Sign in to follow this  
Pappy55

Aces High film

I was bored the other evening and decided to watch Aces High for the first time in years..

Anyway for those that have seen it, in the mess they sing avation related versions of popular songs of the era which is just the same tune with flying lyrics

They include

"My Bonnie lies over the ocean"

"keep the Home Fires Burning" (Chorus)

And some others..

Does anyone know what these songs are I cant find them.. Do they even exist outside the film?

I was bored the other evening and decided to watch Aces High for the first time in years..

Anyway for those that have seen it, in the mess they sing avation related versions of popular songs of the era which is just the same tune with flying lyrics

They include

"My Bonnie lies over the ocean"

"keep the Home Fires Burning" (Chorus)

And some others..

Does anyone know what these songs are I cant find them.. Do they even exist outside the film?

I started a thread on 'Songs from the Mess' a while back, with several references to 'Aces High' among others... might be of interest LINK

As I mentioned a while back, there will be a couple of Great War song books in the next WWI Books download I am compiling.

Also, Dej, I love the verse in your sig block! :grin: