Been trying some anti-ship missions and for some reason I can't get the Slava class to shot it's missiles the Udaloy's have no problem does any one have a working data file better then what comes with the download?

BTW looking forward to the Ruskie flattop(s) for a little aircover :this:

The Udaloys presently have "fake", or invisible missiles. If you make them visible, they hover 20 or so meters above the model's centerpoint, irregardless of the stated positioning in the data.ini. As of the present, only one set of launcher axis is assignable per model. :yikes:

It took me all of a few hours to find a solutiuon that allow VLS missile systems to work, as they should. :grin:

Trust me on this, real solutions are in the works :good:

Test mule image:

img00069.JPG

Edited by Fubar512

The Udaloys presently have "fake", or invisible missiles. If you make them visible, they hover 20 or so meters above the model's centerpoint, irregardless of the stated positioning in the data.ini. As of the present, only one set of launcher axis is assignable per model. :yikes:

It took me all of a few hours to find a solutiuon that allow VLS missile systems to work, as they should. :grin:

My solution is a bit more time-consuming, but it's worked well for me since my very first project:

post-33721-0-89585200-1310470905.jpg

(This is with ShowMissile=TRUE and each one elevated slightly so you can see where they are.)

In my experience, the game's single-launcher axis limit is actually a bigger limitation for traditional arm/box launchers than VLS. I found that if you don't assign a pivot node, the game assigns the exact center of the model as a default pivot. (An actual model pivot can help you to visualize how the weapons will be rotated on the model, or to re-position all the missiles at once via max.) From there it's just a matter of locking weapon pitch and yaw, and positioning each round where you want it.

The WeaponSystem is only half the issue, though, since the missile's parameters make or break the VLS. I had trouble getting the Slava to shoot properly when I first downloaded it until I modified the Grumbles it uses. Also, it seems like SF1 and SF2 handle these parameters a little differently when it comes to high-off-boresight shots.

Also, many VLS launchers, including my Tico, have a tendency for missiles to go stupid and explode after going straight up depending on where the target is located.

While doing my Arleigh Burke, though, I found one simple tweak that fixed this problem completely. You'll see it in a week or so. yess.gif

My solution is a bit more time-consuming, but it's worked well for me since my very first project:

DDG-51 missiles.JPG

(This is with ShowMissile=TRUE and each one elevated slightly so you can see where they are.)

In my experience, the game's single-launcher axis limit is actually a bigger limitation for traditional arm/box launchers than VLS. I found that if you don't assign a pivot node, the game assigns the exact center of the model as a default pivot. (An actual model pivot can help you to visualize how the weapons will be rotated on the model, or to re-position all the missiles at once via max.) From there it's just a matter of locking weapon pitch and yaw, and positioning each round where you want it.

Looks pretty, but they still need a rotatable yaw mode to work effectively, WBS, and that in of itself limits one to a single set of axis.

Looks pretty, but they still need a rotatable yaw mode to work effectively, WBS, and that in of itself limits one to a single set of axis.

Yes, but that in turn limits us to a single spot on the ship that has missiles. I know that the game seems kind of finicky about which way the missiles are "facing," even pointing straight up, so allowing them to yaw fully on a single axis probably gets better performance. But if you do so on a ship with more than one launcher, you either have to sacrifice half the missiles or put them all in the same spot, which isn't very realistic.

So, I think it's a trade-off either way. I'm open to both methods, though, and hopefully TK will give us more options for ground objects in some future update.

Yes, but that in turn limits us to a single spot on the ship that has missiles. I know that the game seems kind of finicky about which way the missiles are "facing," even pointing straight up, so allowing them to yaw fully on a single axis probably gets better performance. But if you do so on a ship with more than one launcher, you either have to sacrifice half the missiles or put them all in the same spot, which isn't very realistic.

So, I think it's a trade-off either way. I'm open to both methods, though, and hopefully TK will give us more options for ground objects in some future update.

It's been that way for almost 9 years. In fact, the ability to mount multiple guns on a single ship is a fairly "recent" development (IIRC it was introduced with the '06 patch for the first gen). We've been after TK to allow multiple missile launchers for years, and he hasn't shown any inclination to do so. One can only hope that will change with the introduction of the Tomcat title.

For now, I'd rather have VLS SAMs sharing one viable launcher axis, nesting perfectly under the VLS cells, than having either non-working ones (because they have no yaw axis), or having to resort to "invisible" ones.

Edited by Fubar512

Awesome Fubar, and which A-6 is that??? Razbam?

Yes,

I've redone the FM to SF2 standards, and have upgraded the cockpit and avionics files to match.

Edited by Fubar512

Well i got the Slava loaded with some SA-N-6 missiles but she just won't engage to tell you the truth I just copied and renamed the SA-6's hoping that they would just plug n play I have tried the SA-N-9's that the Udaloy uses but had much the same results as the SA-N-6 she just wont let the birds fly

(edit) I have since changed the SA-6's out for SA-10b's no movment on the engagement factor though....

Cool cant waite to see whats coming

post-2710-0-08467500-1310595166.jpg

Edited by colmack

Well i got the Slava loaded with some SA-N-6 missiles but she just won't engage to tell you the truth I just copied and renamed the SA-6's hoping that they would just plug n play I have tried the SA-N-9's that the Udaloy uses but had much the same results as the SA-N-6 she just wont let the birds fly

Cool cant waite to see whats coming

SA-N-6 missiles should use the same 3D model as the SA-10, and be painted white* The Slava (1164) model lacks any usable local yaw axis to assign the missiles to. Vertically launched missiles in this series need to be able to yaw 360 degrees (as of the last three or four patches). That's why the SA-10 and Nike models are having issues locking on to and tracking targets prior to launch.

The VLS SA-15s in the Udaloy 1155s, and the Kashtan mounted SA-19s on 1155.1s don't have that issue, as they can be assigned yaw and pitch axis (though they cannot coexist in the same model, due to the current single launcher axis per-model limitation).

*Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-300_(missile)#Sea-based_S-300F_.28SA-N-6.29

VLS fixed..... :salute:

Great, can you share your inis please ?

I'm currently testing new NIKE Hercules and Ajax and they work pretty well without cheating much with the INIs. Indeed the most important feature for vertical launched missiles is the high seeker gimble limit. Much better than having a huge seeker field of view that usually transform missiles into hollywood style ones that can follow you even if the overshoot your aircraft.

Here is a couple of screens:

post-16385-0-07839500-1310636275.jpg

post-16385-0-36249000-1310636328.jpg

And the data of the missile:

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=MIM-14C

FullName=MIM-14C Nike Hercules (T45 WH)

ModelName=MIM-14C

Mass=5040.000000

Diameter=0.844000

Length=12.379000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000

AttachmentType=NATO

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=USAF

StartYear=1959

EndYear=1979

Availability=2

BaseQuantity=180

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1962

ExportEndYear=2004

ExportAvailability=2

WeaponDataType=1

RailLaunched=FALSE

RocketPod=FALSE

Retarded=FALSE

FinStabilized=TRUE

SpinStabilized=FALSE

HasGrowl=FALSE

EffectClassName=LargeMissileEffects

ReleaseDelay=25.000000

WarheadType=0

Explosives=500.000000

FusingDistance=25.000000

ClusterBomblets=0

ClusterDispersion=0.000000

GuidanceType=11

Accuracy=90

MaxTurnRate=16.000000

MaxLaunchG=2.000000

LockonChance=90

LaunchReliability=95

ArmingTime=3.400000

SeekerFOV=60.000000

SeekerGimbleLimit=180.000000

SeekerTrackRate=12.000000

SeekerRange=140000.000000

CLmax=14.000000

MinFreq=0.000000

MaxFreq=0.000000

MinLaunchRange=7000.000000

MaxLaunchRange=140000.000000

Duration=220.000000

CounterCountermeasure=50.000000

NoiseRejection=50.000000

CapabilityFlags=0x100000a2

LoftAngle=0.000000

DescentAngle=0.000000

MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000

BoosterStart=0.000000

BoosterDuration=3.400000

BoosterAccel=25.000000

BoosterEffectName=NikeBoosterEffect

BoosterSoundName=MIM-14

BoosterNodeName=boosterPack

BoosterPosition=0.000000,-5.761000,0.000000

SustainerDuration=28.000000

SustainerAccel=3.000000

SustainerEffectName=MissileFireEffect

SustainerSoundName=MIM-14

SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.651000,0.000000

InFlightEffectName=NikeSustainerEffect

InFlightSoundName=MissileEngine

ReleaseAnimationID=1

ReleaseAnimationTime=0.000000

ReleaseAnimationDelay=0.000000

EODisplayFlags=0

CEP=0.000000

I'm currently testing new NIKE Hercules and Ajax and they work pretty well without cheating much with the INIs. Indeed the most important feature for vertical launched missiles is the high seeker gimble limit. Much better than having a huge seeker field of view that usually transform missiles into hollywood style ones that can follow you even if the overshoot your aircraft.

You don't call a 180 degree gimble limit much cheating? :lol: When it comes to tracking, it makes no difference whether the FOV or the Gimble limit is increased to that degree. Also, unless you've imbued models with 100G turn rates, 20 minute sustainer durations, 100% noise rejection, etc., I can attest to the fact (just going by my meager experience in this series) that "Hollywood style" missile performance is pretty much out of the question. :grin:

Are you hand placing the Nike launchers in their historic locations, with the launch pads oriented as they were in real life, or are you just letting the game engine seed them around, in a Warsaw Pact-style arrangement (6 launchers arrayed around a single radar)?

Edited by Fubar512

You don't call a 180 degree gimble limit much cheating? :lol: When it comes to tracking, it makes no difference whether the FOV or the Gimble limit is increased to that degree. Also, unless you've imbued models with 100G turn rates, 20 minute sustainer durations, 100% noise rejection, etc., I can attest to the fact (just going by my meager experience in this series) that "Hollywood style" missile performance is pretty much out of the question. :grin:

Are you hand placing the Nike launchers in their historic locations, with the launch pads oriented as they were in real life, or are you just letting the game engine seed them around, in a Warsaw Pact-style arrangement (6 launchers arrayed around a single radar)?

AHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Well in the complete form is planned to be a complete base "european style" with all the needed structures. At the moment is much worse than you think. Those Erikgen launchers are placed as static AAA with all the necessary and invisible radars to let the system work.

But, since a NIKE base is very complex I'm still considering to have it as a single object so it could be placed in the needed spots with a single target. Or is it possible to build it like an airport and place it the way?

AHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Well in the complete form is planned to be a complete base "european style" with all the needed structures. At the moment is much worse than you think. Those Erikgen launchers are placed as static AAA with all the necessary and invisible radars to let the system work.

But, since a NIKE base is very complex I'm still considering to have it as a single object so it could be placed in the needed spots with a single target. Or is it possible to build it like an airport and place it the way?

I've been using it that way since day one. Here's my layout for a dual-rail Nike Facility:

img00183.JPG

Edited by Fubar512

They are Russian bug killer's now......

Thnxs WBS

post-2710-0-45069400-1310693382.jpg

Edited by colmack

I've been using it that way since day one. Here's my layout for a dual-rail Nike Facility:

--image--

that looks MORE than a little familiar!! :rofl:

They are Russian bug killer's now......

well I actually had to dial down the SA-N-6 missiles that I'm using now, they were to good