Hey, new here. WIP MiG21 F13. This model isnt exactly for SF2, however, if anyone wants to use it when I'm finished, that's fine (although I believe there's already a 21F13 mod for it..). 

3f9e2e55900941f19e108a0890ccdaa7.png

I'm having some issues confirming what are airbrakes and what is not.

Near the nose on both sides I think is some sort of maintenance panel (not used as airbrakes), there is also an actual confirmed airbrake near the fin.

Alleged "maintenance panel" (present on both sided of the jet):

49cdb76d940b4332a0c6718c7198bf64.png\

Confirmed airbrake:

cda529e4aa834aebbf9cc53bae38cfdf.png

Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

those front panels are in fact airbrakes check the  web i you will see that!

When the MiG-21 is loaded with external fuel tank, the rear airbrake is blocked, that is why it has those additional airbrakes on the sides. 

• Like 2

When the MiG-21 is loaded with external fuel tank, the rear airbrake is blocked, that is why it has those additional airbrakes on the sides. 

those front panels are in fact airbrakes check the  web i you will see that!

Thank you both! Just one more thing, if the external fuel tank is not present, is the airbrake on the belly used alone, or are all used?

Thanks again for the help :)

When nothing loaded on the belly weapons station, all air brakes were deployed. I am not sure though if it is possible to animate selective deployment of air brakes in SF, related to a weapons station being empty or not.

I know it is possible to activate/deactivate an animation related to the aircraft being in the air or on the ground (this is used to activate braking chute only when the landing gear touches the ground), but that's all.

TW MiG-21s all deploy the belly air brake irrespective of the belly weapons station being empty or not. I am not sure about TMF MiG-21s.

When nothing loaded on the belly weapons station, all air brakes were deployed. I am not sure though if it is possible to animate selective deployment of air brakes in SF, related to a weapons station being empty or not.

I know it is possible to activate/deactivate an animation related to the aircraft being in the air or on the ground (this is used to activate braking chute only when the landing gear touches the ground), but that's all.

TW MiG-21s all deploy the belly air brake irrespective of the belly weapons station being empty or not. I am not sure about TMF MiG-21s.

Thank you, that's all the information I need! The game I plan to mod it for, War Thunder, doesn't have selective air brake deployment either, guessing because most WW2 aircraft didn't have bombs in places that the airbrakes would interfere with, or in bomb bays. I'll keep posting pictures if anyone is interested as progress goes on with this model.

been tad too quiet in WIP thread for a while, dontchathink?

post-8911-0-66618500-1468095012_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Surely, mr. Yakarov79. ^^

Would you like to suggest some specific model?

I will forward you some pics when get back home (two weeks?)

Playin around with Veltro´s Meteor T.7

post-911-0-36176500-1468619722_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Given my efforts into making NA LOD-based format terrain stalled due to lack of dedicated tools/exporters for COL files and know-how's among other things here's my effort at further updating the old proven tfd/hfd format

125 meters heightfield resolution compared to stock 500 meters? Doable and nice looking for sure, Wrench's Korea3 shown:

post-8911-0-78107600-1469230017_thumb.jpg

post-8911-0-69719600-1469230030_thumb.jpg

post-8911-0-85703000-1469230043_thumb.jpg

I disabled the per-tile _HM bitmaps that further add to the detail for these presentations but ofc that can be turned on too; other bigger issue is finding way to update older terrains if need be in some good workflow; using some other source of data than DEM (STRM30? Google Earth Pro?)  for refinements and added detail is the open question, anyway this does work ingame with corresponding tweaks in terrain's _data.ini and flightengine adjustments for higher number of vertices transformed

I have Kamchatka (together with millenia old never released tileset/treemod) in 250m resolution as that map is a bit of TE hack being 1500km across which makes the 125 meters version reaching over the limits of engine :sad:

• Like 14

Kamchatka terrain, the old and the new:

post-8911-0-64699500-1469316669_thumb.jpg

post-8911-0-85699300-1469316659_thumb.jpg

• Like 23

@televen: NOt for now, I fully commited with scandinavian birds right now, but don´t seem to be a big change, If you want you could send me some detailed photos and see what i can do

The 105OE is basicly an SK-60B, won´t be hard to find good references i guess...

Yes.

We called it 'plemnik' in Poland.

What it means?

A cool little bird, shame we cannot make SAR missions on SF. :(

DSC_3828a_zps6dcnipt3.jpg

Together with his bigger brother...

DSC_6806a-1024x576_zps4sf0ryc0.jpg

• Like 2