Sign in to follow this  
ShadowXP

Question about Thrustmaster F16FLCS/TQS

I'm the "lucky" owner of one of the old F16 FLCS/TQS-sets, but I'm having a few problems with it. Mainly: The needed SWF22-chipsets from Stickworks are no longer in sale, and the set will not work without it as of now.

Thus my question is this:

1: Do anyone know of any gamecards (PCI) that works with this set? Needs to have analog processing. Have a Thrustmaster 2-port gamecard, but if anyone has any magic way of getting an old 8bit ISA-card to work in Windows XP, please give me a hoot :P

2: Is there a 15-pin to USB converter that works with this set?

3: Do anyone know of alternate places where the SWF22 "Eraserhead"-chipsets are sold? Already tried contacting both Stickworks and FSCentral about surplus sets, but alas: Nope.

Right now I can either have functionable Axis on the stick/throttle, or I can have functionable buttons. Not both at the same time, which is sort of a drag. Using a jittery Logitech-stick right now, but it's not good at all for my use. And since I live in Norway, a new HOTAS-set costs shirt, pants and both socks.

Thankful for any replies.

You can use any sound-card with a game-port on it like most of the SBs. Or you can simply buy a MIDI-port card since MIDI-port is just another name for the game-port ;) .

If you plan to use a converter you should keep in mind that you'd then loose your controllers' programmability :( .

The only place where you still can get the digital upgrade chips would be ebay, I'm afraid.

Edited by Don ULFonso

Right now I can either have functionable Axis on the stick/throttle, or I can have functionable buttons. Not both at the same time, which is sort of a drag. Using a jittery Logitech-stick right now, but it's not good at all for my use. And since I live in Norway, a new HOTAS-set costs shirt, pants and both socks.

ShadowXP:

I have a set of F16F22PRO+TQS@digital, pluged into gameport (digital) of old Turtle Beach

Montego Soundcard, works fine under WXSP2, no spykes.

Today u find Sound Blaster Live/Audigy whit gameporte.

Now SWF22 chips "is history". :(

But your F22/TQS are no lost. U need a DOS bootdisk (pick one in www.bootdisk.com), copy ito this the Thustsmaster flash programing, boot whit disk and program F22/TQS buttons in old fashion way. ;)

PS-U need to hook your F22/TQS via PS2 conector too.

U have another radical alternative: Change internal circuit of F22/TQS whit

Mjoy16 by www.mindaugas.com (~33 Euros). Your lost programibility capacity of buttons, but have

"new" USB H.O.T.A.S whit ~32 buttons, 8 via HAT, and 5 axis. And spare axis for rudder, if desire.

In true Mjoy16 is capable of 64 buttons and rotaries, plus 8 axis.

Good luck.

Sorry for poor english.

SP

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1

U have another radical alternative: Change internal circuit of F22/TQS whit

Mjoy16 by www.mindaugas.com (~33 Euros). Your lost programibility capacity of buttons, but have

"new" USB H.O.T.A.S whit ~32 buttons, 8 via HAT, and 5 axis. And spare axis for rudder, if desire.

In true Mjoy16 is capable of 64 buttons and rotaries, plus 8 axis.

Interesting, but could you please explain this a bit more detailed?

I've visited this site but had the impression that the Mjoy16 was a card, no replacement for the stick's circuitry. What exactly would a user need, and what would he do with it?

Interesting, but could you please explain this a bit more detailed?

I've visited this site but had the impression that the Mjoy16 was a card, no replacement for the stick's circuitry. What exactly would a user need, and what would he do with it?

Just it! Mjoy16 is a joystick USB card. Whit this your mod existing one, or make a new joy/throtle/rudder.

Another option is PlasmaV2 USB card by http://www.betainnovations.com/

The use of these cards is common in the Flying Simulator community.

In AviaForum are a extensive tread about Mjoy16, and one TM F16FLCS mod by Catfish:

f22usb014jk.jpg

http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showthread.php?t=24406&page=23&pp=25

SP1

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1