Sign in to follow this  
Stary

TK's poll at Thirdwire page

Mirage F.1... but I won't get my knickers in a knot if it's the iconic Tomcat.

It's all good.

Lack of improvements in the campaign engine, wingmen AI, and in game message displays are the reason I haven't been playing...

New content without any real improvements is getting stale.

my thinking is simple: new title -more revenue (new customers perhaps) than single plane as "expansion pack"

... difficult choice between Tomcat and... EP 3! :heat:

Finally I've voted for EP3 with TK Mirage F1.

Coupi. :bye:

Lack of improvements in the campaign engine, wingmen AI, and in game message displays are the reason I haven't been playing...

Then you need to move on...

:dntknw:have you checked recent patches?

Then you need to move on...

"the reason I haven't been playing"

I have moved on. But its not exactly like there's a replacement for Strike Fighters out there. And certainly not one as moddable.

I don't think its too much to ask at all for a more in-depth campaign engine or the ability to create a mission with triggers so that you can tell a story or make it feel more realistic. And the wingmen AI has always been meh.

:dntknw:have you checked recent patches?

Yeah, I read the patch notes every time the game is updated. Improvements I'm talking about are pretty large. The kind I'd expect TK to release in a new title.

I thought we were going to get a new campaign map code with the F-14 title, something that doesn't use tiles I believe. That'd be nice.

Mirage F.1

or Terrain improvements....

I admit, more realistic GM mode(s) would be nice too. Oh, everything listed in fact :grin:

Not everything new/fixed is in the patch notes. I wish they were but I guess TK likes surprises :grin:

Like the Flight Attack my target stuff, the fade option, and the recently discovered loadout flexibility.. they're all very good improvements..

still I voted for more AI improvement. Since tomcat will eventually be released.. Seems whenever TK goes back to fixing a piece of code, he'll come across another bug or just implement a cool new feature.

you know its not exactly polite to discuss who/what you voted for.

Confidential, Baby!!! :grin:

I think the Tomcat game will be finished anyway with whole (i hope) new stuff. Then I could wait for improved terrain within. So I voted: finish Exp 3 (Mirage F.1) for now. :cool:

But its not exactly like there's a replacement for Strike Fighters out there. And certainly not one as moddable.

Exactly.

Embrace and enjoy.

Not everything new/fixed is in the patch notes. I wish they were but I guess TK likes surprises :grin:

Like the Flight Attack my target stuff, the fade option, and the recently discovered loadout flexibility.. they're all very good improvements..

still I voted for more AI improvement. Since tomcat will eventually be released.. Seems whenever TK goes back to fixing a piece of code, he'll come across another bug or just implement a cool new feature.

i really like the undocumented features implemented, but sometimes i wonder if he forget them to the patch notes or whatever, feel strange about that (and it occurs in almost in every new patch)

my thinking is simple: new title -more revenue (new customers perhaps) than single plane as "expansion pack"

and a new title always mean a bunch of new features.

Edited by Murphy'S

Well, TK has already added all the remaining Tomcat units to the squadronlist, so he might as well get it ready for release soon.

Well, TK has already added all the remaining Tomcat units to the squadronlist, so he might as well get it ready for release soon.

the remaining Tomcats units?

I voted for terrain. It was a tough choice between that and the Tomcat game.

Better terrain (and perhaps a new cloud.tga) is the one thing for me that keeps the game from being "good enough" out of the box. I have a "mostly stock" install that I've been using more often lately, and adding terrain was the first and only thing I really needed to do (which of course led me on a slippery slope of "OK, just this one more mod..."). If it wasn't for that, I would have left the install stock. I would think that if screen shots of the stock game in reviews and on forums, etc... showed better terrain, more people might buy the game who otherwise would not because modding sounds to complicated. That's just my 2 cents.

Of course, since the new Tomcat game is supposed to have a new terrain engine, maybe it solves both problems. Not sure how it will merge/update with the older titles, though...

the remaining Tomcats units?

TK has redone the squadronlist and it now contains all USN units that have flown the Tomcat, before the patch some units (i.e. the USNR units VF-201/202 and 301/302) weren't included.