Sign in to follow this  
dragoon105

Campaign Finally Complete!

Greetings All,

Has anyone ever actually finished any single Wings Over series campaign? After seven plus years of hard core flight simming I am proud to say I finally finished one form Sept18 to Oct 18 1977 flying an F-15A form the 525th "Bulldogs" TFS.

The campaign was a very detailed and historically correct (as close as possible) self modified version of WOE 1979 which I called BITBURG EAGLES 1977. I rewound the clock back to the year 1977 when the first F-15s reached europe replacing F-4Es from the 36th TFW in Bitburg West Germany. The normal 1979 F-15 squadrons in 1977 were equipped with F-4s with the only F-15 squadrons being 22,53,525 TFS flying the F-15. I also added a few SU-15, SU-24 and MIG-25 squadrons.

I had everyhting set on hard and actually took off flew all the way and back and landed. I managed to stay alive despite being shot down three times and kept a running log (attached) of all 27 mission events.

I would be interested in hearing anyone else's flight sim war stories.

525 TFS log.doc

This is what's always put me off this series - the campaigns. So repetitive and long, i've never actually finished one.

I've always prefered scripted campaigns (love the LOMAC campaigns), but always find myself coming back to thirdwire for the dogfights. Its the fact the campaigns are boring however that my stints are often shorter than i'd like.

- Alex

Congrats, I've had this series for almost as long as it's been out and never finished a campaign, short attention span. I prefer single mission as I have more say on where I'm going and what I'm going to carry. That said this is the only air combat sim that I will put any time into, CFS was a joke and if I wanted to read a manual that could choke a horse I would have stayed in the Navy, so no LOMAC and no Falcon 4.

Third Wire Games, Come for the campaigns, stay for the dogfights!

Congrats!

I've finished two, Rolling Thunder & Linebacker II, with WOV Enhanced. I'm working on finishing Linebacker I.

The first campaign I ever finished was Linebacker II because it was so short.

Edited by F117NightHawk

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I've finished many WOE and WOV campaigns flying different aircraft and countries. If you can't get past them i suggest you check what you are doing and make adjustments. Otherwise, you are garden variety pigeons merely taking off to be shot down.

In 4yrs of flying WoE NATO ive survived ONE campaign with the Tornado ADV,my fetish is for the ground attack role so thats probably why i havent managed to complete a campaign in that role,even with the mighty Weasel!

Edited by jayo