I've been playing SF2 recently, but I found some problems with the HUD:

1st: The designator is out of HUD and is above the controls ... Does this can be fixed?

img00005x.jpg

2nd: The representation of the HUD out of the screen.

img00007gi.jpg

3rd: target tracking does not work:

img00006pz.jpg

In LOMAC, if you have a contact locked with radar (ie you get the square on target) if maneuvering, the plane go out of your HUD, the square does not disappear (in the picture above you can see that in SF2 it dissapears). In LOMAC, and I guess in reality, the square is the side on which the plane is gone,and it moves following the plane. For example:

-I see the airplane HUD.

-The airplane is out of my range of vision on my right: the square is moved and gives the right.

-The plane moves (out of my range of vision) upwards: the square moves up an stay in HUD.

Of course. If the enemy aircraft is out of space that the radar tracks, the box disappears.

I hope I explained well, but this failure of SF 2 is pretty big.

This problem is game immanent. Had been already in the first generation.

SF is, as TK said, rather a game than a simulation.

LOMAC is much more realistic, but SF is much more fun. :drinks:

The target designator outside the HUD you can solve. You must go to options screena and set "HUD display" and "visual targeting" from normal to hard

Edited by Gepard

The gunsight/designator showing outside the HUD glass and onto the panel cannot be solved by changing options. That problem appeared with the september 2008 patch for SF1 and went on with the SF2 series.

For me that's THE BIG FLAW.

At that time I read somewhere that it was NOT a "bug" but was intended for people using the "no cockpit " view ( Who flies without cockpit ???) and that TK did not want to change it.

Pictures I posted on a french forum in Sept. 2008.

Before and after the Sept08 patch.

post-21367-0-83758800-1310219083.jpgpost-21367-0-36387900-1310219117.jpg

more of a design decision than a problem, really. I think TK could change this in a weekend if he would like to. Best would be to have both current and more realistic approach, switchable via options

more of a design decision than a problem, really. I think TK could change this in a weekend if he would like to. Best would be to have both current and more realistic approach, switchable via options

I hope TK likes to spend his weekends not working! :grin:

Critiquing the game on this site accomplishes absolutely nothing, as TK doesn't reply to topics or posts here. If you're looking to get something fixed, post your gripes on Third Wire's site. If enough of TK's customer's did that, he'd more than likely take action to remedy the situation.