Hi, I'm just saying hello to everyone here, and kind of giving some info for reference and what not.

My name is Brandon Cline. I'm 17, freshly graduated from high school a year early and I have my A+ Certification in Computer Maintenance and Repair. I've been flying sims for a little over 3 years now, so I'm not a newbie, but I still have a lot to learn. I came from the LockOn crowd, and have been a lone wolfer there for quite some time now. I do have a couple of minor questions but I will get on to those later.

I picked this simulator up and have fallen in love. It's just awesome. I really love the way it plays, how the aircraft feel, and how much it challenges my mud moving abilities. I have SF2, and the expansions all merged. I have also figured out how to install mods and man am I thrilled with the folder method this sim uses for mods. I love it. But anyway that's what I think about this sim.

Now, on to the few questions I have.

1. Is there multiplayer available for this simulator?

2. Is there a GUI based mission editor available somewhat like Lock On or say ArmA?

3. I have yet to find an aircraft modification putting the F-16C into the game. As I'm sure this question may be asked by plenty of newbies, but is the lack of this mod because of no-one is interested, or is it because of something the developer has said or is going to do? I.E. Will the developer opt to not allow an F-16C modification into the game for some reason?

If you need to contact me, my email is : brandoncline5446@gmail.com

I do have a Facebook as well, but unlike every other teenager, I hate the thing.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

o7 Gary.

1. Sadly there is no Multiplayer (that I'm aware of) in Strike Fighters.

Can't help you with 2 & 3 since I'm a pretty big newbie when it comes to modding.

Cheers and enjoy your stay.

Hi, I'm just saying hello to everyone here, and kind of giving some info for reference and what not.

My name is Brandon Cline. I'm 17, freshly graduated from high school a year early and I have my A+ Certification in Computer Maintenance and Repair. I've been flying sims for a little over 3 years now, so I'm not a newbie, but I still have a lot to learn. I came from the LockOn crowd, and have been a lone wolfer there for quite some time now. I do have a couple of minor questions but I will get on to those later.

I picked this simulator up and have fallen in love. It's just awesome. I really love the way it plays, how the aircraft feel, and how much it challenges my mud moving abilities. I have SF2, and the expansions all merged. I have also figured out how to install mods and man am I thrilled with the folder method this sim uses for mods. I love it. But anyway that's what I think about this sim.

Now, on to the few questions I have.

1. Is there multiplayer available for this simulator?

2. Is there a GUI based mission editor available somewhat like Lock On or say ArmA?

3. I have yet to find an aircraft modification putting the F-16C into the game. As I'm sure this question may be asked by plenty of newbies, but is the lack of this mod because of no-one is interested, or is it because of something the developer has said or is going to do? I.E. Will the developer opt to not allow an F-16C modification into the game for some reason?

If you need to contact me, my email is : brandoncline5446@gmail.com

I do have a Facebook as well, but unlike every other teenager, I hate the thing.

1: There is currently no multiplayer feature in 2nd Gen TW sims.

2:If you have SF2E:Expansion Pack 2, you will have a mission editor available.

3: I think if you download Nato Fighters 4+ you will get an F-16C. Otherwise I'm not sure even though I have one in my game lol.

Hope that helps! :drinks:

liamp51

welcome Gary!

I you have Expansion pack2, which requires SF2 Europe, then when you create single mission you have that small pen icon above NEXT button -it opens Mission Editor when all things can happen.

no there is no C model Viper currently tho a modder out east is makin a set blocks 50-70. NF4+ is an excellent mod to install tho it's Vipers only go upto Blk15. welcome to CA Gary :drinks: (yours has root beer due to age :grin: )

The series only runs to about 1983 at most - currently Thirdwire are only concentrating on the pre 1983 era - and there have been no plans to change this so anything like an F-16C is a long way off if ever.

There are 2 F-16 models in development by modders here, one F-16C Block 25, and another model that might be used to represent modern versions such as the F-16E Block 60, and proposed Block 70 for India that was rejected recently.

There is actually an older F-16C model (7 years older )that you will find in the SF1 downloads - and you can convert it over - no cockpit was ever finished for it though.

In regards to lack of interest - people who flew Falcon 4 and its variants with HFFMs and avionics modelling are happy to fly something different in SF2 which could explain why its never been priority.

welcome Gary!

I you have Expansion pack2, which requires SF2 Europe, then when you create single mission you have that small pen icon above NEXT button -it opens Mission Editor when all things can happen.

Thank you very much Stary! Much obliged. Now I HAVE to go check that out! Salute.gif

no there is no C model Viper currently tho a modder out east is makin a set blocks 50-70. NF4+ is an excellent mod to install tho it's Vipers only go upto Blk15. welcome to CA Gary :drinks: (yours has root beer due to age :grin: )

Hm, well, I was never really a beer drinker. Don't fancy drinking that much at all to be quite honest. But I will check out the NF4 mod.

The series only runs to about 1983 at most - currently Thirdwire are only concentrating on the pre 1983 era - and there have been no plans to change this so anything like an F-16C is a long way off if ever.

There are 2 F-16 models in development by modders here, one F-16C Block 25, and another model that might be used to represent modern versions such as the F-16E Block 60, and proposed Block 70 for India that was rejected recently.

There is actually an older F-16C model (7 years older )that you will find in the SF1 downloads - and you can convert it over - no cockpit was ever finished for it though.

In regards to lack of interest - people who flew Falcon 4 and its variants with HFFMs and avionics modelling are happy to fly something different in SF2 which could explain why its never been priority.

I wasn't actually on the hunt for an C model Viper, just was perplexed as I went through the modification list and found none. Usually with Lock On, all you would hear out of people is "Y U NO HAVE F-16C?!?!" I am honestly quite shocked to not see that at all here. Although your idea of why is a lot like mine. I had just figured FF5 had taken everyone's interest in the C model Viper.lol.gif

no some of us here are awaiting C models. there is quite abit of modern stuff here, but as the avionics dlls come in 60s or 70s flavors much is worked around to get them close to right. as to the pre-83, that is by design in stock game. with very simple ini edits tho you can fly anytime from the dawn of flight to 20 years into the future. glance thru the forums here, esp anything relating to patches and the Knowledge Base. it will help you in modding SF2. we will all answer your questions tho if it is something easily found we will provide the link. then laugh at you. :grin:

no some of us here are awaiting C models. there is quite abit of modern stuff here, but as the avionics dlls come in 60s or 70s flavors much is worked around to get them close to right. as to the pre-83, that is by design in stock game. with very simple ini edits tho you can fly anytime from the dawn of flight to 20 years into the future. glance thru the forums here, esp anything relating to patches and the Knowledge Base. it will help you in modding SF2. we will all answer your questions tho if it is something easily found we will provide the link. then laugh at you. :grin:

Yes I have perused the Knowledge Base before I came here and posted. I also did what almost no-one does... Google'd my problem. grin.gif And I took a look at the Super Hornet mod and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was.