still messing with bumps...I prefer my aggressor pilot...other ones visor seems to penetrate the canopyglass...

nice a\c tho cadete...

post-1981-0-04202400-1385764800_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-71421900-1385764839_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-62340500-1385764845_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

still messing with bumps...I prefer my aggressor pilot...other ones visor seems to penetrate the canopyglass...

nice a\c tho cadete...

Thanks a lot, bump was something i never understood well (as you can see :biggrin:). Can you upload your updated files here? this way the community will have the chance to use it as well 

Edited by Heberth

will do...will make a few different settings for people to choose..

nice model btw......chucking her about a bit...

post-1981-0-44061200-1385770725_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-06322800-1385770732_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-11942500-1385770782_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-94099600-1385770788_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-09612100-1385770794_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

Here is 3 levels of bumpmap bmps..

in pic I used 2xnormalbumps bmp`s in pics here

I have supplied 3 choices 1x 2x and 3x so all peeps have to do is copy these 4 bmps into F22A root folder and overwrite...copy dont move so you dont lose them..and choose what level of bumpmapping you prefer

also supplied my agg pilot...add ......>Pilot_aggressor< to pilot section of data.ini..

post-1981-0-44777000-1385788712_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-86339500-1385788728_thumb.jpg

F22ANormalmaps.7z

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

Very good model my friend! Thank you so much sad you have no time for modding!

Look what happen to your beautifull Rafale project

• Like 1

A lot of you have probably seen the screenies I posted in the Iran/Iraq war thread, but basically I had a free weekend and access to both the TMF F-5E max source file and Fast Cargos F-5F max source file. So I merged the two because the TMF F-5E is a bit dated at places and has some shadow problems et cetera, to create a higher poly F-5E. So far so good, then I thought I'd give the cockpit a quick brush-over, but soon got into trouble because I found FastCargos T-38A cockpit source in the modders repository. This is a very detailed and well made cockpit and made a excellent base for the "new" F-5E cockpit.

I am now wondering if anyone else would like to help me with this bird, since I really do not want this to languish on my HDD together with the A-37B and MiG-25PD. The old TMF F-5E has been out for ages and I think this could be a welcome upgrade until we get a dedicated "new-built" version.

Sophocles F-5A looks extremely promising but he is taking his time and aiming for perfection, my idea is that this could be a little less perfectionist in order to get it "out there" faster, perhaps even with public beta versions.

Features so far:

Higher detail exterior model

Higher detail interior complete with new gunisight and radar

New avionics features (radar lights, gunsight depression counter)

(Partly) new 2048x2048 templates

Still needed before release:

Fix landing gear animations + detail landing gear

preferably new pylons / more detail

Fix up cockpit stuff

newtiger7.jpg

newtiger8.jpg

• Like 4

you had the T-38 pit textures or made you own? :blink:

I used the basic materials/textures from my Mirage F.1 cockpit and baked new AO maps. I've added some color here and there so far, and most of the gauges are stock 3W from SF2. The weapon panel to the left is new by me, easy to do since I found the F-5E manual online. Gunsight and radar textures are new too, but both are made following the same easy formula.

thanks, looks very very good, bot external and internal

Hello Centurion,

I hope you could finish your project!

The TMF F-5E was the first mod I play...

Best regards,

Coupi.

I really intend to release this one, if I get stuck it will be released "as-is" for anyone to use or continue modding.

I updated the cockpit some today, ignore radar range light alpha problem and non-working mirrors :biggrin:

Also, question time:

What are the type of avionics features in the cockpit you like the most?

newtiger9.jpg

• Like 9

Thx for the likes guys, btw does anyone have any good close-ups of the F-5E pylons? 

3d work out of the day: nose bump maps, new guns, front landing gear tweaks, cockpit fixes...

newtiger10.jpg

newtiger11.jpg

• Like 4

What are the type of avionics features in the cockpit you like the most?

The most realistic, but I don't know which one it is !

Anyway, thank you for improving this plane !

Edited by jeanba

Superb work, the more F-5s the merrier :-)

Thanks Carlo for the refs!

I spent some time today touching up the main landing gear and making some rounder pylons, still WIP those..

I have decided to set a December 24th deadline for this project, so what is done by then will be released and what's not might come later. But anyways, since the templates are not the same I am afraid there is going to be new skins needed, as you can see I have the IRIAF done, but what other skins would you like to have initially? Which ones do you need the most for campaigns/installs?

newtiger12.jpg

newtiger13.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Carlo, that will come in handy too!

From Wikipedias list of F-5 Operators

Austria

Austrian Air Force: On loan from Switzerland – all aircraft returned and replaced by Eurofighters

Bahrain

Bahrain Air Force received eight F-5Es and two F-5Fs in between 1985 and 1987.[95]

Brazil

Brazilian Air Force operates 51 F-5EM and six F-5FM; to be withdrawn gradually between 2017 and 2030.[98][99]

Chile

Chilean Air Force: Chile purchased 15 F-5Es and 3 F-5Fs in the 1970s, these being upgraded to Tiger III standard from 1993. A story about the purchase of Honduran F-5E/F for the Chilean Air Force is frequently cited but has proven to be baseless since the Honduran Air Force still operates this type. [100] 16 F-5Es were replaced in 2009 by 16 F-16 Fighting Falcon MLU T5.[101] A total of 10 F-5s remain operational as of 2009.[102] In March 2013, the Uruguayan Air Force initiated talks for procuring 12 surplus F-5 Tiger III aircraft from Chile for $80 million.[103]

Ethiopia

Ethiopian Air Force first delivery in 1966 it has operated the A, B and E variants.

Honduras

Honduran Air Force The United States delivered ten F-5E and two F-5Fs starting in 1987 as replacements of Dassault Super Mystére, which were reassigned to air strike as they were in their last years of service. The F-5 were refurbished former United States Air Force aircraft.

Indonesia

Indonesian Air Force: Upgraded in Belgium in the middle to late 1990s. All 16 F-5E/Fs have been retired since late 2005 but are in reserve in case of future use. Will be replaced by ex-USAF F-16 Fighting Falcons.[citation needed]

Iran

Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force: 60 or 75 F-5E and F operational; 140 originally delivered to the Imperial Iranian Air Force.

Unknown numbers of HESA Saeqeh and HESA Azarakhsh fighters derived from the F-5 design

Kenya

Kenya Air Force: In July 2008, it was reported that Kenya will spend 1.5 billion KSh to buy 15 former Jordanian Air Force F-5s, 13 F-5E and two F-5F upgraded with Rockwell Collins avionics[105] (plus training and spare parts).They will be added or eventually replace the current F-5 fleet[106]

Republic of Korea

Republic of Korea Air Force: Received a total of 340 F-5s (88 F-5A, 30 F-5B, 8 RF-5A, 126 F-5E, 20 F-5F, 48 KF-5E, and 20 KF-5F). During the Vietnam War, 36 F-5As and 8 RF-5As were transferred to the Vietnam Air Force in exchange of F-4 Phantom II from the United States Air Force. 5 RF-5As were brought back to Korea before the war ended. The last Freedom Fighter retired in 2005, and 8 F-5As were donated to the Philippines Air Force. The ROKAF plans to replace the U.S. made F-5E/Fs with 60 newly built FA-50 aircrafts.

Mexico

Mexican Air Force received 12 F-5s in 1982.[citation needed] The service currently operates eight F-5Es and two F-5Fs.[107]

Morocco

Royal Moroccan Air Force operates 12 F-5A/Bs upgraded with Tiger II avionics and 24 upgraded F-5 Tiger III.[108]

Malaysia

Royal Malaysian Air Force uses four as trainer aircraft while another eighteen of its Northrop F-5 Tiger IIs were upgraded for reconnaissance purposes, however the operational status for these are grounded.

Saudi Arabia

Royal Saudi Air Force: 110 F-5E/Fs withdrawn from active service aside from in the trainer role, some squadrons such as #10 based in Taif will be replaced with Eurofighter Typhoon.

Singapore

Republic of Singapore Air Force: operates 32 F-5S, 9 F-5T and 8 RF-5S fighters.[24]

South Vietnam

Vietnam Air Force received fleet of 158 former US, Korean, Iranian and Chinese F-5A Freedom Fighters, 10 RF-5A and eight F-5B trainers, USA also provided newer F-5E Tiger IIs, most of F-5s were evacuated to Thailand in 1975, but many were captured by People's Army.

Sudan

Sudanese Air Force: 10 F-5Es and two F-5F were delivered in 1978, One of the F-5Fs was sold to Jordan. further two F-5s defected to Sudan from Ethiopia during the Ogaden crisis.[20]

Switzerland

Swiss Air Force: Operating 42 F-5E and 12 F-5F Tiger II.[110] The Swiss chose the F-5 because it was simpler to maintain than the F-16.[111]

Taiwan (Republic of China)

Republic of China Air Force: Received 115 F-5A and B from 1965, 48 were transferred to South Vietnam before 1975. From 1973 to 1986, Taiwan produced 308 F-5E/Fs under license.[22] Later batches of locally AIDC licensed production of Tiger IIs were fitted with flare/chaff dispensers, plus handling qualities upgrades with enlarged LEX and F-20's shark nose, and radar warning receivers(RWR).[84][112]

Thailand

Royal Thai Air Force: F-5A retired. Now operates F-5B/E/F/T, F-5B/E slated for retirement in 2011–2012, to be replaced by 12-JAS 39 Gripen. The last F-5 fleet, upgraded F-5T Tigris and F-5F will continue to serve to 2015–2020.

Tunisia

Tunisian Air Force : Eight F-5E and four F-5F Tiger II were delivered in 1984–1985. The TAF received five ex-USAF F-5E in 1989. 16 aircrafts still in service.

United States

26th Aggressor Squadron

64th Fighter Weapons Squadron

65th Fighter Weapons Squadron

527th Aggressor Squadron

United States Marine Corps[7]

United States Navy[7]

Venezuela

Vietnam

Vietnam People's Air Force (several captured ex-VNAF aircraft). One F-5E (s/n 73-00867) was transferred to the Soviet Union for evaluation flights, i.e. against the MiG-21bis; 40+ F-5E/F/C were in VNAF's service.[116] After the Vietnam War, Vietnamese forces used the captured F-5 fleet against Chinese forces during Sino-Vietnamese War.

Yemen

Yemen Air Force: North Yemen Air Force's 14 F-5E/F fleet were initially piloted by ROCAF/Taiwan pilots as part of 115th Squadron at Sana‘a, from April 1979 to May 1990, to boost its air defense.

Can you please have a look at the undernose blade antennas. On the stock E-model there should be two, the rearmost the larger one. Apart from that, I am really looking forward to this aircraft :-)

Best

Dag

I'm assuming the decals are painted on the skin; but if so, maybe a pre-revolution IIAF skin? It would go nicely with a Desert terrain scenario :cool:

Yeah definatively will be including one of those, 90% done already  :biggrin:

I am planning on making maximum use of Paulos excellent skin pack for the old F-5 decal wise, they are fully re-usable for this bird only need to lower the y-coords by about 0.2m and change some nodenames. That way we can have more variants quicker, then if someone wants to use the templates to create more detailed skins with painted on decals then they can do that.

I did not have the energy to do anything super serious today, so I decided to make a SEA camo skin, also as a wrap-around. From these we can make for example Mexican and Brazilian AF skins.. OK, I have a soft spot for Latin American aviation, so?  :biggrin: 

EDIT: OH and Dag I will fix the antennas, thx for the tip!

img00109.JPG

img00114.JPG

• Like 6

Some more modern latin lovers Tigers: Mexico and Chile!

An internet cookie for whoever can tell me more about the larger vertical stab on these variants as well as the function of the spine antenna.

img00121.JPG

img00125.JPG

• Like 6