Sign in to follow this  
Olham

The "Barmy OFFers Art Gallery"

The "Barmy OFFers Art Gallery" is proud to be able to present to you two paintings by Al Forbes,

which we could borrow for a short time from his gallery over at "The Aerodrome".

The first is a German "Taube", climbing in the frosty clear air of a winter's day.

The other is showing a nice contrast between the warm tone of the sunset reflecting from the wings

of a Sopwith Pup, and the high blue sky, where a DFW C.V is taking on the fight.

Edited by Olham

This is one of my favorites by Russell Smith:

By the dawn's early light

post-10763-0-15342500-1311009542.jpg

This is my favourite of Al Forbes, as I think I've mentioned before:

A View from Valhalla.jpg

I also like Jerry Boucher's work although it's slightly too clean for my ideal tastes:

Nieuport N.11.jpg

Edited by Dej

Yes, Jerry Boucher's stuff is perhaps quite clean and very realistic, but with that special touch,

that the art on model kit boxes used to have - somehow dynamic IMHO. Here's another:

Quite similar, but with more juicey colours is this painting by Steve Anderson: "Twilight of the Jagdflieger"

Edited by Olham

I give the Aerodrome gallery a quick click virtually every day, in anticipation of some new piece. There is some superb work there.

I always liked that Al Forbes picture of the Taube. The way it picks out the wood and the wire around that birdlike shape. It almost has the air of a fantasy, like a pastiche of an early design which never really flew.

Can we post images of our own work?

1911 Morane Borel monoplane

post-65486-0-64321600-1311089727.jpg

What is the meaning of your question, when you already did, Lewie?

What is the meaning of your question, when you already did, Lewie?

It is better to do so then ask for forgiveness... than ask and not get to do it...

Okay, the sentence is 10x "Our Father in Heaven" - and 20x "Dicta Boelcke". :grin:

It is better to do so then ask for forgiveness... than ask and not get to do it...

'Xactly!, and there's the required high level of Barmyness that needs to be maintained. :salute: