How do u trim in strike fighters i dont see the key commands for it or in the manual..........

I downloaded a Cougar Joystick profile where i can trim up and down for SF1, but i wanna make my own profile using TARGET for SF2.... The profile is nice but half the things on it doesnt interest my playing preference and the trimming in the SF1 Cougar profile works.

So how on earth do u trim.. PS i am crap at FOXY no idea how to use it........ honestly it freaks me out lol..

There is no trim in the game because it is considered a "lite air simulator" and thus not needed.

I think there is some kind of work around - but I dont have the info - worth searching though

I believe it's one of the Insky Flankers that has the settings listed in the readme. Unfortunately it's like... not much help but I think it's the Su-33 or 35

Dig into controls.ini and zero auto centering or whatever it's called on keyboard pitch and roll controls. Then your arrows keys turn into trim keys.

I forgot how....Gr is it the Self and Key rates like this?

[RangedControl001]

AxisControl=PITCH_CONTROL

MaxValue=1000.000000

MinValue=-1000.000000

DeadZone=24.000000

Saturation=165.000000

ReverseJoystick=TRUE

MouseScale=1.000000

UseMouseRate=FALSE

ReverseMouse=FALSE

LimitValue=TRUE

SelfCenterRate=0.000000

KeyControlRate=0.100000

AllowKeyControl=TRUE

IncreaseControl=PITCH_DOWN

DecreaseControl=PITCH_UP

CenterControl=

(...also do roll and yaw control if desired)

----

Panama::

There is no trim in the game because it is considered a "lite air simulator" and thus not needed.

That's a sad thing I always found cheesy since trim makes real life flying so much easier and, literally, lighter in effort. :good: Don't forget, Oleg crippled trim in IL-2 for everybody because some online dogfight players were crying about trim cheats. That's the first indication I had that Oleg would eventually drop his ball. He did. There's something about combat flight TheSims develepors and trim.

No wonder few souls play CF TheSims anymore....the devs offer "realistic" flight models but no trim. FAIL

SelfCenterRate must be zero, keycontrol anything but zero. Never touched its default value.

ahhh ok thanks guys help me out :)