Increased tail area usually improves stability in certain areas of the envelope.

Thx guys, I am putting Paulos skin pack to maximum use now, here are some more variants: Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Brazil. Ignore RWR antennas left on by mistake..

img00132.JPG

img00130.JPG

img00129.JPG

• Like 6

Cockpit work from today and WIP skins (again, thanks to Paulo)

img00154.JPG

img00147.JPG

img00152.JPG

img00146.JPG

• Like 10

Excellent work Centurion!! She looks lovely:)

I need to confess that when I mapped my external model of the F-5a I'd made the mistake of collapsing the meshsmooth modifiers together with uvunwrap .. which meant that I could not revert to the low poly model

without having to re-map the entire thing!

I've since however reverted to a saved copy of the original model which I'm tuning and will eventually re-map so that I can use the lower poly models as lods.

A lot of time wasted; but what to do .. this is my first project and I'm learning along the way!

Getting back to your F-5E, I'd like you to know that my gauge work (or anything else you could use from my F-5a 3d pit) is available to you should you need it.

Regards

PM me If I can help

That's very good news Sophocles! My dream is to eventually just stick the F-5E radar, gunsight and other panels that are diffierent from the F-5A straight into your cockpit, since you have really worked on the details there. Most other things seems to be the same, different gauge layout ofcourse but that is a minor thing to re-arrange and subtle differences in the weapons panel..The only reason i developed this F-5E pit as far as I did was to have a "failsafe" should yours not be avaliable for whatever reason. What is the status of your cockpit currently?

My friend,

the differences are not so subtle .. perhaps you can see for yourself. I'll send you a copy of the pit for you to look over at the weekend. My pit is conplete!!

My friend,

the differences are not so subtle .. perhaps you can see for yourself. I'll send you a copy of the pit for you to look over at the weekend. My pit is conplete!!

:kudos:  :hyper:

Hello guys!

Good and bad news:

The good news is that Sophocles has sent me his F-5A cockpit and has give me permission to use it, so that means we will get a 300% prettier F-5E cockpit as a result!

The bad news is that this will push the release back a wee bit from my planned Christmas special. Hope that did not ruin anybodys christmas  :biggrin:

Anyways,

have a merry Christmas guys!

• Like 3

Just take your time until you feel it is ready. Regardless how much we would like to fly them I think most of us can wait for that 2 weeks.

take your time guys, quality take time.

And Merry Christmas!

Hello,

Is there a way to shorten the gun muzzles on the F-5E, they are way too long?

Best

Dag

Yep will fix that..

First pics of the fruits of Sophocles kind addition (secure your jaw  :blink: )

Still a bunch of stuff to do, would not want to sully this with anything sub-par

newtiger15.jpg

• Like 12

Wow, now that´s really cool.

Looking forward to the (re) new(ed) F-5s

Wow, now that´s really cool.

Looking forward to the (re) new(ed) F-5s

Wow!!! Great... chapeau!  good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif 

Excellent! Most excellent!

I am quite impressed by what you and sophocles have been doing...hard to believe any of my model parts were ever in those screenshots!

I was going to ask, once you have completed this project, I know some folks (including myself) have been dying for proper T-38A / AT-38B cockpits.  If you have the inclination and/or time, I'm sure folks would appreciate it.

And, thanks for putting those MAX files to good use.

FC

• Like 1

I am quite impressed by what you and sophocles have been doing...hard to believe any of my model parts were ever in those screenshots!

I was going to ask, once you have completed this project, I know some folks (including myself) have been dying for proper T-38A / AT-38B cockpits.  If you have the inclination and/or time, I'm sure folks would appreciate it.

And, thanks for putting those MAX files to good use.

FC

Hello FC. Your generosity with your source files helped me greatly with the building of the gauge files in the F-5a! I'm actually currently building the F-5b so who knows?:)

• Like 1

Carlo on the bright side we have ErikGen's older Gina and he has a job :ok:

Maaaybe try asking him about releasing it as it is? Or to pass it to some trusted group like Mirage Factory wizards?