Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

NATO Fighters Series....

i am curious what the latest if anything is up with the NF series. i know that the may patch brought signifigant enough changes that a new patch will have to be released for it. my question is not how long(two weeks duh :grin: ) but what has to be done get it back up? also are the any prospects for an NF5? esp say a Northern or Southern Flank actions that could legitimately bring in other nations (Greece, Turkey, USN and USMC) with out much elaboration or cover story( see they were there for TLP and.....) i know ther are many other projects in the works out there but at least for the current NF4+ we(ok at least me) are curious what remains to be done.

also are the any prospects for an NF5?

I'm very interested in working on an NF5 when the game makes its next evolutionary leap forward. TK is always reserved when he talks about his future plans, and his latest posts don't give much insight into what the future holds.

Sooner or later (probably later :grin: ) I will get around to finishing my North Cape Terrain and releasing it for SF2. It covers everything from the northern and eastern Norway down to St Petersburg, taking in the whole of Finland and a big chunk of Sweden, as well as the Kola peninsula and northern mainland Russia as far east as Arkangelsk.

That territory ought to be perfect for northern flanking actions as the Soviets drive a corridor to the North Atlantic to shut down the vital supply lines to the USA.

It would be great if that could be used for an add-on to NF series. . .

I'd better get to work finishing the targetisation :blink:

@ C5 thats understandable. glad to hear your thinking about the future of the franchise, your contributions to it rock!

@ Baltika i have NorthCape on my SF2 install. its very good tho it does need reworked watertiles and possibly an expansion of its borders to better allow for those scenarios. as is i cannot load ships in the mission editor.

Given the tone of recent TK's posts next NF might aswell be made for smarthphones... Yes, I'm ranting slightly -but why on earth does he give us poll what we would like to see and TW should concentrate on next, just to give us that good old worn no funds/not in this century/not what majyority wants answers in replies.

With next NF installment in question, I'd wait for Tomcat to see what's the Thirdwire's future looks like. And yes, Tomcat will be the answer.

By the time he gets to some of these releases, our smartphones may be powerful enough to run SFP1!

that's my point, just put differently JM

we really need a patch from TK that should solve the current problems or at least a patch which add more features to SF2 such as a radar that simulate the reality or better targeting system or TVC support.

Given the tone of recent TK's posts next NF might aswell be made for smarthphones... Yes, I'm ranting slightly -but why on earth does he give us poll what we would like to see and TW should concentrate on next, just to give us that good old worn no funds/not in this century/not what majyority wants answers in replies.

With next NF installment in question, I'd wait for Tomcat to see what's the Thirdwire's future looks like. And yes, Tomcat will be the answer.

Ha - Well I was surprised to see people mentioning SF3, considering SF1 was about 2002 and SF2 was 2009, but I suppose one driver for SF2 was the changes in Vista and Win 7, so Windows 8 might be case for more change.

I suppose the smartphone/tablet thing is one way to go - but surely that market is already saturated with arcade games and other things you can do on tiny PCs. I use a lot of Apps on my iPhone every day but no games - one reason being the battery runs down so quickly - we need a major battery breakthrough!

SF would have to be a limited arcade game - that would need "Marketing" to sell - and it certainly would not provide any sense of immersion for the current series buyers who would still have PCs or their descendants.

If he went this route consoles should be a target - but then he is up against Ace Combat 27 etc and they might release that on smartphones soon (if it isnt already)

we really need a patch from TK that should solve the current problems or at least a patch which add more features to SF2 such as a radar that simulate the reality or better targeting system or TVC support.

Every patch has added things - with the first Generation Games we always got lots of things for free but with SF2 he has had to change the business model and stop giving so much away - and thats fair enough.

The changes above I expect you would only see in a new game or expansion pack.

Any improvements in free patches will only be in the scope of the game the patch is for - and minor at best.

all good points gents, however.....

the original question was about NF4+ post may/jun/jul patch!!!

at a barest minimum i know that the fading issue probably needs to be addressed in mod, as well as the stock squadronlist.ini thatis now longer than the one provided for the last patch of NF4+. what else is needed to do to bring this mod back online to current patched standards?

Oh, sorry for hijacking, wasn't my intention Daddy!

I have it running more or less without noticeable problems, albeit I have to check more deeply for issues. The fading is end-user matter I guess, by default it would be on I presume -I don't so much like mods that incorporate own options.ini files, and if they do, I do not use them

Oh, sorry for hijacking, wasn't my intention Daddy!

I have it running more or less without noticeable problems, albeit I have to check more deeply for issues. The fading is end-user matter I guess, by default it would be on I presume -I don't so much like mods that incorporate own options.ini files, and if they do, I do not use them

no worries was just trying to get it back on track! as for the fading i know the solution to it, though i think your latest enhanced tileset would kickass in it in either fashion.

eburger thank you for the squadron list. i sent ya a pm with a few questions on it.

as for future speculation i was pointing out that so far the franchise is concentrated on Central Europe. since i dont think it would have been a red storm rising type war why not use antonlia or north cape for other fronts of the war.

finally tho this is a more joking suggestion, there is a NATO skin available for the E-3 now, might hafta put NATO as a nation and add the E-3 Component out of Geilkirchen :grin:

very true. however will it only be iceland or will greenland and the northern UK also be there? tho it would be nice for a red storm rising scenario, would be a pain for where to base red air if it was iceland only.