A-16A 'Attack Falcon'

A-16A 'Attack Falcon'

-- For SF2, Full-4 Merged (Prefered) and/or SF2:I ONLY!!! --

As stated above, you =MUST= have a Full-4 Merged install, or at the VERY LEAST SF2:I to make use of this mod package, as it references all stock items for the aircraft and cockpit lods that are ONLY found in SF2:I or Full-4 Merged game installs. If you have neither of these, don't download this, as you'll not be able to use it.

This is a modification of the F-16 Netz into the proposed A-16A 'Attack Falcon', a specalized ground support aircraft intended to replace the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Those wishing more infromation on it, are encouraged to Google it, and also look at F-16.net.

The aircraft has been completely reskinned in 3-tone Euro 1, from a new home-grown template. Markings represent those based a Nellis AFB, Nevada (for weapons testing and integration). All basic inis, skins and decals are included, as is new green painted version of the AIM-9P Sidwinder (just for this mod/skin pak). All markings are decals, with the exception of the Nellis tail stripe. Serial numbers are spurious; taken from another source.

In the Loadout ini, several alternate loadouts are listed. These can be accessed from the 3rdWire mission editor screen (for post-Expansion Pak 2 users). With the exception of the green 9P winder, all loadouts use stock items.

As always, =READ= the enclosed readme for full, detailed instructions. This package has been broken down into the various folders that SF2 needs/requires/should have, to make it a LOT easier to install. Also, as usual, the expected 'Notes and Other Nonesense' comments by me. Any and all inaccuracies are mine, as we only have the Netz to work from

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

I'm sure I'll have good times with this one :good:

Hello,

Thank you Wrench for your A-16!!! Very good idea... :clapping:

... lizard type colors are sweet.

Coupi. :salute:

Edited by Coupi

figuring out the mapping on the skin was a nightmare ... expecially for the tail hook! Kept coming out green!!

you'll note they more-or-less follow the Isreali camo pattern ... laziness sometimes pays off!!! :lol:

Now....if some 3d Guru want to build a GPU-5 lod ... I've got all the ini work already done (just need a lod that fits 'betwix the legs.

Nice work Kevin. I've been having some fun with it.

Now to add the PAVE PENNY pod...

for those interested, I'm uploading my (and Kevin's) GPU-5/A, remember it's my first weapon project :grin:

Kewl!

hey storm, when you get that PP positioned, post the spec ... I'd given soem thought to adding a chin pod, but kept the bird more 'as delivered'

wrench

kevin stein

Good work! Back in the day I thought this one would reach reality.

Wrench check your loadout.ini it should say this

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9PG

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

But you have this

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9P-G

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Wrench check your loadout.ini it should say this

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9PG

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

But you have this

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9P-G

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

OPPS!!!

ok folks ... take note ... it should be AIM-9PG

Kevin,

I've tried adding the Pave Penny, but cant find the LOD name. I think it's part of the A-10's LOD. So I've positioned the HTS pod in it's place to act as a visual stand-in. I'll do some ini editing to give it a laser ability, after.

-S

Im doing the C model version......

Here it is with the green stand-in PAVE PENNY pod.

img00006.JPG

Here it is with the green stand-in PAVE PENNY pod.

post-204-0-72739400-1310482178.jpg

Can you put that mod up for DL?

Can you put that mod up for DL?

Yep, I'll do it tonight.

Guest TG929

I have a question:

Does this bird have additional armor? The attack aircraft like A-10s, Su-25s and Chinese Q-5 are all armored, but the vanilla F-16 don't.

did you LOOK in the data ini???