lost the original source file when my old HD died, so .....

np.jpg

• Like 14

if you need help with Nimrod uvw mapping/skinning - bet there are few of us willing to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

if you need help with Nimrod uvw mapping/skinning - bet there are few of us willing to help.

much appreciated :drinks:

• Like 2

measure once cut seven times. or measure 7 times and cut 3. or just keep snipping here and there til it matches

5fd185901a3cb_faaherk.thumb.jpg.abba4ce95266a443e5f7b53b13013569.jpg

thats it for tonight, get the other side in the morning

• Like 11

well that was anti climatic

5fd2daf7d41d3_faaherk.thumb.jpg.e447a68b8ef94b4ad50178b0aa37fb0c.jpg

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 3

talking about South American planes

img06840.thumb.JPG.a95c157685a35d19331a3a6bfd47c933.JPG

img06815.thumb.JPG.2bb116093d707e146c359d2debc46cb0.JPG

img06905.JPG

img06914.JPG

img06167.JPG

img06177.JPG

• Like 19

near final product.  need to know what years the yellow stripes were on and they will go in a sub folder (because its me, of course i tga's them)

5fd3aaa42d65a_faaherk.thumb.jpg.9c95110cadf07f3962d7132edf3d338b.jpg

and also looking to find out what the circled patch is. big thanks to torno for helping me with the top two, lucked into bottom right. but that bottom left is eluding me....

5fd3aab0738fe_faapatch.jpg.5a917823674ff78389f7bed145182780.jpg

• Like 7

Really going to be nice having a Falklands Islands (are British) update!

daddyairplanes

The yellow ribbons were used during the conflict in the South Atlantic (Malvinas-Falklands War) 1982 was to distinguish the planes against the enemies, very similar to what their use in WW2 Operation Overlord the aircraft had the ribbons painted black on the wings and tails. With respect to the C-130 you need to change the color of the belly to light blue,  excellent work on the skin:smile:

• Thanks 1

thank you SgtSaunders. most research i had said the colors were the same as the USAF vietnam era colors, with the bottom being FS36622 Camo Gray. r

but i agree, it seemed abit too brown in comparison when i used the hex value for that color. so a light shade of blue over the original color

5fd3dec35d066_faaherk.jpg.f6d8076c279c4b9cd07c0de4c109b3de.jpg

but not replacing the original. it isnt this blue

5fd3dee3c87c3_edaherk.jpg.6b44cff81314827638a4250038315898.jpg

• Like 4

daddyairplanes

Look, I have this skin made by me, it is the faithful copy of the color with its respective patch and decals of the C-130 that flew in Malvinas-Falkland, the only thing that would change is to use your decals using my skin and the model would be excellent. of course if you agree.

If you look closely, the only problem is that the edges of the wings protrude the camo and I can't find a way to paint everything the same color under the wing and this bothers me too much. There I leave a screenshot. Cheers

c-130 malvinas blue#2.jpg

Edited by SgtSaunders
  • Like 2

will send you decals in next day or so, did all serials  (E, H and KC) and just limited them in the textureset.ini for the H

going off the belief you are using Dels tempates, there is a layer towards the top of every template that says frame (as in the mesh frame). i have used it heavily on the wings to get everything lined up and it should help trim what extends under the wings

I was using the Dels templates, the C-130's that the Argentine Air Force bought with a Southeast Asian type paint scheme in the early 70's 3 C-130E models whose numbers are TC-61 to TC-63, then 4 C-130H whose numbering TC-64 to TC-68 and later the 2 only models KC-130H numbering TC-69 and TC-70. I have the textureset.ini of the 2 models H and KC. The E version only changes the color of the decals in black and the belly in gray FS36622 nothing else. If you want I can make version E if you feel like it I would be needing all the decals of the E models are their corresponding number, the same as the H models and finally the KC model.

10 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

casi producto final. Necesito saber en qué años estuvieron las franjas amarillas e irán en una subcarpeta (porque soy yo, por supuesto que son ellas)

5fd3aaa42d65a_faaherk.thumb.jpg.9c95110cadf07f3962d7132edf3d338b.jpg

y también buscando averiguar qué es el parche encerrado en un círculo. muchas gracias a torno por ayudarme con los dos primeros, y tuve suerte en la parte inferior derecha. pero ese fondo a la izquierda me está eludiendo ...

5fd3aab0738fe_faapatch.jpg.5a917823674ff78389f7bed145182780.jpg

in the private message was that shield

img06865.JPG.d3f66a1ad3bf400b22600d7b6154a4a3.JPG

• Like 2

In the photo that describes daddyairplanes that KC-130H has a black patch on the side, it is a Pucara AI-63, that photo was taken at the request of the FAA public relations department, it is not known whether it is before or after from the 1982 War. In the C-130's that flew in Malvinas were the patches C-130 Squadron, 1st El Palomar Air Brigade, the Antarctic Sector and lastly in some C-130 FAA there was the 1st Brigade Technical Group 1 patch. It is worth noting that some C-130s had 3 or 4 patches.

Then there is a photo with the Batman patch I tell you that photo belongs to the first crew of SQUADRON I that flew to the PERSIC GULF (DESERT STORM OPERATION) and carried out peace missions in the conflict zone evacuating the Argentines who lived in the region and taking them to Pisa (Italy), where, if I remember correctly, the UN command (Blue Helmets) had a seat Actually, the TC-69 left EZE on January 10, 1991 carrying an Alouette (ARA) helicopter for one of the Argentine frigates that were carrying out the blockade in the Gulf, since the one that was part of the crew of one of the frigates had been taken out of service. The final destination of that first flight was Fujairah (Saudi Arabia), but once they arrived in the conflict zone they were affected by the missions assigned by the Foreign Ministry in order to evacuate Argentines. So the TC-69 returns to Palomar on the 14th. March of that year, having carried out four penetrations in the air zone of war activity within all assigned missions. The reason for the "BATMAN" was that they usually flew at night, which was already considered bats ...

Edited by SgtSaunders
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correction instead of putting IA-58 Pucara I put IA-63 Pampa sorry for the mistake  :stars:

• Like 1

thank you torno. to my old eyes the tecnico badge did not look like the one i needed. but its rather small in my only source image, and i did ask for advice from someone on the ground. sorry for misunderstanding that all were there

Some capture of the Herks, from the Argentine Air Force in the early 80's with the decals you sent me, daddyairplanes

Ps Thanks to Dels for his model and templates

img00304.JPG

img00305.JPG

img00306.JPG

Edited by SgtSaunders
  • Like 7