other than the terrain for Vietnam48* (which is a NIGHTMARE!!!) I tend to release everything I do. Unless it's pure shit.

*btw, all the birds and most of the ground units are done. I could release those, but without the terrain .... pity too, the aircraft came out GREAT (if i say so myself!!! :wink: )

• Like 4

you say to yourself, "its fine, i've got everything that was there"

then you read some other article looking for something completely different

more Desert Storm tail arts

img00024.thumb.JPG.72b3ab83b36a63f0cba2373c0587eb31.JPGimg00025.thumb.JPG.a2f57ff06f1c05dced920319375760ee.JPG

• Like 10

Couldn´t resist and started something new.

Defender of the alps

Unbenannt.jpg

• Like 15

IAI Arava windows are done, Now i need to actually figure out what to do with the model and how to make the windows transperent 

image.png.a71975ae3fa0ef386a063f9a3e645e93.png

• Like 3

Yeah, you give it a transparent texture on the mesh to make it transparent. That's the only way I know how.

in Adobe (maya or max) its a transparent material. a blinn in maya. not sure if its texture in Blender (what im guessing toot is using)

and yes you have to actively add it. you could just select the faces that are the windows, although it would be better for them to be seperate objects. if htey arent, consider detaching them from the nose somehow

also, i suggest taking a look at a few completed aircraft in Mue's lodviewer to see how things are laid out in general. looking at the main objects and their child objects. it should help as you are setting up your own models

12 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

Couldn´t resist and started something new.

Defender of the alps

Amazing! For wich model/.LOD are these skins?
Because I know that one of the models available have the wings positioned higher than the actual position on the fuselage.

again, findin things while lookin for other things. this was the best pic i could get of this tail

photo_9999_207578.thumb.jpg.75652e67758a0cbd639640e154ac7063.jpg

it dont look too bad given the p*** poor ref pics i had to work with. just a little tweaking maybe, but not bad for mostly scratch made

64657193d2a2f_fightinskunk.jpg.d0a09e91e4ccbdb8109e1b11eea7f147.jpg

ignore the numbers, i just plugged into an empty ODS slot to do the artwork

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, madvad said:

Amazing! For wich model/.LOD are these skins?
Because I know that one of the models available have the wings positioned higher than the actual position on the fuselage.

It´s for Bobrock´s model, wich i bought from turbosquid.
Uses still a temporary lod.

the model still needs a bit of work.

• Like 3

USAFCAMO3, already in progress

D_78.thumb.jpg.30bcd9f34156478147a3660138340e0a.jpg

coming to a stock model near you

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

So, tried my hand at a F1 EQ-6 skin in fictional french colours (defending the Falklands in an alternate history scenario) , with help provided by Ludo.54. Not entirely satisfied with the drop tanks and the decals, but i guess it already works well enough.

dfT6LPO.png
DUGhv2M.png
xd6kYNp.png

• Like 6

well if TK wont make a ANG SLUF DLC, i'll make my own. with blackjack and hookers.....

img00026.thumb.JPG.768d32a9ff0e066a114cccc739ac7daf.JPGimg00027.thumb.JPG.5506e30ce2924288e414a16310f015df.JPGimg00028.thumb.JPG.f74ece86ec20b278241d4835dc57a9c6.JPG

• Like 6

Nice work though I'll take the hookers instead of blackjack, never was good at cards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

yeah well, remember the bit yesterday about well mapped models?

im becoming convinced TK learned to map on these here. and i know its not the worst one out there. so many little panels out in left field or seams just slightly askew......

Yeah, I agree. The mapping on the Tomcat tails is surely WTF. One tail mapped good, the other WTF and made a good skin not that good looking.

stock SLUF down low

img00033.thumb.JPG.a400075bcf4bb541f20d6977e103bce3.JPGimg00034.thumb.JPG.7efbfd5afcca8a5831961bd38c1c397a.JPG

gotta change out those stock tga tho. ya'll know anyone that can do that? :lol:

• Like 3

on a series note, what am i missing on the Tank skins?  texture named A-7_TANK, in each skin folder, saved as jpg like the aircraft ones.. hell, id think it would at least default to the stock skin with some green ontop....

disregard, got it to show in game, but as a bmp. evidently the tanks dont like jpg......

Edited by daddyairplanes

Tanks do like .jpg, it's just probably mapped for .bmp

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EricJ said:

Tanks do like .jpg, it's just probably mapped for .bmp

weird, cause the aircraft was bmp, but doing just fine with a bigger jpg.

no big deal to me, just weird

this particular sumbitch took me way longer than expected.

but the big parts are now done....

D_78.thumb.jpg.f7e8ac701fb41e59c36786867d6fabb8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

now i've gone and done it...... so many covered units that its actually more practical to have bmp's in the main folder, and create two "new" stock airframes beyond that.

i swear (to those that have worked with me), the decal folders will be smaller than the aircraft folders for a change. especially since two of the aircraf twill be able to share and i will bite the bullet and do some marks on skin

meanwhile,  a little more progress...

img00041.thumb.JPG.7610774e36f9fe28baf09a81c8cd653e.JPGimg00042.thumb.JPG.aa3f81d8ba3fe83d2f70eb3aa4924eac.JPG

• Like 4

The A-7 is a nice plane to fly sometimes. It's just easy to fly and while not fast, does get you around

• Like 1

ini cleanups,

or why did TK comment that out so the pylons stayed on no matter what.....

img00050.thumb.JPG.2fe3288bd21c0365e8bde405f31cdff6.JPGimg00051.thumb.JPG.b306a35be2d3cc1172c1370f449b2db8.JPG

• Like 2