Sign in to follow this  
Stary

GermanyCE enhanced tileset

GermanyCE enhanced tileset

This is repainted, enhanced tileset of GermanyCE terrain from SF2 Europe.

Version 1.1 -check changelog for list of updates.

All roads have been darkened, now appear as medium gray; opposite to previous yellowish -white.

All seasons have been replaced by new ones, slightly different than before. New seasons added -thaw before spring and early summer.

All TOD files are new, taken strictly from "trees, buildings graphics, TODs update" recently released.

Main G-type fields layout has been corrected and organised. Now layout is back more like it was in original TW tileset. Corresponding modified TODs included.

As an experiment all bmp files have been replaced by jpg format for HDD space conservation.

Tiles are 512x512, downsampled from 1024x1024 templates.

This pack FULLY replaces any of my GermanyCE 4 seasons mods. You don't need to have previous version installed -if you do, all old files will be replaced by new ones.

This is the tileset I posted several days ago (on 27th of June), updated to v1.1, full installation package.

Due to some uploading issues/errors on my side (thank you my ISP!) I had to have original 1.0 file removed by site administrators.

Thanks ! awesome detail

Thanks Stary, beautiful improvement :good:

just a little note, the fall coastal tiles still have the gray beaches.

I know, left them that way for "cold" seasons, but on most these are covered by snow. Covered in update changelog

Just saw trees on Zatec Airbase when i flew my custom Mig-21R campaign. Same with HireRes GermanyCE tiles form you (tods are shared?). Beside that excelent terrain. Can building fade away as trees or buildings in stock terrain?

img00001.JPG

Edited by ataribaby

yeah I'll have to make new TFD file, there are lot's of bases introduced after I did the tiling :(

guys if you spot the trees on runways/aprons/taxiways, report here, Also what kind of mods you have applied -some add more runways than stock or Nato Fighters 4+ and I have not tested all of them

yeah I'll have to make new TFD file, there are lot's of bases introduced after I did the tiling :(

guys if you spot the trees on runways/aprons/taxiways, report here, Also what kind of mods you have applied -some add more runways than stock or Nato Fighters 4+ and I have not tested all of them

No other terrain addons, just yours. Sure i use my Mig-21 pack and custom Mig-21R install with some red side enabled campaings by me too. None should influence terrain. Just stock game + your terrain.

My Zatec looks like this:

no runway :bad: others suffer from the same too... messed up my Nato 4+ install

also check this fix:

http://combatace.com/files/file/10408-fixed-tfd-file-for-my-hr-sf2e-germanyce-terrain-update/

Same result with that fix. I think Zatec was there from day zero of Wings Of Europe.

I'll try to fix that... I'm thinking about redoing "grass" type tods to remove ALL the trees from them. Simpler than retiling (by hand!) airbases perimeters -and allows modders using this tileset to place more airbases wherever they see fit

I'll try to fix that... I'm thinking about redoing "grass" type tods to remove ALL the trees from them. Simpler than retiling (by hand!) airbases perimeters -and allows modders using this tileset to place more airbases wherever they see fit

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for fixing this.

Hi,

I have been spending much time using this terrain which is very nice, especially the 4 seasons. When I fly a winter mission in inclement weather, it really feels like my native Canada.

However, I have a small issue, all of the rivers in summer are very green. When I remove the terrain, the stock water is blue. Although one could argue about the proper colour of the north/baltic sea, it does not feel right for a river.

I presume there should be a file I can remove or tweak to either get a more bluish colour or if that is not possible to revert to the stock water colour?

thanks

you'd have to repaint all the river tiles to your desired more proper bluish tint

Thanks. Since my original post, I rummaged through your mod and the previous version and saw all the river tiles are hand painted. The colour actually looks fine on the tile, very dark blue with a slight greenish tinge. It also looks light blue in game when the sun is reflecting off the water. It is only when you look at it away from the sun that it shows as green. I have been playing with the colour settings on my card (ATI 6950) to see if I can get the colour to shift to more blue.