Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Albatros C.III in progress

I have the Albatros C.III built and rigged. I worked out how the random decal thing works, so each plane will have its own serial numbers and fuselage marking. I'm also using the national insignia that come with the game, so you will be able to change nationality. I also included an internal bomb rack with the bombs mounted vertically between the pilot and gunner, like in the real plane. I'm still working on the skins and starting on the cockpit.

I'm having trouble finding photos of the cockpit. (The cockpit of the D series was very different from the C series.) I found a drawing of a Rumpler C.I, which was built about the same time, and a photo of the cockpit in a plastic model of the Albatros C.III. If anyone has photos to share of the cockpit of the Albatros C.III, please let me know, otherwise I'm going to fake it.

Thanks, Stephen1918

post-67404-0-57673900-1310100819.jpg

post-67404-0-31936000-1310100830.jpg

post-67404-0-53444400-1310100840.jpg

post-67404-0-32416300-1310100849.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

EXCELLENT!!! :clapping:

P.S: i let you the mercedes DIII engine incase you need it

mercedes160m2.zip

look already very very good Stephen!:drinks:

Stephen1918, the only ones i have are from the Windsock datafile on the C.III. these are the 2 pics from it.

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

let me know if you want a copy of the datafile. it's 40mb

P.S: i let you the mercedes DIII engine incase you need it

Thanks for the engine sound, Nix. I was going to ask when I got closer to finishing the plane.

Stephen1918, the only ones i have are from the Windsock datafile on the C.III. these are the 2 pics from it.

Thanks for the photos, Whiteknight, these will be a great help!

Edited by Stephen1918

Looking good Stephen! I'm imagining right now flying this over the Palestine terrain in Turkish markings:)

That is an absolutely beautiful aircraft Stephen and just as important, it fills one of the remaining gaps in the First Eagles planeset, a mainstream 1916 C-type to supplement the Walfisch and fill in better between the Aviatik and the DFW. Likewise, your Nieuport 10 will do the same.

For future projects, the last thing you probably need is more suggestions but FWIW, I think the most useful planes would be the elegant and very widely-used BE2e or 2f (the A Team do a range of BEs but they all share a basically BE2b fuselage and have an early appearance, modeled with the streamlined sump fairing under the nose removed) and it could also serve as a basis for a BE-12b fighter version with a bit of tweaking, two for a bit more than the price of one as it were:

ZK-BFR_IMG_3379-Edit.jpg

...a representative later-war German C-type, like the Halberstadt CV or the LVG CVI, again the latter is one seen at airshows and sure to be popular, as well as a useful gap-filler for the time the DFW was past its best and becoming rarer on the Western Front:

027%20LVG%20C.VI.jpg

Edited by 33LIMA

For future projects, the last thing you probably need is more suggestions but FWIW, I think the most useful planes would be the elegant and very widely-used BE2e or 2f (the A Team do a range of BEs but they all share a basically BE2b fuselage and have an early appearance, modeled with the streamlined sump fairing under the nose removed) and it could also serve as a basis for a BE-12b fighter version with a bit of tweaking, two for a bit more than the price of one as it were:

...a representative later-war German C-type, like the Halberstadt CV or the LVG CVI, again the latter is one seen at airshows and sure to be popular, as well as a useful gap-filler for the time the DFW was past its best and becoming rarer on the Western Front:

These are both great airplanes. I really like the LVG and will put it on my list...