Sign in to follow this  
famine

COUGAR issues

Hi new to the scene...

If any1 has experience in this matter, I have a Cougar Thrustmaster brand new and when I play lock on the damn configuration never works sometimes it doesnt even pick up my throttle and when it does the throttle doesnt work and a few buttons on the yoke.. My Cougar works well with Strike Fighters cause i can customize each button to my licking within the game. i even use profiles from what ppl are using for the Cougar in lock on.. somehow i just feel as if the game doesnt pick up the HOTAS... i have foxy running, i turn off foxy to try it as well and nothing... also using Foxy is abit to complex for me i dont understand it to well...

Now that T.A.R.G.E.T. has come out with and supports the COUGAR, has the COUGAR been imrpoved with this application considering its new software for Windows 7? Has T.A.R.G.E.T. improved the COUGAR in any form of way? i am unable to tell as i am not in my Home State where my pc and Cougar is. I am on the verge of getting a Saitek x52 pro to just end all my problems that i am having with the COUGAR and its software. but would like to know before i buy it, is the COUGAR been resolved or fixed for newer machines with Thrusmasters new software?

Hi new to the scene...

If any1 has experience in this matter, I have a Cougar Thrustmaster brand new and when I play lock on the damn configuration never works sometimes it doesnt even pick up my throttle and when it does the throttle doesnt work and a few buttons on the yoke.. My Cougar works well with Strike Fighters cause i can customize each button to my licking within the game. i even use profiles from what ppl are using for the Cougar in lock on.. somehow i just feel as if the game doesnt pick up the HOTAS... i have foxy running, i turn off foxy to try it as well and nothing... also using Foxy is abit to complex for me i dont understand it to well...

Now that T.A.R.G.E.T. has come out with and supports the COUGAR, has the COUGAR been imrpoved with this application considering its new software for Windows 7? Has T.A.R.G.E.T. improved the COUGAR in any form of way? i am unable to tell as i am not in my Home State where my pc and Cougar is. I am on the verge of getting a Saitek x52 pro to just end all my problems that i am having with the COUGAR and its software. but would like to know before i buy it, is the COUGAR been resolved or fixed for newer machines with Thrusmasters new software?

It has nothing to do with the cougar-every stick you get needs to be customized in the very in depth lock on control section. The reason for this is because they wanted each aircraft to be able to have its controls accuratelly simulated to a certain degree. You need to go to the options/control section in your lock on menu. Each aircraft needs to be individually configured-so choose the aircraft at the top of the page and then select axis assisgnments-on the right , in the axis column-select to edit the throttle and then choose your cougar z axis.

Where were you able to get a new cougar? Is it stock or modded?

ok i see!! thanks for the help!

There is a store in my country thats selling them and they have some stock..... sadly its only a stock cougar, cause i am in another country i am struggling to get the modds i even went to try and register at a forum where the guy supplies them his name is IJ, but the site wont let me register which is a pain... An besides the mod is quite expensive for that price i rather go and buy the WARTHOG instead.... So i am modding it myself i took out the Torsion Springs off to go buy some Tension Springs drill holes into the base plates of the "Gimbles" and see if it improves my smoothness...

I played Jet Fighter yesterday with my Cougar without the Torsion springs and of course the Stick doesnt spring back to center point as of course it just falls to which ever side gravity takes it. So i held it dead center when calibrating played Jet Fighter man i have never seen such smoothness.. My guns were unbelievable i shot down all enemy bandits with just guns alone and from 0.6nm to 1.0nm out cause i was able to precisely aim... I just need the Tension springs to hold the stick center point i dont need to BOING! back to center point...

Edited by famine