Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

3Ds-max 2009 scale animation HELP needed

i have changed from 3Ds-max vers.2008 to 3Ds-max vers.2009 and for reasons i dont know i´m no longer able to make scale-animation thats why i will post now step by step my scaling process and hopfully someone can tell me what i´m doing wrong :blink::dntknw:

step 1

i sellect the key-filters (all) move the animation slider to the position-1 and select "Motion"

step 2

i select the PRS-Parameter "Scale"

step 3

i select the toggle "Auto Key Mode"

step 4

i move the animation slider to position-10

step 5

i select again the PRS-Parameter "Scale"

step 6

i select all vertex of the object to be scaled

step 7

i scale the object

step 8

done

in the game the object appears and all animation except the scaling is working , can somebody tell me what i´m doing wrong now in this ver.2009???? :dntknw:

i´m thankful for any help in this matter , the steps above work fine in the 3Ds max vers.2008

Is even scale animation supported? :dntknw:

maybe ini mismatch? I know it sounds too obvious, but you know

Is even scale animation supported? :dntknw:

maybe ini mismatch? I know it sounds too obvious, but you know

thanks Stary i will check again

sofar it is the same way i did the brakchute animation for all myweapons and the RF-4E´s the only difference is that i use max2009 now and for this particular case the brakechute cover is animated and the animation works as shown in the picture above

this is my suggestion:

in key filters, leave only "modifiers" selected, deselect the others.

select the Auto Key, set in frame 1(like you done earlier) and then scale the vertices only. it should create a frame. then move to frame 10, and scale all the vertices. you do not need to select the "bezier scale" before doing this, just make sure that this parameters in use and not the "TCB Scale." ready for export.

good luck, i hope have helped, and if you don't have success, you can send to mine email today and i do it for you.

no idea sadly... controller issue?

Scale Vertex Animation is supported, also make sure your using TCB Animation Controllers.

Looking at your screens, you're using Bezier, delete your animation keys, and change it to TCB, re-animate.

Edited by SkateZilla

Scale Vertex Animation is supported, also make sure your using TCB Animation Controllers.

Looking at your screens, you're using Bezier, delete your animation keys, and change it to TCB, re-animate.

sorry to disagree with you, but I think you're wrong because I tested some animations in an model with the vertexScale usingTCB and not worked, worked when I returned to the defaut.

We've been told to Use TCB from the beginning AFAIK, if you do animations and keyframes then switch to TCB, it will not work in game, if you switch controllers after setting keyframes all keyframes for that object must be deleted.

1. Make sure the Controller assigned is TCB Controller. On later max version' date=' this is no longer the default (I think they default to Euler or something)

TK

--[/quote']

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5548&hilit=Animations

Edited by SkateZilla

i also dont use auto key,

I goto Frame 001, pres "KEY", then the KEY Shaped Button, Move the Slider to Frame 10, Scale, Rotate, Move whatever, Hit the Key Shape Again, then Press The "KEY" Button again. then move slider back and forth to make sure animation is good.

ok i found the problem it is not the animation it is the merged objects of the 4 brake-chute´s i dont realy know what exactly causes this but as soon as i split the merged object in to 4 seperate brake-chutes and animate each one separately everything works :grin:

Thanks to all who try to help :drinks:

WE-177A british nuke just needs mapping now

there should be a max Vertex count per mesh when animating with vertices, you might have been over the max, not sure though.

Edited by SkateZilla

Hi ravenclaw thank you for this tutorial.... I want to apply this to my brake chute, but The chute has the same animation with the gears it stays open until gears go up ..how can i apply this and use the hook animation key to deploy chute ?

Hi ravenclaw thank you for this tutorial.... I want to apply this to my brake chute, but The chute has the same animation with the gears it stays open until gears go up ..how can i apply this and use the hook animation key to deploy chute ?

The brake chute needs to have it's own animation slot. Then you can assign it to the Arrestor Hook.

You might also want to stick a statement in there to have it deploy when on the the ground only.

Just a suggestion...

Dels

check my RF-4E models i use the Air-Brake to release the Chute , this works perfect and as Dels mention above the Chute needs his own animation slot

[Chute]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=1.0

RetractTime=0.05

AnimationID=10

ModelNodeName=

DragArea=25.00

DeployWhenOnGears=TRUE

// FullyDeployOnGround=TRUE

Edited by ravenclaw_007

check my RF-4E models i use the Air-Brake to release the Chute , this works perfect and as Dels mention above the Chute needs his own animation slot

[Chute]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=1.0

RetractTime=0.05

AnimationID=10

ModelNodeName=

DragArea=25.00

DeployWhenOnGears=TRUE

// FullyDeployOnGround=TRUE

I tried that. Tried to set the animaion on 9 ( 81-90 ) but when I scale, a bar appears on the no 1 slot on the slide scale

I tried that. Tried to set the animaion on 9 ( 81-90 ) but when I scale, a bar appears on the no 1 slot on the slide scale

It will do ed...just move the key to the slot you are using.as you would when animating any item.the first key will start at 1

It will do ed...just move the key to the slot you are using.as you would when animating any item.the first key will start at 1

Got it :salute::good:

thank you

post-11906-0-72108200-1312166570.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k