Sign in to follow this  
Von Paulus

OT - For Moody's with love from Portugal

Just love the song:

Sorry for the off-topic but I couldn't resist.

Europe is now going into an offensive against rating agencies.

I hope they win.

• Like 1

Given that the f***ing ratings agencies were still giving Lehman's an AAA+ rating shortly prior to its collapse, it's questionable as to why anyone would ay any attention to them at all. Personally, I would ban them from operating and prosecute them on the grounds that they distort markets through deception.

Rating agencies and the whole monetary system is B------T!!! :tease:

Well, they've certainly - along with cadaverous traders - f***ed up Greece good and proper, even if you disregard the tax evading propensities of wealthy Greeks. Moody's, Standard & Poor and the rest: up against the wall and it's Kalashnikov time - they've ruined more lives than can be counted.

I saw an article discussing the tax system over in Greece and it gave the impression that everyone grossly under reported their taxable income. Almost as if it were a national pasttime.

http://www.nytimes.c.../02evasion.html

Unfortunately its common in Latin countries as well. More rich and powerful you're and more you evade. The small fish is just trying to survive and usually cannot escape. But I hear that it's not anymore exclusive to South Europe countries. It's more widely spread. And in the world.

Of course that's only a part of the equation. The score we all know, it's a mess.

Edited by Von Paulus

I saw an article discussing the tax system over in Greece and it gave the impression that everyone grossly under reported their taxable income. Almost as if it were a national pasttime.

http://www.nytimes.c.../02evasion.html

I spent holidays in Rhodes last year, and it was a subject for jokes from our insular guide. For example, when the bus drove along splendid villas: "You know, no rich men are living here. We have no rich men in Greece - according with the tax authorities. Only one hundred private swimming-pools are declared in whole Greece." That week during spring 2010, a nation-scale strike was expected in Greece, but few services were actually blocked that day on the island. But 2011 promises to be harsher, and I would certainly not travel to Greece this year. They'll probably have an empty tourist season, which shall help to push this unfortunate country towards the abysses.

And yes Von Paulus, the problem is not an exclusively Southern one. Here in France, the stormy debates about the jungle of innumerable tax shelters advantaging the rich shall weigh much in the oncoming presidential elections next year. Or will just be another smoke screen as usual.

hee, hee, hee...good video VP. :biggrin:

So, when should we start the revolution and take back the world from the greedy, self-serving gits?

Excellent video and music. :grin:

I have no words foul enough to describe how I feel about those speculating Bilderberger vampires. :butcher: