Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Barmy Films Presents - HPWs Ultimate Damage Model Overview

What's in store for you with HPWs Ultimate Damage Model? Watch Barmy Films Overview to find out!

Herr Prop Wasche's Ultimate Damage Model (5:25) 1080HD

Hellshade

Very nice video, Hellshade. At first, I thought I was listening to the pilot of American Airlines--or was that Lufthansa, telling the passengers to put their seats back and enjoy the flight.

You did an excellent job of highlighting the main benefits of the DM and FM mods. Sorry to say I can't seem to get rid of the bailing pilot, however.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Very nice video, Hellshade. At first, I thought I was listening to the pilot of American Airlines--or was that Lufthansa, telling the passengers to put their seats back and enjoy the flight.

You did an excellent job of highlighting the main benefits of the DM and FM mods. Sorry to say I can't seem to get rid of the bailing pilot, however.

Well done Hellshade in displaying some fine examples of the changes made. This is going to be a popular mod for sure and I can't wait to see the continued feedback over the coming days.

Great video, Hellshade - and terrific work by HPW and Creaghorn in developing this mod. :clapping:

Watching the vid, strikes me that a number of people who had been running 'less accurate' gun settings (with our without HPW's specific mod for guns) might be switching back to 'normal' after the first fight or two with this mod. :cool:

Excellent video and Excellent mod :D

Now this is like a most perfect Double Burger, as it demonstrates this great FM and DM work

by Herr Prop-Wasche and Creaghorn in a well explaining video by Hellshade.

I understood only now, what there is all changed and waiting for me in the next sorties.

Making more of a difference between smaller vital areas, and larger non-vital ones, should make

the whole dogfighting a lot more realistic.

If it looked easy in the video, then that is only because Hellshade is a top gun.

I am very curious about my next flights now!

Should be suitably difficult to follow in the footsteps of René Fonck and his method of getting kills with a few shots now.

Great video, Hellshade - and terrific work by HPW and Creaghorn in developing this mod. :clapping:

Watching the vid, strikes me that a number of people who had been running 'less accurate' gun settings (with our without HPW's specific mod for guns) might be switching back to 'normal' after the first fight or two with this mod. :cool:

Ironically, Creaghorn finds that the most realistic experience is by putting the guns on Accurate when using a bullet mod that he created. If you want to hit the engine, you have to hit it directly and not just get near it and depend on a little "spray" to do the damage for you. I'm sure he'll release his mod when he gets back. I believe he's on a little vacation.

Thanks for the compliments on the videos. I tried to do it in a "Barmy" way just for the fun of it.

Hellshade

Ironically, Creaghorn finds that the most realistic experience is by putting the guns on Accurate when using a bullet mod that he created. If you want to hit the engine, you have to hit it directly and not just get near it and depend on a little "spray" to do the damage for you. I'm sure he'll release his mod when he gets back. I believe he's on a little vacation.

Thanks for the compliments on the videos. I tried to do it in a "Barmy" way just for the fun of it.

Hellshade

Thanks for your reply, Hellshade.

Indeed, I think these guys have - for very good reason - been looking for some time to add greater realism (and more realistic results in terms of how diificult it should be to shoot down an opponent in WW1) in terms of both what you see (Creaghorn's and Elephant's tracer and impact mods) and what you get (HPW's accuracy mods and now these new DMs).

The question now is what is the 'perfect' combination of these mods (and settings within mods)?

Your recounting of Creaghorn's views makes sense given all this. What mod is he about to release? An update of his previous tracer mod or something else?

The question now is what is the 'perfect' combination of these mods (and settings within mods)?

Your recounting of Creaghorn's views makes sense given all this. What mod is he about to release? An update of his previous tracer mod or something else?

I use

Creaghorn

Smoke Tracers

Sound Tweak II

Bullet Mod (not yet released to the public)

Bletchley

191X Active Sector start month - end month

Her Prop Wasche

HPW Rear Guns

HPW Ultimate DM 1.0

HPW Allied FM Pack 1.0

HPW German FM Pack 1.0

Creaghorn feels the best results are gotten by putting the front guns on Accurate while using his mod. I find Normal works best for me, otherwise I still can snipe down huns at an alarming rate. I think it depends on how good your accuracy % usually is. If your accuracy is high (50%+) then the normal mode gives enough bullet spread that you won't take out an engine or pilot in a single pass, as some of the bullets will be off their mark a bit and hit other parts of the plane or else miss entirely. If your accuracy % is lower, I'd probably recommend using Accurate guns as Creaghorn does. However his bullet mod makes a difference so don't judge the effect of using Accurate front guns until he makes it available.

The real answer of course is try it all out in various combinations and see what feels best for you. After all, it's about your experience in the cockpit!

Hellshade

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

It's been a while since I was here, and yet I knew what was going on in the background. What a GREAT mod and VIDEO.

OFF to a new level.

Thanks.

British_eh

Well done Hellshade! A very informative little film on HPW's latest efforts. :good:

Great vid Hellshade - ever thought of making movies for a living? ;)

nice vid hellshade :good: .

as mentioned in the other thread, the DM works best with gun spread set to normal, not accurate or less accurate.

Great vid Hellshade - ever thought of making movies for a living? ;)

I'm looking forward to shooting some P4 movies, hopefully sometime in the not too distant future. :lol:

Hellshade