Sign in to follow this  
Von Paulus

OT - Happy 4th of July

Yup, Thanks, I just spent yesterday out being a BaRbEEQue speschea-ial-alist.. This morning, this was in my In-box from my sister, I think she's trying to tell me something..

What the bloodyhell happed to our squadron cook?

Happy 4th July to our pals across the pond! :drinks:

Happy 4th of July from me too. :drinks:

Out independence day is on December 6. Too cold and snowy for BBQ though. :grin:

Happy 4th of July from me too. :drinks:

Out independence day is on December 6. Too cold and snowy for BBQ though. :grin:

One day later and it would be in the infamy day.

Portugal is the country of holy days. So we have more than 1 day to celebrate such matters.

10th June - Day of Portugal which is the date of the death of one of our most illustrious poets, Camões. It tells really which kind of people we are, doesn't it?!

5th October - Day of the Republic

1th Dezember - The day that we win back our independence from our Spanish neighbors (brothers).

Happy 4th! :drinks:

Just hung with some friends at their campsite, watched a parade come through my town, made our way over to a chicken BBQ, then went swimming in the cool river near my house - best 4th ever!

Portugal is the country of holy days. So we have more than 1 day to celebrate such matters.

It seems to me that mostly Catholic countries have more such days than mostly Protestant nations. In the 16th century, Martin Luther taught us to work harder and celebrate less. We had no choice but to compensate the loss of Catholic holidays by starting to drink more. :grin:

It seems to me that mostly Catholic countries have more such days than mostly Protestant nations. In the 16th century, Martin Luther taught us to work harder and celebrate less. We had no choice but to compensate the loss of Catholic holidays by starting to drink more. :grin:

I'm not sure if it's a question of being Catholic or not, but what I do know is that I agree with Martin. Too much holidays and siesta time. Well we don't have the siesta time nor the tea time. After the government forbade us to smoke indoor establishments, there is the smoke time for the smokers. If not there's always the coffee break. One way or the other the breaks are institutionalized.

For me the main culprit is the sun and the good weather. If you Finnish would end up living here, you'd become also lazier with the hot. :heat::grin: