Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

British Summertime

What is the obsession with cooking skin I wonder. Give me a nice pleasant Summer's day with a few clouds and a cool breeze oh and a nice sit down and a cup of tea in the shade :)

• Like 1

What is the obsession with cooking skin I wonder. Give me a nice pleasant Summer's day with a few clouds and a cool breeze oh and a nice sit down and a cup of tea in the shade :)

It's funny that you mention Tea Pol as I'm sitting in my air-conditioned kitchen drinking a cup as it's over 90 degrees F outside - a bit too warm for my blood.

Ouch yes that sounds a bit like egg-cooking-on-the-car weather. I know someone in Florida who used to start the car and put the air con on. Then run back indoors and then 10 minutes later sprinted to the car to get into the cool lol.

Summer here is being way hotter than I care for. Seeing as I am still sitting on my butt recuperating from surgery. For the past 2 and 1/2 weeks the temp. hasn't dropped below 30C and has been up to 39C. With the humidity factored in it was 45-47C all of last week. It's to bloody hot to go outside for a smoke.

It's human nature to complain about the weather I suppose. But I still think I'll take the heat as apposed to the -30 and -40 days we get in the winter months. And yes we will complain about that as well LOL.

Absolutely what I think, Pol!

Sunny hot summer weather is much overrated - look what it's done to the Sahara!

Hmmmm - tea!

Edited by Olham

It's going to be 100 F today which is pretty damn hot.:heat: It's only 9am and I already have the air-conditioning on and won't leave the house unless I absolutely have to. Spring and Fall are where it's at - I would do just fine without Summer and Winter.

Edited by Shiloh

That would be almost 38° Celsius? In Massachusetts??? Geeze, talk about climatic change...

Three cheers for us milk bottles!!

Personally I'm pretty depressed we have only gone over 100F a couple of time this year. We usually have nice warm weather starting in the end of May. Temperature will commonly be over 110F starting in July. We have been suffering in 80 to 95 degree weather for weeks, I'm not sure if Summer will ever start.

Beard

Ugghh it is 99 F and feels like 119 F in DC, suppose to reach 103F. am going to the 150th Anniversary of 1st Manasas (Bull Run) on Sunday. Looking forward to it cooling off to 98F