Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Speculation - Next Payware A/C... A-1H/J?

Just occurred to me last night as I was making the A-1's in my July '11 install flyable...

1. Already a great model and flight model, just needs a pit.
  2. No need for new fancy avioinics or anything like that
  3. I noticed that the stock weapons include an SUU-11. I don't think it used to be there, and this gunpod was only carried by A-1's, A-37's, T-28's, and Hueys.

The loadouts and data.ini's for the stock A-1's are kinda unfinished, but that wouldn't be a ton of work.

I would much rather pay for a good Skyraider pit to make a previously stock, AI-only AC into a flyable one, vs paying for new variants of A/C that have been flyable since day 1.

Just my two cents. And a whole lotta speculation...

Edited by malibu43

Don't suppose you've seen the A-1H/J upgrade kits I released last year? Even without a 'proper' cockpit (ok, extensively modified Scooter-B pit), works pretty damn good. To say nothing of the skin paks

We have an early SPAD pit, but it's for the 1-4s, so it has the radar. I'm sure we might be able to talk the modler into removing it for the H/J

Well, the only thing I've noticed so far is no DLC plane has needed a pit ie the pit has been reused from a previously included plane.

In fact, I thought TK said specifically no DLC plane will have a "new" cockpit, which I took to mean totally new planes will be the realm of expansions or full titles only. The DLC planes are more "official mods for people that don't want to bother with mods".

I had to change the name of my old MF Mirage III when I got TK's DLC because they had the same name (although the folder name was different) so I could tell which was which in the game itself! I just stuck an MF at the end like they did with some of those other planes they'd done in the past.

Don't suppose you've seen the A-1H/J upgrade kits I released last year? Even without a 'proper' cockpit (ok, extensively modified Scooter-B pit), works pretty damn good. To say nothing of the skin paks

We have an early SPAD pit, but it's for the 1-4s, so it has the radar. I'm sure we might be able to talk the modler into removing it for the H/J

I certainly have! Stary's too. And the ones in the A&G Exp Pack.

Just thought it would be cool to see an official TW version as well...

Yeah - no new pits for DLCs is pretty much what they have stated.

Modified pits and modified 3D models - with new skins is what I am expecting

Yeah - no new pits for DLCs is pretty much what they have stated.

Modified pits and modified 3D models - with new skins is what I am expecting

I wonder when he will release some new F-16A models as DLC...

how true ... not a hard task. Just needs a 'stock' gray skin and decals

anyway, there's the AD-1 thru 4NL pit. Bobrock's work, iirc.

-6 & 7 are pretty much identical, with a sheetmetal cover screwed onto the panel to cover the hole where the scope used to be (basically)

Edited by Wrench

I wonder when he will release some new F-16A models as DLC...

People have asked for those - but he has said any other F-16s will be in games or expansion packs....including ones that just need new skins........thats business folks!

He has mentioned going into the 80s era with games - and even a MiG-29 in the future.

Got to say though that it would have to go some to beat the MF version!!

Edited by MigBuster

-6 & 7 are pretty much identical, with a sheetmetal cover screwed onto the panel to cover the hole where the scope used to be (basically)

Kevin, isn't it pit by Dels for Korean Mod?

I would like to see F-84F with proper pit...

Edited by Kulbit80

oppps ... you're right! It's Dels. It's been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long ....age creeping on me!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

oppps ... you're right! It's Dels. It's been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long ....age creeping on me!

Is that out of the old Korea mod or the new one that folks like me don't have access to yet?

new one. with LOTS and LOTS of new and interesting items

Well, the only thing I've noticed so far is no DLC plane has needed a pit ie the pit has been reused from a previously included plane.

In fact, I thought TK said specifically no DLC plane will have a "new" cockpit, which I took to mean totally new planes will be the realm of expansions or full titles only.

He did mention a Mirage F-1 in the context of a future DLC, and that will undoubtedly require a new cockpit.

F1 was later rebranded as Expansion pack 3.

A link for this beauty please!!

A link for this beauty please!!

Not available yet :cool: You'll have to wait for the Korea mod to be released somewhere in the future :grin:

Well, you guys have thoroughly conviced me that hte next Payware AC will not be a Skyraider...

Wrench or Stary's pits work just fine, and I prefer my own loadouts anyway. I've just been on this kick lately to try and enjoy the game as "stock" I can bare (not sure why). So adding TK's DLC aircraft sounded like something fun to try instead of making AI A/C flyable with stand in pits.

Something interesting I noticed (and maybe it's well documented already) last night: I don't have the DLC MirageIIIC, so I was copying the .ini lines from the SF2I Mirage over to the SF2E one to make the SF2E one flyable. I noticed that the Mirage3C.ini file already had the lines in there to make it flyable. They just pointed to the .cat file that needs to be added from the DLC store (and without that .cat file, the A/C is AI only). I didn't have time, but I thought it might be fun to look through other .ini files for AI only A/C and see if TK has given us hints as to what other A/C may become flyable via DLC...

Edited by malibu43

Well, TK has hinted at that more DLC is coming, but I guess it's gonna be more along the lines of F-4K, F-8E(FN) etc.

As nice as Photosader would be (not to mention that it would be good addition for SF2V) I guess it won't be happening since it would require more than just adding some rails and a redesigned pit. :this:

Well, you guys have thoroughly conviced me that hte next Payware AC will not be a Skyraider...

Yeah, it won't be a Skyraider.

Yeah, it won't be a Skyraider.

And now I am even more thorougly convinced than before!

So...

What will it be? :grin:

Honetly, who cares? We're gonna buy it anyway!! :lol:

I still think TK should make a red expansion. He's already got a ton of planes made, just add cockpits for all the red side planes and sell it as SF2: Red Flood or something.

He did suggest two red planes for the Exp.3, but the French beat everyone...

Well the difference is the F1 doesn't exist from him yet (as opposed to 3rd party ones) while the MiGs do exist, just without cockpits or "refined" flight models.

MiG lods inherited from 1st gen could also use some work.