Sign in to follow this  
Ariell

Geo's Aircraft address

Anyone know the direction of George "Geo" Lekko of www.geos-aircraft.com is to ask permission to use one of their models, it does not appear in the readme files. Sorry for my poor english .Thanks Ariell.-

You wanna have an e-mail adress, right?

There is no e-mail adress at the web side and no one in one of the readmes.

sry....

This is what we been doing, when doing mods on products that do NOT have Freeware permissions:

Leave out the LOD or whichever file(s) are personaly copyrighted. In the readme, you add a statement somewhat like this, from my mod of his -3 Hellcat to the F6F-5:

This is a semi-complete aircraft mod, including all the necessary parts, =excepting= the aircraft LOD, to recreate the standard -5 day fighter-bomber . You =WILL= have to copy the "F6F.LOD" from your original Hellcat's folder to this one. It's highly reccomened you have the original, plus any weapons it adds, in you PTO install.

The cockpit is also NOT included, but a new gunsight and cockpit ini is, so you'll need to copy over the -3's cockpit as well. See 'Installation" below...

I've included Geo' original readme, please give it a look over. Remember: you MUST have the original F6F-3 Hellcat available at his site:

Geo's Aircraft:

http://www.geos-aircraft.com/SFAircraft.htm

Basically, you put the onus on the End User ™ to go and get the non-permissioned parts needed, and tell them where to get them.

This eliminates any and all possibilities of pissing someone off. And is the smart and honorable thing to do. Also, don't forget to list Geo in the Credits section

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench Thanks for your reply. My idea is to raise an AT-6 Texan repainted with the F8F bearcat cockpit changed for me, for this reason I considered just and honorable ask permission from the author. But if you tell me that name in the credits so will, of course, is right. In addition to the address to download the original cockpit. Rinse the file is not modified LOD file, is only the disappearance of some meshes editing the cocpkpit ini, to give more realism inside the building on the model plane. So Thank you for your prompt response to this question.

Thanks Ariell.-

Soulfreak Exactly that was my idea but can not find an email address, anywhere in the readme file. Thanks for responding.

Ariell.-