Hi,

I have a great problem. I don't have the F-104G to fly since the June2011 patch. It is in the Object\Aircraft directory but I can't see it in the Game as example in the 'Single Mission'. What' wrong?

In the Object\Aircraft directory is a folder named 'F-104G' in this folder is the F-104G.ini file and a folder named 'RNLAFSilver1'.

Regards

Erol

In the stock game it's not a flyable aircraft and therefore wasn't flyable before you patched to June 2011.

Unless, of course, you had a flyable 'mod' and therefore the June 2011 patch overwrote your flyable F-104G.

when patching ANY of the 3W game -since Day 1 with SFP1-, any and all AI aicraft that had been made user-flyable (that means EVERYTHING you modified) is overwritten by the patch exe. All the Migs, SUs, Zippers, what-have you.

This has been covered over and over and over .... and here's the simplest solution:

after adding the necessary lines to the main aircraft ini, and having the various cockpit, avionics, and cockpit folder IN the aircraft folder... (in this example, we'll use the MiG-21F-13)

This is the stock MiG-21F.ini:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C"

AircraftShortName=MiG-21

AircraftDataFile=MiG-21F_data.ini

LoadoutFile=MiG-21F_loadout.ini

UserList=MiG-21F_UserList.ini

after adding the apropriate llines:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C"

AircraftShortName=MiG-21

AircraftDataFile=MiG-21F_data.ini

LoadoutFile=MiG-21F_loadout.ini

UserList=MiG-21F_UserList.ini

CockpitDataFile=Cabina_MiG-21F.INI

HangarScreen=

LoadingScreen=

LoadoutImage=Imagen00_MiG-21MF.bmp

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=MiG-21F-13_AVIONICS.INI

Save the ini. Then ... and this is the smart part... do a "Save As..." xMig-21F.ini. In the screenie below,you'll see what the folder looks like (ignore the Cuban FAR skin folder; you prolly ain't got it)

This is also covered in our ever handy, ever ignored SF2 Knowledge Base in this thread:

http://combatace.com/topic/55746-patching-made-easy-part-deux/

in the case of the Zippers (CF & F) did you follow these instructions:

http://combatace.com/topic/57393-flyable-f-104s-for-sf2/

If you don't have the actual /cockpit folder and all the necessry bits, it's not going to show up.

wrench

kevin stein

In the stock game it's not a flyable aircraft and therefore wasn't flyable before you patched to June 2011.

Unless, of course, you had a flyable 'mod' and therefore the June 2011 patch overwrote your flyable F-104G.

@Spinners:

Thx for the info. This was NEW for me. It helps very :-)

Regards

Erol

Thx Kevin,

it's perfect!!! This is absolute a perfect guide for. My Starfighter fly like a manned rocket :notworthy: Master of the Aircrafts :notworthy:

Regards

Erol

:good:

what I forgot to mention, is that after patching -or even adding the DLC aircraft which also causes an ini overwirte- you just open the x***.ini, and Save As... the regular name, allowing the overwrites. Saves buttloads of time, i'm here to tell!!! (just had to go through it all over again when I added the DLC birds)

Oh no,

now i've another problem...

I want to fly a single mission with AIM-9 Sidewinders on the wingtips and fuselage station and hvar rockets

on the wing stations. But the damn fueltanks are showing on the wingtips and wing stations too. The fuselage

station shows the Sidewinders correctly but on the wingtips you can see the tips of the Sidewinderfins, it looks

like a fueltank with 4 additional fins and on the wing stations you can only see the fueltanks...

What make I wrong?

Regards

Erol

Edited by redcorsair

IF you have an old one, rename the data ini in you F-104G folder, and see what happens. Just trust me, and try it.

Also, rename the loadout ini, so the game will 'look for it' in the object cats.

let us know what you see (I already know it'll fix it)

there was a glitch caused by the last round of patching on older, previously extracted Zipper data inis. this is the fix.

alternatively, delete the existing ones and the extract fresh ones from whichever ObjectData***.cat (disremember right off the top of my head which one). In case youve activated the canopy or someting.

OK Kevin,

here are the results:

with the 'normal' _DATA.ini

post-32860-0-26346600-1310381085.jpg

post-32860-0-41170300-1310381101.jpg

Edited by redcorsair

@Kevin:

I can'T believe it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

YOU are :notworthy:THE MASTER of the Masters :notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you very, very much.

Regards

Erol

HEEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After i make the Jul11 Patch my F-104G, that fly so wonderfull before, is no more on the aircraft select list.

I have make a backup of the working f-104G folder and after I cannot see the F-104G anymore I put it after the patching

back but it is not working. Spending hours i cannot find an error....

I give up, have no more ideas.... :dntknw:

Can please, please, please anyone help me????? PLEASE...

Regards

Erol

Re-read the very first paragraph in my big post above.

when patching ANY of the 3W game -since Day 1 with SFP1-, any and all AI aicraft that had been made user-flyable (that means EVERYTHING you modified) is overwritten by the patch exe. All the Migs, SUs, Zippers, what-have you.

Thanks Kevin,

I am so blind to see it.

I was to be intend upon the problem that I have not see the real mistake and searching hour by hour and find nothing...:scratch::oops:

Sorry...

Thanks again Kevin

Regards

Erol

me thinks it time to announce once again how to patch ones install's so stuff don't go fubar bigtime Mr. Wrench. personally i rename my mod folders with a x, delete out anythin that stayed stock(namely my isreali and USN aircraft) then after comparing newly patched Phantoms to MY Phantoms, i add it all back in. but i think you put all this out in the Knowledge Base before..... :cool: