Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Strange happenings at the Lake!

I arrived at the Lake this morning..at 4:30am...the sun was up, and it was a beautiful dawn too....lots of BIG Carp swirling around!..YES! I thought.

I placed all my Tackle on the park bench (this is a city Lake, under the shadow of St James's Park (Newcastle Utd Football club for the uninterested amongst you)....

I had my back to the water, setting up rod number one...when a Childs voice from directly behind me said "Hello...caught anything?"....."No mate, I have only just got here" I replied, as I bit off a bit of excess line from the hook.

I turned round to acknowledge him...and there was absolutely no-one there!...the path led away about 50 yds in both directions...not a sign of him!.....talk about creeped out!..... I dunno if I imagined it or not, but I can't have..it was enough to make me reply to him after all!

really spooky.... I'm not sure I'm going to feel so chilled out when I go there next! :this:

When you say that "you placed all of your tackle on the park bench", I hope you meant fishing tackle.

When you say that "you placed all of your tackle on the park bench", I hope you meant fishing tackle.

OMG...you're not VICE are you? :this:

WM, that's the sort of thing that makes one wonder just how the universe really works. I have had similar experiences over the years, and in fact live a 125-year-old farm house that has provided more than just a few such experiences. There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy.

It certainly does Lou...I'm certainly not the sort to get spooked by unusual happenings (Most of the time)...but this was quiet a shock

Creepy, though I'm not sure which one is more creepier, the voice or the "tackle". :grin:

The sun was up at 0430? Interesting the differences caused by our tilted axis.

The sun was up at 0430? Interesting the differences caused by our tilted axis.

It doesn't even set here, for a while still. :cool:

OMG...you're not VICE are you? :this:

I will not have any those shenanigans in the presence of Sir Bobby young man! :grin::bye:

Most logical answer........talking fish, You plaiced your tackle on the tench after all.:grin:

I can see this being added to the next BOC Newsletter, it's descent into tabloid-ism is imminent. :blink:

I wonder if the word "tackle" will be mentioned in the TIBOCN article? :grin:

Sorry that we are ruining your thread, Widowmaker. Here, have a virtual beer as a consolation. :drinks:

I close my eyes and concentrate on the lake.

I can see the lake... with my inner eyes I can see the lake clearly now!

There is an island in the middle, with bushes and trees on it.

To the north I see an old building - the rest is trees all around the lake.

Between the trees and the water I see a walkway all around the lake.

It's not gravel or sand - it looks like concrete, or tarred.

Now it vanishes...

Edited by Olham

youve just described it perfectly Olham!...Google i suppose? :good:

I close my eyes and concentrate on the lake.

I can see the lake... with my inner eyes I can see the lake clearly now!

There is an island in the middle, with bushes and trees on it.

To the north I see an old building - the rest is trees all around the lake.

Between the trees and the water I see a walkway all around the lake.

It's not gravel or sand - it looks like concrete, or tarred.

Now it vanishes...

All very well but those mushrooms are NOT edible, Olham.

Must admit there are certain times of the day when the human mind is very easy to trick at 4:30am is a pretty good one or when you are tired stressed etc... had it myself start talking to the bike and then hearing a response quite good when your blitzing through Germany at 150kmh and no other vehicles around but hey thats what I get for talking to myself... anyhew its nice to hear it doesn't just happen to me makes life wonderful when something strange happens with nothing to explain it... :superstition:

Nothing weird or interesting ever happens to me... :sniff: I feel so, left out.

Maybe it was one of the Carp messing with you Widow...trying to throw you off your game. :dntknw:

Or it could have been a paranormal experience as I'm certain the history of your town goes back hundreds, if not thousands of years and history has a way of "leaving its mark" as they say.

youve just described it perfectly Olham!...Google i suppose?

Indeed, old chap. I was wondering if there might have been any hiding place for that kid

and checked the lake in Google Maps. But then I didn't know which bank you had used.

You know, I guess that kid was hiding in a place a grown up might not notice so quick.

As a kid I had fooled some grown ups from below the heavy lid of the canalisation.

We had entered the system from a canal. Those grown ups didn't get it.

Maybe it was one of the Carp messing with you Widow...trying to throw you off your game. :dntknw:

Or it could have been a paranormal experience as I'm certain the history of your town goes back hundreds, if not thousands of years and history has a way of "leaving its mark" as they say.

It certainly left a 'mark' on me Shiloh...And I hope it washes out! :this:

I'd put it down to the mind playing tricks.

Have you never been completely engrossed with doing something, like stuck under the car or something, and the girlfriend has asked if you want a cup of tea? You say yes please, but discover she's looking at you like an alien or something because she asked you 20 minutes ago?

Or you've been distracted while somebody asks you something, but the question doesn't register for a few minutes by which time they've gone? You even watched them leave, but you'll still look to where they were standing ready to answer and be surprised for a millisecond they're not still there.

Or else have you ever been in church or a library and thought you might have said out loud something you were only thinking? You genuinely don't know if actual sound came out your mouth. If you can't be sure you've said something, can you be completely sure you've heard something?

When the focus of your mind is busy or distracted, it can get sloppy with the less important stuff, or quite literally, it play tricks on you.

4.30am? Might be coincidence, but that's typically when your body metabolism is most sluggish. You typically haven't ate for the longest period in your 24 hour cycle and postponed your normal sleep pattern. And if you haven't slept at all, by 4am you're brain still sees nighttime, and is still telling you that it's sleep time. But if you don't sleep, by 6, it starts to recognise morning, and you get a second wind and have a perfectly normal day without feeling tired, especially when you fill up the tank with breakfast. But 4am to 6am you're typically at your lowest ebb. It's not pleasant, but your body can cope for 2 to 3 days without sleep before you start to struggle, but it will always find the 4-6am shift to be the toughest. That's how sleep deprivaton is used during interrogation, it's not just the lack of sleep, but there's no perception of time, day or night, and your body doesn't know where it is in its daily cycle and gets really stressed out about it. Extreme sleep deprivation will actually kill you.

That lad probably walked past and you ignored him until he was out of sight. He probably wandered off in the huff thinking that's the last time I'll say good morning to him! Either that or he wanered off not entirely sure whether he'd actually said out loud what he was thinking.

Of course it might also have been a Carp Protection Ninja hiding in the bushes ready to clobber any East European fisherman not playing by the rules.

Edited by Flyby PC

Thank you Flypc...that's the answer I am going to stick to! :drinks: