Some Colorful Clunks inbound soon, for North American installs. I'm going to upload the CF-100 MK-4A first. It had the lower thrust Orenda 9 and is a bit of a cow so will phase it out about a year after the introduction of the MK-4B. I figure they would have upgraded the engines on the 4A's during any heavy maintenance checks.  Skin credits to Frenchie1977!

Somewhere over the Great White North. [the American part]

North.thumb.jpg.7460aed488be0741b88cc50262d05132.jpg

ColourfulClunk1.thumb.jpg.ff8985162bc1bed9bf920711d86b0512.jpg

ColourfulClunk2.thumb.jpg.69b47b08a96ef4c00e94160cbc5fce9e.jpg

• Like 13

What I am after. 

161357 - McDonnell Douglas F/A-18B Hornet - United States - US Navy (USN)

Awfully slowly making progress. Unfortunately my skills are too limited to make a skin, identical to the original.

image.thumb.png.5fb6551c6e3dfeef2e3562b8f412414c.png

image.thumb.png.699309c2763d6522686c72b0568d9620.png

image.thumb.png.92cd392e10232e78d1ffcdc23eb33e40.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Svetlin said:

Awfully slowly making progress. Unfortunately my skills are too limited to make a skin, identical to the original.

lookin good so far.

patience and practice, everyone starts somewhere

1 hour ago, Svetlin said:

What I am after. 

It's turning out pretty good so far. The nose 01 looks a bit too slanted in my opinion but it looks good.

Remade my hangar screen model...if Mue could enable us to add 2 lods...maybe could add your own a\c to it....?...

Hangar.jpg

Hangar.jpg

Hangar.jpg

Hangar.jpg

Hangar.jpg

Hangar.jpg

Hangar2.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

A long time favourite of mine, I know we already have Skippy's old model but I'd like something a little more detailed,.....so........

A loooooooooong way to go........gear animation is driving me nuts..:stars:

Then the pit....

Vixen_1.thumb.jpg.0a1772c41620e64044bf81cad0699d62.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

gear animation is driving me nuts.

join the club lol...some models I have are a mare with gears....post some pics in bit...see what I mean

11 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

people wonder why not two weeks lol   eh

4.jpg

Get in touch with Flogger23, he is also working on new 21s

Modern Syria, just for Civil war there, and foreign powers intervention...

Hmeim Airbase near the coast.

s9wgU3N.jpg

Bekaa valley.

eNm0DBb.jpg

And Syrian desert.

G7HV5Tr.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/26/2019 at 11:13 PM, russouk2004 said:

Remade my hangar screen model...if Mue could enable us to add 2 lods...maybe could add your own a\c to it....?...

Hey Russ, what's the first one? 

Sorta looks like it could be a Hunter follow on/development but not sure I've ever seen it before.

My take on the Hawker P1071 project a\c circa 1948...modified the tail planes as didnt look right to me anyways lol

1017.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

My take on the Hawker P1071 project a\c circa 1948...modified the tail planes as didnt look right to me anyways lol

Think I'm with you on that for the tailplanes.

Over all to me it almost looks like the result of an encounter between a  Hunter and a Lightening at the back of  hangar on a cold miserable winters night :biggrin:

12 hours ago, Stratos said:

Modern Syria, just for Civil war there, and foreign powers intervention...

Very nice @Stratos complete with Su-35.

Be awesome to rage around there in everything from F-15Es to F-16s to F/A-18Es to F-35s...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fallenphoenix1986 said:

Think I'm with you on that for the tailplanes.

Over all to me it almost looks like the result of an encounter between a  Hunter and a Lightening at the back of  hangar on a cold miserable winters night :biggrin:

I agree,you`re not far off the mark...was to be a high altitude fighter and fast...some bumf and specs....some designs looked plain daft...but...most looked cool...I love some of the designs...keep in mind most were still in the 1940`s...amazing foresight.

Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

• Like 6

A few "Somewhere over New Dhimar" screenshots. Thanks to KJakker for resurrecting the thread with Mue's extended fade mod I actually tried it out this time and was really impressed! It adds a lot of visual depth to  terrains and my old rig held up quite well over the coastal desert areas but noticeable frame rate hits when further inland over heavily treed areas. [over 1000 trees/buildings on some tiles] Ended up removing the mod to maintain frame rates during large fur balls but it was worth the look and it might get me computer shopping soon.

The coastal desert area has been getting a major overhaul. All the farm tiles have been changed to orchards and moved into the mountain areas, with one exception. I never found the combination of desert and farm tiles very convincing on the stock terrain so I'm trying to get a drier desert look with some date palm plantations here and there and everything connected by roads. Will also be adding some building clusters along the roads and a few single tile walled towns in the flat areas along the main roads.

Mue views, trees still showing color on the far side of the city:

MueVu1.thumb.jpg.e08f3bf65bce058aad14f57d864f5906.jpg

Over the Kerman Valley, the one desert area with farm/orchard tiles:

MueVu2.thumb.jpg.85fcdeef866e26e0079b56e4e3afb141.jpg

MueVu3.thumb.jpg.79bde649d34347d0d379d5f8f29b2991.jpg

The roads are getting some work but it's been a difficult process. The paved roads will be quite straight in the desert and high plains area but all the rest will have a more winding look. Just have to figure out how to do that!

MueVu4.thumb.jpg.01a94dbc73b79def41ecedef449e8a31.jpg

This has been a long slow project but once I get the coastal desert finished I'm going to work inland and fix all the other areas I'm not happy with while also doing some targeting. Definitely not "2 weeks". Maybe sometime in 2020 for version 1.

• Like 9

Began rebuilding VietnamSEA for late 40-50s French Indochina action. Gonna be months of work...

sample image below is the 'new' Hanoi. retileing an retargeting, especially trying to figure out what areas are Viet Minh controled, will be oh so much fun (not!)

hanoi.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Started to rework Spillone104´s F-104S pack.

F-104S ASA CB already done.

Changed inis (to use stock tanks) adjusted loadout, repainted fake pilot parts, and did a complete new AMI template for the stock F-104G, new specular maps.

Would be nice to have the source files for the fake pilot parts, there is a shadow (tractor beam) issue with the current parts

img00029.jpg

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Something about the 104 that makes this jet so special . I call the 104 And F-5 personal Jets. I have been lucky and had a flight in the back seat of a Canadian 104 In Germany. Almost got sick lol 😂 

Edited by Veltro2k
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Short status update of the 104S rework project:

F-104S CB - done

F-104S ASA CB - done

F-104S CI - done

F-104S ASA CI - to be done

F-104A ASA M - to be done

img00015.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5