Only one with what looks like permission to modify\convert is this....and last time this was updated was 6 yrs ago...so maybe the guys still about so emailed him for consent and to confirm the text means its ok to mod it.

its not bad.considering low poly..

LEGAL:
======
The project is released as freeware.  You may modify it and repaint it. You may upload this file to another website as long as it is not for profit.  
You need the written permission of the original authors to use any of these files for commercial purposes, otherwise a simple credit would be nice. Non commercial repaints-remakes are  welcome but I would appreciate very much receiving a copy of your model.
This file should not cause any problems with your computer, but I accept no responsibility if you think it does.

Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image2.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

see what happens....

email I sent..

hi m8

I currently make freeware models for Strike Fighters2 and lately have been able to use some freeware models to convert for our use (freeware...all models at CombatAce.com MUST be non pirated..which is good.) hence why I am asking for permission to do this...as I noticed you allow it to be remade...in the readme..quoted below......
it will be totally for free use and ONLY at CA site..
hope to hear soon 
cheers 
Russ...
ps...I will not proceed unless confirmed ability to mod it...
quote..
"LEGAL:
======
The project is released as freeware.  You may modify it and repaint it. You may upload this file to another website as long as it is not for profit.  
You need the written permission of the original authors to use any of these files for commercial purposes, otherwise a simple credit would be nice. Non commercial repaints-remakes are  welcome but I would appreciate very much receiving a copy of your model.
This file should not cause any problems with your computer, but I accept no responsibility if you think it does.
  • Thanks 1

Good news...

Scrubby PC

5:26 PM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

good evening Morgan,
Tx for your mail. No problem to convert my Wildcat for CA, strikefighters 2

success,
A.F.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

AND..

all my decal from Pasko's can be salvaged and reused!!

thanks Russ!!:drinks:

Fuselage , cowling ,tail,stabilizers all mapped on two textures (top on one bottom on other,or sides...)  now one texture each side...(top and bottom left on same texture etc)

fuselage was on two maps now on its own.and was rather bad,had to remove a lot of polys and redo some....and then realign mapping etc....

tail was blocky so added few polys to make better...

cowling was same as fuselage,now its one mesh but mapped on same tax as fuse etc...

engines detail was poor so added better detailed mesh...props are temp ..

got worst part done just about...

222.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I know you're gonna fix the wheels!! :biggrin:. Russ, you REALLY are a machine!!!

Are there other skins for this model, and will they be usable (I'm noting the FAA Martlet we're seeing now)

Also, if possible, can I request the outboard gun barrels be seperate meshes, so the 'remove mesh trick' can be used to create the -3 Wildcat (4 guns)

• Like 1

Havent touched wheels etc yet...

guns are all seperate meshes...Ive tried to make all meshes unique where poss...

heres part of the descriptions in the a\c config for fs9 didnt include pic of the madagasgar 881sqd as its above...pics may not be  in order 5 skins in total...not sure if theres a template...will contact the guy and ask...

Martlet IV
description=This aircraft is from 888 Squadron Fleet Air Arm in November 1942, when aircraft from this squadron were based on H.M.S. Formidable during the Operation Torch landings. It is believed that Lt. Denis Jeram was flying this aircraft when he claimed his 5th victory on 6th November 1942.

Martlet II

description=This repaint represents a Martlet Mk. II, AJ132, B-A. of 881 Squadron 
aboard the HMS Illustrious in the Indian Ocean March 1942.  
The Squadron supported the landings on Madagascar and the capture of 
Diego Suarez in May 1942.  They stayed on the island for 2 months 
afterward. 

881 Sqn returned to the UK in early 1943. Part of the squadron was attached to 
Furious 6-9 July 1943 for invasion simulation on Norway. Re-equipped with Wildcat Vs 
in Aug '43 and then embarked on Pursuer.
Took part in the Tirpitz attack in April 1944 before re-equipment with Wildcat VIs. 
Went to Med aboard Pursuer and participated in Operation 'Dragoon' and then 
operations in the Aegean Sea. Returned to operations off Norway switching between 
Pursuer, Trumpeter and Premier.
Rejoined Pursuer in Capetown during March 1945 and was working up on Hellcat IIs in 
preparation to joining BPF when the war ended

description=F4F-4 Wildcat Aircraft "8", VMO-155, USMC, 
USS "Nassau" (CVE16) Battle of Attu, May 1943

description=Martlet Mk.IV, FN148, "9C.0" of No.893
Naval Air Squadron, Qrendi, Malta, 1943.

description= F4F Wildcat USS Ranger  OCT 43. a-Aircraft flying from USS Ranger during Operation Leader, Norway OCT 43

Image8.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image5.jpg

• Like 2

Wondering If someone would be interested in paiting this small plane. Plane is ready just awaiting paint works to be released. Model by AngelP.

Lyzh2LY.jpg

8tvCCCz.jpg

ohQvvnE.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Wilches said:

Will it comes with a dedicated cockpit? Hope so!

not unless someone else makes one....or adapts the ones stary made....pack of ww2 style pits he made.

I`ll check them out for one thats suitable...as I used one for the T34 Mentor...

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

Wheels ok......gears nrly done....wingfold isnt 100% but too much work to make it 100%   atm its about 80%  

lots done a bit to do..

stabs and elevators...cockpit frame and c`pit itself (exteriormodel  btw not VC)

clone wing etc and refit mapping...tail wheel etc...

333.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stratos said:

Wondering If someone would be interested in paiting this small plane. Plane is ready just awaiting paint works to be released. Model by AngelP.

if no one else has offered I'll take a shot at it.

10 minutes ago, Spinners said:

if no one else has offered I'll take a shot at it.

Yours then!

Not usually  a fan of WWII in Thirdwire but I'll definitely be grabbing that Marltet when its done - one of my dad's uncles flew them :drinks:

• Like 2

Painting the Skyshark ain't nothing -- it's overall Dark Gloss Navy Blue. I've had the "Naval Fighters" book on it for some time. Don't forget about the radar

ARe you sure it's ready, model wise? I see a lot of unmapped sections in that Lod Viewer image

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

Painting the Skyshark ain't nothing -- it's overall Dark Gloss Navy Blue. I've had the "Naval Fighters" book on it for some time. Don't forget about the radar

ARe you sure it's ready, model wise? I see a lot of unmapped sections in that Lod Viewer image

I'm not a 3d modeller, I say what AngelP told me. Sorry for not being more useful.

It might be just hasnt got texture in the folder also....check its parts in green and see if they have texture number

Do caralho Denis!

• Thanks 1