How do I install Strike Fighters 2 Patch 1 June 2010, it keeps coming up with Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1 was not found in the specified folder. I have tried to locate the SF2 israel exe but I cant find it when I click on browse!

Help would most appreciated

J

What games do you have exactly? are they merged or separate?

I have all four SF2/SF2 Vietnam/SF2 Europe/SF2 Israel and they are merged.

I have updated with the Mar 10 update.

Cheers

J

Edited by justinlloydsmith

Right so you dont have Expansion pack 1 or Expansion Pack 2 at all?

1. You either have the wrong Patch - you may need the June 2010 patch specifically for installs without Exp Pack 1.

2. err June 2010? - any reason you are still on those old patches?

I have both expansion packs. I cant get expansion pack 1 to work. I ran the Mar 10 israel patch first, then tried expansion pack 1(not june 2010 patch, sorry just looked at my first post!) which came back with Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1 was not found in the specified folder. I have read elsewhere that it is looking for the SF2 israel exe file. But it still wont locate it for some reason. If I try to run the expansion pack before installing the Mar 10 Israel update same thing happens.

Cheers for your help with this migdriver.

J

Without much info to go on it sounds like your install may be porked - but it could be lots of things and I wont be doing any remote Windows troubleshooting today.

1. Suggest you uninstall all the games.

2. Install again in this order I think (You might want to check that at 3rd wires site) SF2,SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2ep1, SF2ep2

When you install merged everything must go into the same folder so set the path as C:\Program Files (x86)\Thirdwire\SF2\ or similar for each install.

Test it works and look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Thirdwire\SF2\ to make sure you have a .exe file for each game - i.e 6 exe files called:

StrikeFighters2 Europe.exe

StrikeFighters2 exp1.exe

StrikeFighters2 exp2.exe

etc

3. Install cumulative patch May 2011 for all SF2 games

4. Install patch June 2011 then patch July 2011

Edited by MigBuster