Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pfunk

Black Sea v.2.0

Guest Pfunk

BlackSea2_alt.png

OK, mission planners and aircraft modders, let's hear from you. What'cha want in here?

A target rich environment :smile:

Guest Pfunk

Right now, the idea is to make the TargetAreas have a lot of stuff. Not as many TargetAreas to prevent overcrowding and AI from dumping their stores to strafe a ZPU-2. I'm thinking no more than 70 total TA's, all of them large.

One TA might have a city, an airfield, an industrial complex, a naval base, and be defended by three SAM emplacements and a couple dozen of AAA pieces.

You won't be shot out of the sky on the way to the target. I'll wait until you actually show up to do that.

New Aubases & Airports?

I´m bored of the stock ones... :grin:

Guest Pfunk

Yes.

Saki, Kacha, Karankut, Kulbalkino, Chervonoglinskoye, and Kirovskoye have all been added to Ukraine in order to compensate for the loss of Turkish bases. The Soviets/Russians get new airfields in Yeysk and Tuapse and a second carrier battle group. Majkop, Krasnodar, Armavir, Sukhumi, Bombora, Marneuli, Sal'sk, Taganrog, Rostov-na-Donu, and Stavropol all still retain their established airfields...you can't really argue with history.

Hey, this just as an idea, i don`t know if it`s possible, but, how about placing AAA on top of buildings ala Flight of the Intruder, i don`t know if this has been asked before, but it would be nice to have it mostly on top of big buildings :)

Guest Pfunk

Oh, that'd be cool, but unfortunately, the game engine will place that sucker in the middle of the building on the ground floor.

Might make a good conversation piece for anyone walking into your law firm, though. "Have you seen our new Shilka? Cool, isn't it?"

One thing I've noticed in my research is that the Russians would plant an airbase anywhere they found flat ground.

Unfortunately, there's no vertical component in the target's ini -- I've tried, believe me

however ....

somebody REAL clever could edit one of the terrain object (say, citybuilding2, as it's the tallest at 6 or 8 stories), and 'hide' a gun at the top via creation of a data ini. It would have to be placed as usual, but the hard thing is to figure out how to make it fixed to the terrain, and exist in the GO folder. (like I've done with the ASR object - it even shows on TWS)

sort of like the Ent I was trying to build.

P ... still looks like you could sneak in a TuAF base on the north coast, or at the very least, a multi-use airport.

Guest Pfunk

Kev, Sinop is the northernmost point on the Turkish Black Sea coastline, and it's just pushing it. I just don't know if the AI could deal with it. I may test it.

Right now we are at 64 target areas with multiple points of interest. You may happen upon a city and find an airbase, a industrial center, and/or a military base, all protected by about three SAM emplacements. I'm going to try to keep it at this level because anything else gets crowded on a 1000X1000 map and pretty soon your AI wingies will start firing away at anything that moves, or worse, jettisoning their entire bomb load so that they're useless when they get to the target area.

You should be able to avoid SAMs on a terrain by flying between the radar coverage. You should not be able to walk on a SAM emplacement every 20 meters.

How about tile height map bmps, make a single pixel, with a good height, and that would be like a huge mound. Guns might sit on top of that, uh I think. I never really tested if ground objects can sit on top of the height map bmp dots.

The drawback of the height maps is groundobjects on top will sink ..

yes, sometimes heightmaps are calculated for object placement, mostly they don't, same for TODs -at one certain level when WOE came in 2006 it had this fixed in one patch, after then got fubared again