Sign in to follow this  
Nick Tselepides

The wife...

Innocense.jpg

:nono: Does your wife ever complain about your simming?

Mine does not, luckily.

On the contary, sometimes she encourages me to go to the PC so she can watch a film on TV.

:biggrin: We have totally different tastes about films we want to see on TV--she wants fast police action or fantasy or magic and ESP movies--all genres I cannot stand--and I like social, history epics, westerns, documentaries, novel-type, and the like...

Innocense.jpg

:nono: Does your wife ever complain about your simming?

Mine does not, luckily.

On the contary, sometimes she encourages me to go to the PC so she can watch a film on TV.

:biggrin: We have totally different tastes about films we want to see on TV--she wants fast police action or fantasy or magic and ESP  movies--all genres I cannot stand--and I like social, history epics, westerns, documentaries, novel-type, and the like...

heh, well hang on to her Nick, she sounds ideal. :yes:

Nick, if you and your wife have found a middle ground, HANG ON TO HER! I can honestly say the hardest thing Ive ever done is find someone I am simpatico with. Even as easy-going as I am too, can you beleive it???!!!??? :dntknw:

Mine is very tolerant of my simming and other assorted hobbies. I took her to an aviation museum on our honeymoon and I didn't hear one complaint. Her friends tell her that she shouldn't let me spend as much as I do on games, models and books as I do. She tells them that at least I'm home, and not out carruosing around.

Her one complaint is when I start cussing the computer. :dntknw:

I don't have that sort of relationproblems or complainings.

Why?: Because I have no girl. But I hope you are very happy and lucky with your wives or girls.

Salute

Dutchy

Aye, I know that feeling.  Can't decide if it's good or bad  :swoon:

Just watch out. as soon as you are comfortable and become the ferrel bachelor, some gal will strike. I lasted until the age of 40 before finally getting hitched for real. By that time I was finished with the Navy and trying to raise my girl more or less on my own. So it was time I grew up, sort of, and settled down.

Remember, when you least expect it, the female of our species will decide you've had way too much fun and the next thing you know........ :shok: you have a ring on your finger and one throughthe nose. And you'll do it willingly.

Firehawkordy, I shall remember your words when it happen what you wrote.

I don't believe it about the ring around my finger, but further sounds possible. :blink:

Salute

Dutchy

Dutchy,

If you're over 18, it is time you got yourself a girl. See what it is like, and get some experience...

Girls/women can be a boon or a disaster, or both from the same girl at different periods.

Thing to do is not marry too young, and while courting, do not let them get the upper hand. You can achive the latter by the simple expedient of not being submissive and making her believe you see many people socially, so they are always a little jealous and cautious with you. That keeps them checked.

How to make them believe you are busy? Here:

(phone conversation)

W: I called you last night and did not find you.

You: I was busy

W: Oh yes? What were you doing?

You: That is personal business matters and I like to keep it personal, please.

(This way she knows she cannot get away with that question again in the future, and you are telling her it is none of her business in a polite way).

W: You did not call me when you said you would...

You: I hate phone slavery, you know...If I did not call, it means that must have been busy, and I am not they type to call on command, you know...

(This take care of "Phne me 3 times a day nightmare problem)

etc etc in that vein...

In my experience, that sort of guidleine works like a miracle, as you either get rid of a bug (and you can soon find another one who is easier to deal with), or she succumbs and steers away from what you do not like.

Cheers....

...She tells them that at least I'm home, and not out carruosing around.

That sounds like my wife. :clapping:

My wife tolerates it a lot because I have my computer in the living room where the TV is and not in a different room of the house. At least this way we're "together". On my days off we spend most of the day together so my sim time is limited to the evenings or late nights.

I hate phone slavery, you know...If I did not call, it means that must have been busy, and I am not they type to call on command, you know...(This take care of "Phne me 3 times a day nightmare problem)

:biggrin: That's pro-active, wish I had said that years ago.

:help:

I forgot to mention, my very understanding and tolerant wife and I celebrated our fourth aniversery the 28th. I have to say that this four years went by faster than my first four in the Navy, and much more fun.

As for the the phone slavery, I cant say that I went through that but my friends have been put through hell by their girlfriends doing that :haha: . I have one bud that would be called 20-30 times a day by his ex. He put a stop to it by having my girlfriend answer the phone. I always made sure whoever I was with understood MY rules concerning the phone. :rtfm: Number one, no calls after 2100 unless you are bleeding or in jail. I had reason for that one as my grandparents were in poor health and in thier 80's. Rule number two, dont call me at work, uless you are bleeding or in jail.

Anyway all you single guys, enjoy being that way while you can, once you find the right one it's all over. :blink: