last Wip shot of this year from me enjoy!

happy new year guys

Cocas

New F-104 model? If so it would be nice if the model could also be used as a starting point for a CL-1200 Lancer as well.

its not realy a new F-104 model the thing they tryed to sell to the US navy For F-8 crusader contest!

Lancer humm i will think about it.

Someone said new Starfighter? :biggrin:

post-911-0-96557900-1451642459_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

MCAS Yuma base layout Mk 2.0 is pretty much done (1st pic... click to enlarge), compared to my first attempt back in 2006 (2nd pic)

MCAS Yuma Second Attempt

MCAS Yuma Base Layout

Edited by Jimbib
  • Like 5

WAY,WAY WAY out of my depth here.........I found an old Harrier GR3 max file on an old hard drive [no idea who made the original]......spent days trying to get it looking SOMETHING like a Sea Harrier FAW2 pit.......time to give up I think.

post-841-0-56480700-1451849986_thumb.jpg

It would be a whole lot easier if I could get my hands on the FRS1 pit max file, but again I've no idea who made it.

• Like 6

Please keep at it - even what you've shown so far is so much closer than the curent FRS.1 stand in - that said I could have sworn there was an FA.2 pit in the original release however many years ago, maybe imagining that?

Craig

Well...dunno if its better or worse......never underestimate the talent of our real 3d experts!!!............................................................................then there's the issue of getting things to work as they should..............

post-841-0-19085000-1452201456_thumb.jpg

Those awful warning lights on the right will have to go, then I need to find the offending objects floating around outside the pit.

Edited by Sundowner
  • Like 4

its not realy a new F-104 model the thing they tryed to sell to the US navy For F-8 crusader contest!

Lancer humm i will think about it.

I think I remember this, it was kind of like an F-104 with inlets similar to the XF-104, spoilerons on the wings, and non-detachable fuel-tanks (it acted like an endplate and improved roll-control): I'm not sure if the wings were any bigger or anything of that sort, but I do remember that it had 4 x AAM's which I've never heard before though they looked like the AAM-N-2 (AIM-7A).  I didn't know it was a direct competitor with the F8U-1 (F-8A) though I don't think that would have been such a good idea.

For starters, the F-8 had a tighter turning-circle and, almost certainly, a lower corner velocity (I never flew the F-8 in any remotely realistic flight-sim so I cannot say for sure), though I can say the F-104's corner velocity was around 420 knots as I've talked to two people who flew them.  While I don't know if the early F-104A/C's had flaps that could be deployed for maneuvering purposes, though they later were fitted and allowed a sustained rate of turn of around 7g (not sure if this was with the early J79's or not), but it was respectable and comparable to the F-4's as an interesting note.

Well, here we are......this is not a model built by me, only i found on the net, but was my first attempt to deal with 3ds.....two days ago, i decided to rescue it from my hard disk, and i am very proud to be capable of put it in game (First Plane!!! Ouya! :hyper:) .....as you can see, is a very early model (Ugly shadows..)....it can not landing or take off...(collision points i think)...but my intention is to improve the Mig-21 model (this is a MF, and a very good base for others)....adding other meshes, animations, bump maps, parachute, and other stuff, like tweaking materials.....etc etc....

i´m a profane mounting the inis, but using and tweaking a little the standards i realize that there are things that works fine :ohmy:! even so, are things that blow my mind! 

So i decided, rework the model, well done for easy and quality skinning (my "actual skill"), step by step and without hurries....as i said, its a very early project.....probably, will come the day in which i will ask you for help...

enjoy it guys!

post-61000-0-11390200-1453418936_thumb.jpg

post-61000-0-64821000-1453418948_thumb.jpg

post-61000-0-64779100-1453418983_thumb.jpg

post-61000-0-31827500-1453419014_thumb.jpg

post-61000-0-70663400-1453419033_thumb.jpg

post-61000-0-83322800-1453419054_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

cocas

thanks for the input

No problem

i know the wool idea of naval zipper looks(his) stupid

Actually, the idea is probably not as crazy as one would think.

The following mods (no this isn't a request so much as an amateur assessment :biggrin:), probably would have drastically increased the zipper's low speed performance

• The retention of the non-droppable wing-tip tank works so long as the fuel could be sprayed out rapidly

• The replacement of the flaps and ailerons with a single flaperon of the same surface-area: Straight-wings are highly responsive to the effect of camber changes compared to swept-wings and this would camber up more of the wing for flap use, and produce the necessary roll-rate

• A double-camber leading-edge flap similar to the F-8E(FN) to extract additional lift at low speed and allow slightly higher AoA's to boot

• The addition to a roll-spoiler atop the wing similar to the F8U Crusader to add additional roll when the flaperons are down

• The incorporation of the NF-104A's 212.8 square foot wing: The wing-fold-line would be outside of the flaperons

I would not be surprised if high-speed would take somewhat of a hit unless somebody was to incorporated a souped-up afterburner or used the NF-104A's inlets.

the plane looks very good!

Absolutely...

Edited by Constellation1710

well i dont that much the tecnical part like the flaps ailerons etc its spoilers LE flaps and the usual flaps plus ailerons and airbrakes off course!

about can land cant take off check these mesh names on the data ini unlink and reset the xform on all gear parts and final step make sure the main gears height his symmetrical (Z axis)

that should hope fully solve issues!

Well, here we are......this is not a model built by me, only i found on the net, but was my first attempt to deal with 3ds.....two days ago, i decided to rescue it from my hard disk, and i am very proud to be capable of put it in game (First Plane!!! Ouya! :hyper:) .....as you can see, is a very early model (Ugly shadows..)....it can not landing or take off...(collision points i think)...but my intention is to improve the Mig-21 model (this is a MF, and a very good base for others)....adding other meshes, animations, bump maps, parachute, and other stuff, like tweaking materials.....etc etc....

i´m a profane mounting the inis, but using and tweaking a little the standards i realize that there are things that works fine :ohmy:! even so, are things that blow my mind! 

So i decided, rework the model, well done for easy and quality skinning (my "actual skill"), step by step and without hurries....as i said, its a very early project.....probably, will come the day in which i will ask you for help...

enjoy it guys!

Man that looks pretty cool! :good: 

I guess comrad will like it also. 

seems we got the migs sorted..mig21-bis ..pink bits are new replacements....done new front gear  rear gears are wips...

new engine\afterburner.....skin is temporary.....most bits will be new....wheels for example...still lots to do...

post-1981-0-98074600-1453512282_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-88365100-1453512310_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-86867500-1453512317_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-87166500-1453512326_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-12645800-1453512342_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-61694600-1453512351_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-89889200-1453512358_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 12

img00006_zps2tncmzhr.jpg

img00007_zpsyc5ootng.jpg

img00001_zpsal4db2uh.jpg

img00004_zpsedzdoup6.jpg

just having some decals issues.......working on it........... well asked for help.....

• Like 4

Mission creep on my one and only terrain project, "Return to Dhimar". Only three years behind schedule. At least I can take the car to work now instead of the ATV.....

post-6894-0-74753600-1453748090_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

WIP, Avia S-99 cockpit repaint:

http://combatace.com/gallery/?module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=32039&file=max

For some wierd reason I can no longer upload pictures, since Windows 10

So I have to post a link to my Photo album on combat ace.

When I try to link to the picture in my album, I get this error "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

When I try to upload a picture to the forum, I get this error : Error This upload failed (You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 1GB)

• Like 1

old WIP so as my favourite recent topic title puts it: "graphics very bla" :rofl:

2 weeks

post-8911-0-75467100-1454950394_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Yessssss!!! :yikes: