Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys. I decided to install WOE after all these years on windows 7 64 bit O.S. The game has the latest patch & runs just fine but I can not for the life of me install the Nato forces add ons. I uninstalled & re-installed the game. Now I don't have a thirdwire file & WOE file as I did before. What can I do to get me ack into this epic sim?

Thanks.

Can you go to where you installed the game to - probably C:\Program Files (x86)\ |Thirdwire \Wings Over Europe and check the game is there.

Run it by double clicking on woe.exe in that folder

If its there just create a shortcut to the woe.exe to run it from your desktop.

then come back

Think you need to re- install and don't install to the default directory C:/program files /woe/.....make a new folder on your desktop call it "whatever you want" and install the game there, otherwise windows won't let you change anything in the game..... Have a read through the knowledge base for gen 1 sims and it will explain it better than I can

• Like 1

Think you need to re- install and don't install to the default directory C:/program files /woe/.....make a new folder on your desktop call it "whatever you want" and install the game there, otherwise windows won't let you change anything in the game..... Have a read through the knowledge base for gen 1 sims and it will explain it better than I can

This is ridicules I managed to get the first 2 on then I uninstalled again & can't even get the first one on now. It used to be so easy! I wonder if it's win 7?

Ok, first and formost, for vista/Win7:

DO NOT ISNTALL ANY 1ST GEN 3W GAME TO ANY OF THE C/ProgramFiles/**** FOLDERS

Install them to the root of /C, as in:

C:/Wings Over Europe

Create you new shortcut, and you'll find everything works just as it's supposed to. This IS covered somewhere in the 1stGen Knowledge Base.

when placed in teh /ProgramFiles folders, it'll become essentially "locked" as those are protected areas, and you wont' be able to mod it.

That should fix that issue.

I may have cracked this, it was dumping them in separate folders within the main folder. Where can I play this game over the internet/

I now have Nato fighters 1, 2 & 3 installed. How do I install 4 as it does not have an automatic installation built in to it. Do I copy & replace all the files when I drop them in to WOE manually? ?

Thanks.