Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

The Illustrated BOC News, July 9, 2011

"Über" means something like "above" or "on top" -

I guess, a man can only feel weak under such an Übervixen...

But I wouldn't mind; I mean, why should we always be the strong gender?

Interesting clearance about the strangely painted aircraft.

And I had rashly accused typical British carelessness...ouch!

Great stuff, Lou - I knew it all the time, that Winder, Pol and OvS could only be

time travellers. I mean, just look at OvS's outfit! Does this man look like a person who could exist?

And from the others we don't even have any pics!

OvS.jpg

All the news a guy needs. Except for the updates from OBD. Great way to start my day.

another prize winning edition..........editorial content irredeemably absurd....what could be better? thanks

Top notch stuff Lou! You are a natural born reporter and one hell of an Editor. I can see The Illustrated BoC News flying off the newstands all over the world. Now that News of the World is shutting down, I can easly see your paper taking the top spot. I sure hope they find that ground crewman. Either the generals got to him or he went flyin after he painted a plane. Either way, we may never see him again...

Hellshade

You are as Barmy as they come Lou...well done! :clapping:

I use the term "Uber" all the time Olham as in "Damn she's so Uber-Sensitive!"

That's correct use, Shiloh, as it also means the same as your "super".

That's correct use, Shiloh, as it also means the same as your "super".

Look at me Olham - speaking German. I can also count to 10 and know a few other words as my brother and sister took it as a 2nd language in high school.

Must be hard to learn German. I find it is a very complex and complicated language.

Someone once said, that he found English most appropriate for writing pop songs,

and German for setting up texts for rules and laws.

While English is short-silabelled and therefor light and quick, and often rather open,

German is very precise (if used correct) and can pin things down with words.

It doesn't have the nice flow of other languages though - even Russian sounds more

fluid, round and warmer to me. So be glad, if you must not learn it.

It's definitely more difficult than English, but also rather logical, of course with some exceptions. Certainly not impossible to learn well, but one must be prepared to learn a lot of things by heart. My spoken German has deteriorated very badly for lack of use, but I still read a lot in German, which helps to keep the skill active.

Regarding English as the language of pop songs, don't forget that you live in a land of Dichter und Denker, Olham! :drinks:

Though sadly it must be said that in the last century, Germany was often more of a land of Richter und Henker. But that's in the past now.

... I still read a lot in German, which helps to keep the skill active.

Wow - then it must be pretty good, your German!

Regarding English as the language of pop songs, don't forget that you live in a land of Dichter und Denker, Olham!

Yes, great poems surely! Rilke is amazing!

But especially pop-songs are easier to write with short words (1-2 silabels),

and then English is so full of words with many different meanings, which keeps

it open, or can transport double meanings in one sentence. I like that.

Though sadly it must be said that in the last century, Germany was often more of a land of Richter und Henker.

But that's in the past now.

I hope so; I hope this will never happen again.

And if it does, I will paddle over the north sea and join Widowmaker's troops.

Edited by Olham

Wow - then it must be pretty good, your German!

I'd say quite sufficient, at least with the help of a good dictionary. :grin:

Yes, great poems surely! Rilke is amazing!

And Goethe! Poems like Der Erlkönig and Totentanz are great, if a bit dark. Very much like the stuff the great American, Edgar Allan Poe wrote later.

Another excellent lunatic edition, Lou. And now the News of the World is no more there's a gap in the market... in the UK at least :good:

TWITS they may be, but they have a possible point about Cameron!

Contact (tink... tink... tink...) Clear!

Edited by Dej

These online publications beat my old RC club's PDF newsletters hands down. I think R/C modelers take themselves far too seriously.

Cheers and keep the Presses rolling!

Contact, (tink...tink.... tink.) Clear!

Seriously brilliant Lou...I look forward to reading this everytime!... I have some seriously silly snaps to add to a future edition Lou...pm your email addy, and I'll send them to you!

THUMBS UP EVERYONE WHO THINKS THIS SHOULD BE A PERMANENT STICKY!!???????? :good:

Brilliant work, Lou! I recommend that you give up your day job and focus exclusively on reporting for the Barmey Times (or BOC News)! If not that, than maybe Winder and Co. will hire you as OFF's official press agent, although it may be difficult to take OFF seriously once you are through giving it the RAF_Louvert touch.

...the heartwarming story of a man, a damage model, and a dream.

Ha ha! Wunderbar! :lol:

BOC News is a definite sticky! :good:

I say Sticky but I am not in the position to commit Lou to an on going job. I'll take them however/whenever I get them.

I say Sticky but I am not in the position to commit Lou to an on going job. I'll take them however/whenever I get them.

Exactly so!

Dej, that song text of yours is great. And now you even got it changing verses.

How did you do that? Is it an animated GIF?

Only saw this just now. Highly entertaining! I was so proud my partition post was mentioned in 'Other Items' I had to explain to my wife why I was so excited!

It warms me ol' heart to know you folks are enjoying the BOC News. I don't believe it is worthy of a sticky though, but thank you for the high praise. WM, I will send you a PM about those snaps. Wayfarer, you do realize that becoming excited about a mention in our lunatic rag puts you well on the way to becoming a member of the BOC. Perhaps you should jump over to that thread and give us your other qualifications. :grin: