This is a revisit to my 'Airfields with some Spice' mod, which was actually just uploaded to the thread in Beta stage.

The base designs are from Gepard's airfields mod, with objects from Ravenclaw, Amokfloo, Polak, Comrpnt and Sundowner.

Here's Hopsten. How do the earth mounds look? The taxiway is 20m wide..

Suggestions are welcome.

post-30257-0-80696700-1311011554.jpg

post-30257-0-60774300-1311011569.jpg

Before you ask, one can't taxi inside the shelters. But i'm still leaving one empty (no parked aircraft inside) for later usage by a single mission designer. Just start a little bit outside the shelter..

I wish we had some tree models to plant around.

Edited by PureBlue

look in "The Factory Place" there's a single tree object that can be used, and 'hand planted' (Plants vs Zombies?). Might need a new tga, but worth a shot

Looks awesome. I just wish we could start from the ramp or HAS' and really get use of them.

Looking good matey

Thanks guys!

I'd like to add a bomb dump area, do we have any bombs on trailers objects yet? Killerbee was working on some..

Edited by PureBlue

This is a revisit to my 'Airfields with some Spice' mod, which was actually just uploaded to the thread in Beta stage.

The base designs are from Gepard's airfields mod, with objects from Ravenclaw, Amokfloo, Polak, Comrpnt and Sundowner.

Here's Hopsten. How do the earth mounds look? The taxiway is 20m wide..

Suggestions are welcome.

post-30257-0-80696700-1311011554.jpg

post-30257-0-60774300-1311011569.jpg

Before you ask, one can't taxi inside the shelters. But i'm still leaving one empty (no parked aircraft inside) for later usage by a single mission designer. Just start a little bit outside the shelter..

I wish we had some tree models to plant around.

Are the earth mounds supposed to be a wall of trees ? What about doing a Google Map of Hopsten with the satelite terrain view, then make that as a overlay on the base ? then match the HAS and taxiways placement to the overlay. It wont be 3-d, just give the flavor of trees around the base structures. I dont know how to actually do an overlay, but the guys who build YAP use something like that to build thier new Rising Sun terrains.

I also have a couple of C Type hangars & various concrete apron type areas if you want them....

post-841-0-78011100-1311020543.jpg

post-841-0-01688500-1311020557.jpg

also, what type's of bomb store do you need ?

Edited by Sundowner
  • Like 1

You have to ask!!!?????????????? :lol:

I like the Gate Guard Spits!!

While we're on the subject of airbase objects, is there a variable to make objects not show after a certain date ?

It would allow us to set the old dirt revetments to disapear after 1960 for example and a new HAS build in to the same location. I was able to make a weapon storage area using the "C-Store" objects in the airfield objects pak in downloads. Then fenced it in and added some bomb carts, forklifts etc, but I've never found any "bombs on trailer" type object for download yet.

try this, as an example:

Target[037].Type=shelter3

Target[037].Offset=-1050,-315

Target[037].Heading=0

Target[037].InactiveYear=1969

Target[038].Type=GFD12

Target[038].Offset=-1050,-315

Target[038].Heading=0

Target]038].ActiveYear=1970

experiment...sometime it works,sometimes it don't. Also, make sure the ActiveDate= in the _types ini matches the year you want something to start

try this, as an example:

Target[037].Type=shelter3

Target[037].Offset=-1050,-315

Target[037].Heading=0

Target[037].InactiveYear=1969

Target[038].Type=GFD12

Target[038].Offset=-1050,-315

Target[038].Heading=0

Target]038].ActiveYear=1970

experiment...sometime it works,sometimes it don't. Also, make sure the ActiveDate= in the _types ini matches the year you want something to start

Sweet! it worked just fine, Thanks Wrench

That C-Type hangar is outstanding. Looks like the ones at Mildenhall.

Great work all.

I also have a couple of C Type hangars & various concrete apron type areas if you want them....

also, what type's of bomb store do you need ?

Sure mate, I'd love to work with those, PM inbound.

About the bomb dump, maybe some Mk84, Mk83 type bombs on racks and trolleys. Laid out side by side. This is what a bomb dump is right?

@Hurc,Wrench: Do the Inactive date work reliably?

For example you define 2 objects (a wooden shelter and a HAS) on the same coordinates. And make the HAS replace the older at specific date?

I was thinking if that didnt work, the whole target area can be replaced at a certain date. And simulate the upgrade of the airfield and surrondings. I've tested this and it sure works.

I dont have any bombs on trollies or racks [sorry] I was thinking more like the ones in the top left corner of the C-Type hangar pic, or like the ones in this picture of Spangdahlem.

post-841-0-27792600-1311100014.jpg

I've actually tried that, with FULL airfields, to represent an expansaion/overhaul/extension, and couldn't get the ENTIRE target area to switch. However, individual items within seem to work.

Haven't tested since the last patch, since the terrains I've been working on have relatively 'fixed' airfield types. (no major expansions and so forth) It may be possible now, however

Maybe something like this might work (it WILL need testing.) Example is truncated for space saving

[TargetArea014]

Name=Puntarenas Airport

Position=263000,390000

Radius=6000

ActiveYear=0

InactiveYear=1975

Location=3

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield2.ini

NumSquadrons=1

Target[001].Type=Runway2

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=0

[TargetArea015]

Name=Puntarenas Airport

Position=263000,390000

Radius=6000

ActiveYear=1976

Location=3

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield6.ini

NumSquadrons=3

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=0

the 'clear airfield zone tiles' are a definate must to be used (4 of them). That nicely centers the 0,0 point of the airfield and makes it look a little better

Edited by Wrench

Here is a pic of the basic weapons storage area I made;

post-14131-0-72501900-1311128268.jpg

You know you can use spec and bump on groundobjects too? It'd make those tents look purdy.

Just done this...

post-841-0-90387200-1311189401.jpg

not perfect, but better than nothing.

Sure mate, I'd love to work with those, PM inbound.

About the bomb dump, maybe some Mk84, Mk83 type bombs on racks and trolleys. Laid out side by side. This is what a bomb dump is right?

@Hurc,Wrench: Do the Inactive date work reliably?

For example you define 2 objects (a wooden shelter and a HAS) on the same coordinates. And make the HAS replace the older at specific date?

I was thinking if that didnt work, the whole target area can be replaced at a certain date. And simulate the upgrade of the airfield and surrondings. I've tested this and it sure works.

PureBlue - So far it seems to work, I have read some posts of how SF2 will cache its loaded objects, textures, etc. and that it has issues with things not always showing correctly. Mostly I've see this with different textures, but not complete objects coming up missing. I was able to set Hopsten to ShelterA type till 1979, then all change to ShelterZu types from 1980 using the Inactiveyear/Activeyear entries.

Sundowner - Sweet! thats spot on for A-A load. Now just a couple with A-G ord would be great.Here are pics of M117s for Nam and JDAMs for modern era

post-14131-0-26735900-1311191488.jpg

post-14131-0-38561900-1311191498.jpg

thanks, let me see what I can do.....I'm no expert though.

Right on mate, good looking and basic models, that's the way to go I think. :good:

work on this will commence tomorrow, on my side..

Today's effort...

post-841-0-20040600-1311441479.jpg

don't forget dumbbombs!

look good Ant!!