Groom Lake was looking a little quiet so I've sprinkled it with extra clutter... lots of space to hide away some sneaky beaky projects.

groom001.thumb.jpg.898220a021edb5293a743131911121c0.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Nice job Jimbib! Good to see bases getting attention! :good:

• Thanks 1

looking good..nose lumpy ?ed try making fuselages from boxes...and meshsmooth  rather than turbosmooth....heres a rectangle (green)right and cylinder.....cyl turbosmoothed and box with meshsmooth quads...you get a better finish....and not so many lumpy areas...also the green box is lower poly count...nearly half.

111.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

I swear! i swear! i was just researching on how the retraction of the landing gear worked and one thing lead to another, i am innocent!!!

Please pardon the mess, this is just a Franken Flanker, ALL IS A WIP...

I want also to point out that in no way i am not a 3D modeller in no way, all i do is get planes from free sites (i have the links where i got them) and adapt everything (hence fore this is a Franken Flanker) where i think it´s close to the real plane, all i do is a few things as pylons, afterburners and all small stuff...

All of this is the result of constant asking to @logan4 about modelling tips and techniques (and why not, some self learned tips too).

Hope the results will be of benefit to all of us.

Merry Christmas and let´s hope the coming year will be filled with health and some cute models!!!

image.thumb.png.9cd9ad77576d6ddc13a9c53d0542e384.png

image.thumb.png.8e59ecfa191e5064750fa70f4f953d23.png

image.thumb.png.a40b0b57f5106ee32e74a142a24e8a08.png

image.thumb.png.9fea55ee284b4c36a940cf1de66e18aa.png

image.thumb.png.279ec9bf5c4371abd7e3e6b3e73424fd.png

• Like 13

When 1st looked at su-34 ..the gears put me off as too much work just on making them and animating them...night mare....Ive got to do the gears on the Douglas destroyer they are crazy too.

28 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

When 1st looked at su-34 ..the gears put me off as too much work just on making them and animating them...night mare....Ive got to do the gears on the Douglas destroyer they are crazy too.

The idea behind making this animation is to do it for the 34 too, i have a broader idea now how it works, and thanks also to Youtube too...

Now, i still have some others pending like the MiG-21 and Su-24...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

These were a task I can tell you...

737-800 nose and main gears.

Certainly looks like fun too... makes me think on the Il-76...

48 minutes ago, FLOGGER23 said:

Certainly looks like fun too... makes me think on the Il-76...

IMG_4173.MOV

Want to respond to multiple posts with screenshots...

@Veltro2k is that an A330 there?

@russouk2004 Nice to see more militarized 737s in the sim.  Desperately need P-8As...

@FLOGGER23 Nice FrankenFlanker attempt.  But hey if you can have thrust vectoring + the IR ball to the right you can be well on the way to a Su-35... there's a lot of Su-27s and Su-30s already in SF2.

• Like 1

Outstanding job gentlemen.  keep up the great models coming. :clapping:

11 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

These were a task I can tell you...

737-800 nose and main gears

Hi russo,

What is the limit on the poly for a model? I know that the max for one single node is around 5000.  From what I see the landing gear is about 10 to 15 thousand poly.

32 minutes ago, GKABS said:

Hi russo,

What is the limit on the poly for a model? I know that the max for one single node is around 5000.  From what I see the landing gear is about 10 to 15 thousand poly.

There isnt really a limit...except on meshes...TK said..all he says which makes sense is all that limits poly count is pc its run on...high spec and ur fine..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JosefK said:

Want to respond to multiple posts with screenshots...

@FLOGGER23 Nice FrankenFlanker attempt.  But hey if you can have thrust vectoring + the IR ball to the right you can be well on the way to a Su-35... there's a lot of Su-27s and Su-30s already in SF2.

All in due time my friend.

• Thanks 1