Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Jul 2011 patch available!

I'm running an Nvidia as well.

Not sure then...

im running ATI radeon it worked fine when i updated the driver on a clean install without patches!

Hrm... then not sure then what I gotta do, maybe the twenty million effects files I got in the Effects folder is the problem...

Are they all in Unicode?

Do they have the .fx lines in them.

Is there any difference in bit depth etc for the image files you are using?

1. Not all, but tried one and got it working

2. Fixed the burner effect and now I know what to do... Only problem is that the flare effect... Is that added where? data.ini of each aircraft as it seems it's a global, not airframe specific.

3. N/A

post-5735-0-86564400-1310673260.jpg

Edited by EricJ

if you asking about where to find countermeasure effects then navigate to your Effects folder and then search for countermeasure.ini

@ migbuster : what you mean exactly by FX LINE?

Using stock flares a the moment so countermeasure.ini sounds good to me.

@ migbuster : what you mean exactly by FX LINE?

Check your effects ini's - the shader line had to be added after a certain patch:

[AfterburnerMaterialF6]

EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx <-----Added this line

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

IgnoreRenderOrder=FALSE

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE

LightEnabled=FALSE

UseLightLevel=FALSE

D'oh thanks MigBuster :good:

thanks migbuster

Noticed the lack of this line in the July 11 patched Options.ini

UseAdvancedShaders=1

Kind of curious what you all think.

Assume it uses them by default now?

Can you still force DX9?

Can you still force DX9?

Yep, that line is still present.

Okay next issue. Is it just me or do only Soviet nation jets show up as opposition when playing BLUE. On most maps I get Red Air but others when setup the same (Anatolia is a good example, and yes I know how to set that up) even with some Greek jets to shoot down they never show up. Something I'm missing or the code messed up?

Eric, at least in Anatolia, I'm not noticing this.

That terrain has a specific anatolia_nations.ini, which defines Greece as enemy, Turkey as friendly.

But as you know there is a global nations.ini, in which Greece is Friendly. I had tested this and the terrain specific ini has precedence, but perhaps try to change Greece's alignment there and see if that helps.

For me it works perfectly, I don't get any other nation flying other than the 2 sides.

Yeah I checked the relevant files and everything is okay, and the appropriate USERLISTs are there too... I'll work on it when I can, thanks.

Hmmmm my game doesnt even work after the udpate... i get into a the menu fine soon as i load up any mission or instant action game turns black screen and a windows error says close program..

Pardon for the double posting...

I did a complete reinstallation and started adding mods one after the other. the game ran perfect after the clean installing and update. i then added the ATI HDR Mod 1.03 and changed to ForceDX9=TRUE, it was tickets for me the game crashed again soon as i went into any mission type..

So i removed the ATI HDR Mod and went back into the game and the game started running at 15FPS i was stumped! So going into the ini file and change ForceDX9=FALSE the game started running perfect again.. with all the other mods which is strange but just incase some1 runs into a this problem they will know whats the factor.. for those running HD DX11 cards..

When you force DX9, you are most likely also disabling support for multi-threading.

Guys, I also realized that the ATI HDR mod doesn't work anymore after I upgraded my SF2I from the May 2011 patch to June 2011. I would really prefer to use HDR as I get an FPS boost of almost double the amount compare to non-HDR. Without it, my game just lags.. Any ideas on this anyone?

Guys, I also realized that the ATI HDR mod doesn't work anymore after I upgraded my SF2I from the May 2011 patch to June 2011. I would really prefer to use HDR as I get an FPS boost of almost double the amount compare to non-HDR. Without it, my game just lags.. Any ideas on this anyone?

Did you make options.ini to force dx9? Also my HDR Mod is for pre-DX10 SF2 versions. TK's DX10 shaders are better than mine and provide better Framerates in newer updates.

Falcon

Did you make options.ini to force dx9? Also my HDR Mod is for pre-DX10 SF2 versions. TK's DX10 shaders are better than mine and provide better Framerates in newer updates.

Falcon

Yup I did that already, changes options.ini under "Saved Game" set ForceDX9=TRUE but the ATI HDR mod wouldn't load when I run the game. Hmm.. I wonder whether the June 2011 patch modifies the graphics engine and settings somehow?

Hello

i work on KI-61 on SF2 and when i test it i see

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

work with the patch

new or it's a dream ?

Christian

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

work with the patch

new or it's a dream ?

Christian

Been there since SF1 - you can open and close it manually to if it can be assigned to an animation key

no, what christian is saying on pre-08/06 use of 'auto speed' canopies in now working again. O8+ scrwed them badly

I swiched all mine a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago to manual animation key.

there should be an updated Tony data ini in the SF2 propheards forum someplace

no, what christian is saying on pre-08/06 use of 'auto speed' canopies in now working again. O8+ scrwed them badly

I swiched all mine a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago to manual animation key.

there should be an updated Tony data ini in the SF2 propheards forum someplace

:good: