Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Anyone fly FSX?..I have a problem

Hi Dudes

I'm having a bit of an issue in FSX...wondered if anyone can help?

My ILS approach doesnt seem to work anymore....I follow my usual flight plan, lock onto the ILS code...the two little diamonds don't move (yes, I'm not a real pilot)....and even when I press the approach button...the ILS doesn't kick in!

The only thing I've done (I think) is add an airport..and changed the sound file for the 737

if anyone can advise me, I'd be most grateful

(sorry for posting this here..just that the FSX section, is a bit uninhabited :good:

Must admit I fly it a lot at present playing with Airhauler... Does this happen for all jets or one specific one ? Also does this affect all airports ?

Changing the sound will not be the issue... Adding the Airport though that might as it will probably modify the file with the ILS in it... Was it a freeware or a bought airport if freeware let me know which one and I will do a check on my end for you...

Hi Slarti...No, it was bought (the New Newcastle Xtreme) from UK2000

and yes..it appears to be the same problem with the 747 too

seems to be happening with all airports too

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hmm not sure then though I would uninstall the Scenery and try it afterwards... sounds like the ILS listing has got messed up to me though... as its affecting more than one jet etc...

I've noticed the Auto-Approach on the default aircraft aren't all that great. It captures the ILS fine, but doesn't follow the signal well. It drifts quite a bit.

Try with a 3rd party aircraft to be sure though. At least before reinstalling.

-S

Ok guys, thanks for your help...a few things to try there

Just a quick ask did it the above work for you or was it an uninstall and reinstall ?

Havent had time to look into it yet Slarti...will let you know :good: