I have one - mwuhahaha!) this sounds the business...

I sympathise Pappy, our hard drive just packed in yesterday. At least with that, all the family want to see it remedied as soon as possible - I don't have to justify the expense to anyone!

Edited by Wayfarer

The Trackir is definatly needed but the X-52 is open to debate. It's no longer offered on the Saitek website, Amazon has them, but they seem rather costly

I'd try one of these http://www.ebay.co.u...0&_qi=RTM742988

It's got FFB, and if you can't get used to having your throttle on your right, see Tips & Cheats #7

Uncleal,

I don't know how you would hold that joystick, but to my eyes the throttle is on the left. Remind me never to get on an aircraft you are piloting. LOL

"Look Darling, I've brought you a gift! What is it? It's a Track IR 5 and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I...I'm sorry...you don't care for them? I'm such a clod, I never know what to get! Here my Love, we'll set those things aside and I'll take you shopping and you can choose something proper you'll really like. And while we're out you can tell me again about all your favorite things so that the next time I surprize you with a gift you'll honestly, honeslty adore it. And when we're done shopping we can come home and watch "The Notebook'" together, afterwhich we'll share our feelings and just cuddle for as long as you wish."

...yup...that should just about do it...

:grin:

Edited by RAF_Louvert

I could always try flying with my Saitek Yoke and quadrents

Though flying my trusty SE5a 747 style will feel weird... very weird

Failing that there is always my 360 controller for tempoary measures... hmmmm :idea:

My suggestion is you read Tips & Cheats #7 and stop using your head only as a place to put your hat

Uncleal,

I suggest you check your posts before clicking add reply, you say if you can't get used to having the throttle on the right, in the link you have posted the joystick pictured has the slider for the throttle on the left hand side of the joystick.

I suggest you check any pictures/links to get the facts straight before posting a sarcastic reply.

By the way, tips and tricks 7 relates to the saitek throttle quadrant

That's what you use if you're tired of bringing you left hand across your body to operate the throttle on the joystick. Everyone I know finds it unnatural, makes no difference what side it's on if you're not using it

Besides for some people, . . I guess I'll just need to spell it out . . .( the throttle on the right side of ) YOUR COMPUTER DESK

Uncleal,

Sorry but not everyone is right handed, I am one of the billions in this world who are left handed, so I naturally have the joystick on the left side of the desk, so the throttle on that joystick would not be a problem for me.

Sounds like a joystick for lefthanders, flying with their left hand on the stick then, and operating the

throttle with the right?

But not every lefthander does it that way, guys.

To make it even more complicated: I am left handed, but I operate the joystick with my right hand.

I don't know how that came - possibly, because the throttles are mostly always on the left of the stick.

Today, I wouldn't like it any other way.

Sounds like a joystick for lefthanders, flying with their left hand on the stick then, and operating the

throttle with the right?

But not every lefthander does it that way, guys.

To make it even more complicated: I am left handed, but I operate the joystick with my right hand.

I don't know how that came - possibly, because the throttles are mostly always on the left of the stick.

Today, I wouldn't like it any other way.

So am I and I do too. The X52 won't operate any other way so I'd have been forced into it when I acquired one... except that I've always used a joystick 'right-handedly' despite being completely left-handed, -footed, and '-whatever else one has two of'ed' in every other respect

Ok so I decided to try the stick one last time and it was still a no go..

I have basic skill in electronics so i decided to open her up to see if i can do a "paste and glue special" to tie me over as i had nothing to loose and was shocked at what I saw..

It is all glued and masking taped togther on the inside...

Could it be that it was not an official Saitek stick? Even though Win7 recognised it as such. It also came with a Chinese/Japanese? power supply when I brought it (from a UK supplier) and I had to email Saitek and they sent me out a UK power supply free.

The "twist rudder" never worked properly either but I did not care as I have CH Pedals for that..

Surly this cant be official work?

IMAG0063.jpg

I have chosen my new stick after payday

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

17356.png

Most electronics these days seem to be produced in Asia - even when they are wearing a US

or European company brand name. But I have never seen anything like this.

Someone wanted to make sure, that no parts lose contact, it seems...

Pappy, you are going to love the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for flying in OFF. I have been using that stick for the last several years and it is super, and not expensive either.