On 3/20/2019 at 10:29 PM, russouk2004 said:

Try making the pod as last rocket so it drops off ?

Interesting...............with the present setup the pod disappears when the first rocket is fired. Unfortunately, still haven't got the AI to fire a full salvo although sometimes they fire large salvos. Making the pod a fake rocket that just falls away when fired might be worth a try but it would be a different rocket and I'm not sure how the AI decides which rocket to fire first. Maybe use a closer engagement distance for the fake rocket. :dntknw: Might give it a try.

cockpit windscreens! Cargo Door!

if she has a moderate pit you couldnt ask for a whole lot more!

(sorry, been a long day...)

5 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

3.thumb.jpg.b655872775dbb06161a40db13cca1162.jpg

Puff the Magic Dragon Heavy ?

CL

wrong trijet Russouk. Think McDonnel Douglas, not Lockheed (although Tristars would be nice in game too)

meanwhile, about 60 percent done

img01105.thumb.JPG.1da029a79f889bb35a34fcc7d6d618db.JPGimg01106.thumb.JPG.c54542efca4d4bc517184aaba52b171e.JPG

• Like 8

Final testing and packaging has started for an RCAF CF-100 MK-4 Euro version. The plan is to make separate packs for European and North American service. The European Mk-4 pack will have a tight date range from November, 1956, to December, 1962. The Belgian MK-5 will be uploaded later with a historic date range as well.

The North American pack will reflect the longer date range for Canadian MK-4/MK-5 service and may include a dedicated ECM version but that's still getting some research.

The MK-4 flight manual mentions the capability of carrying four 1000lb bombs. This wasn't done in practice but secondary STRIKE and ANTI_SHIP roles will be included with the primary roles being INTERCEPT and CAP.  Air to air rocket tests are continuing and the AI are sometimes completing successful intercept missions against IL-28's but with less success against fighter sized targets. The TU-16 is more or less immune to AI intercepts, although I've seen a few collision course kills by the AI. By collision course I mean ramming! When player flown it might be possible to maneuver the CF-100 formation into a better firing position against the TU-16's prior to "engaging air" but I haven't had any success yet.

The external tanks on the CF-100 were "no jettison" although the fuel could be dumped from them over a 2-3 minute period. The performance penalty when carrying external tanks is quite high so they won't be included in the load out ini except for secondary RECON missions. Recon in this case being the guy in back with a camera. [ It's been done before]

"What If" load outs will be available for radar and infrared guided missiles  but not included in the load out ini.

The rocket pods will be carried on intercept missions only as they are almost totally useless against maneuvering fighters. For cap missions the load out will be guns only.

Still some research going on but It seems the RCAF versions sent to Europe were all MK-4's with some RCAF numbered MK-5's being flown to Europe but handed over to Belgium on arrival.

Any further info on CF-100's in Europe appreciated.

5cb9e149ba8d6_CF-100Mk-4.thumb.jpg.30eadbe517c9a9005af83a7f20cc9e76.jpg

5cb9e177d09c7_CF-100CAP.thumb.jpg.2a95d53aece128dff4c50a9df6ff5b18.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 19/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, baffmeister said:

The external tanks on the CF-100 were "no jettison" although the fuel could be dumped from them over a 2-3 minute period. The performance penalty when carrying external tanks is quite high so they won't be included in the load out ini except for secondary RECON missions. Recon in this case being the guy in back with a camera. [ It's been done before]

Dumped in Real Life or in game?

i would have to say IRL, unless someones been heavily messing with the inis

but if that were the case i think AAR would be instituted before getting rid of fuel in game

13 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

i would have to say IRL, unless someones been heavily messing with the inis

but if that were the case i think AAR would be instituted before getting rid of fuel in game

That's why I ask.

Well guys just wrote another mission of a F-35 hunting down an A-50 Mainstay...

img00079.jpg

img00080.jpg

img00083.jpg

img00085.jpg

Also finding some bugs to quash here with 13 days to go before release...

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, Stratos said:

Dumped in Real Life or in game?

The CF-100 could dump the tip tank fuel in RL. In game the tanks will be "no-jettison" and I don't know of a way to model the fuel dumping process.

I expected that, but one can always belive in miracles lol

2 hours ago, baffmeister said:

The CF-100 could dump the tip tank fuel in RL. In game the tanks will be "no-jettison" and I don't know of a way to model the fuel dumping process.

As a work around you could have the tip tanks be loaded as a non-jettison tank but have the fuel value set as zero. Set up on another hardpoint (but in the same position), have the actual wingtip tanks that carry fuel but these can be jettisoned and have no 3d model (so are invisible). Thus when you hit the jettison drop tanks key the 'invisible' tip tanks with the fuel will be jettisoned but the 3d model of the (empty) tip tanks will remain. You would set the weight and drag values of the 'invisible' to tanks to zero. 

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 2

Actually I have a better idea. Have  invisible tip tanks that can be jettisoned like I said above but make the 3d model of the tip tanks part of the aircraft LOD. Set up the node name of the tip tank as the pylon 'ModelNodeName=' for the weapon station carrying that tip tank. Set up the 'PylonMass=' and PylonDragArea=' vales with the figures for what the tip tank would be. Thus when you hit the jettison drop tanks key the 'invisible' drop tanks with the fuel will be gone but the 3d model of the tip tanks (as the pylon that was holding the 'invisible' drop tanks) will remain on the aircraft. This method doesn't use multiple loadout stations etc

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

Actually I have a better idea. Have  invisible tip tanks that can be jettisoned like I said above but make the 3d model of the tip tanks part of the aircraft LOD. Set up the node name of the tip tank as the pylon 'ModelNodeName=' for the weapon station carrying that tip tank. Set up the 'PylonMass=' and PylonDragArea=' vales with the figures for what the tip tank would be. Thus when you hit the jettison drop tanks key the 'invisible' drop tanks with the fuel will be gone but the 3d model of the tip tanks (as the pylon that was holding the 'invisible' drop tanks) will remain on the aircraft. This method doesn't use multiple loadout stations etc

Excellent work around! The tip tanks were built as part of the model. Will give it a try. :declare:

On 4/19/2019 at 7:58 AM, baffmeister said:

Looks great.  Great fun doing lead collision intercepts on Bulls.  Once you blow through on the initial pass and the full salvo away, trying to get in for guns kill is mostly suicidal.

Edited by Wrench
how many times do we have to say "don't quote posts with images attached???"

On 4/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, dtmdragon said:

This work around works well! The dumping process is instantaneous instead of 2-3 minutes but it's more realistic than having no dumping at all so will include it in the CF-100 packages.

• Like 5

one day I was chasing Q-5...I was already very close, enough to see this...

img00003.thumb.JPG.ec8e873583d7f7a7271892c2b8f94e82.JPG

So  I've made quick repaint. (very very quick). Due to mapping a few things still look aww...

but at least some small improvement.  

I never had a desire to improve more - as it is usually on my radar screen. 

img00001.thumb.JPG.19f0f532a15175ee51d9f10e42262d25.JPG

img00002.thumb.JPG.b3d79cd0880a4b7bce0beeb1efd91387.JPG

here => PLAAF_Silver-Green.rar

if someone wants gimp xcf layers. let me know. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

SEA camouflage Buccaneer in progress

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

When it's complete, I'll upload the following:

• RAAF Blackburn Buccaneer S.22
    • RAF camouflage (standard roundel)
    • RAF camouflage (low visibility roundel)
    • RAF wraparound camouflage
    • RAF late grey
    • Operation Damask camouflage (desert pink)
    • Daytime SEA camouflage (as used by the F-4E)
    • Night SEA camouflage (as used by the F-111C)
    • Gunship Grey
    • Squadron markings for:
      • 1SQN
      • 2SQN
      • 6SQN
  • Generic SEA Buccaneer
    • Daytime SEA camouflage (as used by the F-4)
    • Night SEA camouflage (as used by the F-111)
Edited by Sheriff001
  • Like 8

The skins are all done. Just working on ini edits and loadouts. I am trying to integrate US weapons, and create loadouts for them. I've have had some trouble with the bombay. Ideally, I'd like to set it up to load 2 Mark 83 or 84, and 4 Mark 82 or M117. Unfortunately, I can't seem to do it without allowing the loading of 4 Mark 83, which is too long. 

img00563.JPG

img00568.JPG

img00570.JPG

img00545.JPG

img00546.JPG

img00549.JPG

img00550.JPG

img00560.JPG

• Like 2

On 24/08/2019 at 7:15 AM, Sheriff001 said:

SEA camouflage Buccaneer in progress

Screenshot (2).png

Very well done indeed! 

It'd be interesting to see how the Buccaneer would look in an IIAF "Asia Minor" scheme.

Edited by Piecemeal

Redoing the initial missions to Nihon Hitori and then adding one more - perhaps or not implausible - where the PATRIOT SAMs just magically are jammed at the same time the EC-767 had to land... so of course a couple jets with barn doors for tails can quickly swing around and get close....

img00171.thumb.JPG.66d7f51e37c0ad3539edcf03e30bf2a8.JPG

img00152.thumb.JPG.c99f13284abe92c12e3639f5fbd78800.JPG

The above was your primary runway.   Oh and this isn't all of the mission... you'll also be supporting these guys:

img00114.thumb.JPG.d4e735d23f43c94dd104dcfdbd25d56a.JPG

Stay tuned,....

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 1:04 AM, charlielima said:

Any plans For SEAC roundels on SEA skin ?

image.png.3047106af3f2bf9840c5cbeec086c679.png

CL

Yes, I'll chuck it in with the bonus material when it is ready for release. I'll also do SEAC roundels with RAF green/brown camouflage. 

Weapon testing is pretty much done. Getting US bombs to fit in properly with the Buccaneer's weapons bay is difficult. Here are the combinations I have decided on.

• 4 M117 (including retarded)
  • 4 Mark 82 (including retarded)
  • 4 UK 1000 lb bombs are retained
  • 4 Cluster bombs (British and American)
  • 2 GBU-16 (1000 lb Paveway II)
  • 2 GBU-12 (500 lb Paveway II)

They'll be set in with weight and length limitations. I have found that Mark 84s are too wide for the Buccaneer. The LGBs are fitted on a repurposed nuclear attachment in the DATA.ini. For wing stores, US bombs will go with US racks (which means you ought to download ravenclaw007's weapon packs). TER only, I found that MER won't fit because of a lack of clearance with the flaps and ailerons. 

• Like 1