Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

2nd Lt Odin Sausage

First flight in a new 1915 campaign, a balloon busting mission. One wingman is clipped by flak, falling to rear, he's alive but in trouble. Poor old whatshisname, good luck and Godspeed. (Hey, come on, its a new campaign and we haven't been introduced yet). On to the target men! A second brave wingman (or it might have been flak, I was too busy trying to line up the gun to see what happened) downs the target balloon before Lt Sausage has even fired a shot. "I say", says Sausage, "lets bag another before we go home. Lets do it for Whatsisname!".

Lt Sausage spies another balloon less than a mile away, speeds away and quickly brings it down in flames. A kill! A kill! When suddenly BANG! and Sausage is spiralling down in flames. Hit by flak himself. There's no going home today for 2nd Lt Sausage. A brilliant career, spent in an instant as the ground rushes towards him through the flames.

But wait! Somehow, Sausage survives! He's alive!! But taken prisoner.

But wait! Somehow, Sausage escapes! He's free!! And back with his unit and filing his balloon claim after 20 days in captivity.

Good old 2nd Lt Sausage. He's a bally hero already and he's only flown 1 mission. Why, oh why, did I call him Odin Sausage instead of something cool?

Still, I don't fancy his chances of surviving the war though..... He's used up his luck already.

Down in flames, and survived? In Germany we'd call him Leutnant Bratwurst!

Mmuahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

A Sausage can survive a frying pan! Make the best of him - now you cannot change the name anymore.

I wish you luck, Flyby!

So your sausage got smoked, but his fat was pulled out of the fire?:grin:

...now you cannot change the name anymore....

Not the case. Open your pilot dossier and anywhere you see his name (near the top and again, twice, near the middle) substitute the new one and enjoy your new career. Or rather, your old career with a new name. :good:

I know that, von Baur. What I meant, is that after this baptism of fire - and getting almost

fried carrying that name - he cannot change the name anymore. It's connected to the

fate of this guy.

Still, I don't fancy his chances of surviving the war though..... He's used up his luck already.

I'm not so sure Flyby, maybe he just the fortunate type. Though tempting fate is seldom a good idea, so maybe he should fly a few cook's tours of his AO for a while.

Luck is a very capricious lady, I find.

She portions her gifts in pretty differing doses.

Men like Manfred von Richthofen or Arthur Gould Lee surely had more than 9 lives to waste.

I have lost count, but I had counted 7 occasions in Lee's book, where others would have been dead.

In MvR's case these are even more countless; and that bullet, that killed him finally, was more than overdue.