Sign in to follow this  
zxrex

F15 gunsight problem

I've started flying the F15 and I'm having trouble with the gunsight. It doesn't move around smoothly, but seems to stick than jump to where it should be. I've tried searching for an answer and found nothing so far. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas, fixes etc;

which f15 you've flight? A or C or E?

talking on hard setting flying f-15E loaded with MK-82 free fall bomb you have to flight on low speed nosing down your jet to the target while having the bomb ready to release press S key for air brake then adjust your sight bar line's dot on the target then hit enter and retract the air brake and don't forget to gain speed by 100% throttle then perform escaping from the target area for avoiding AAAs or anti air guns fire

note : free fall bombs doesn't gives 100% hit and 60% of free fall bombs drooping missed their targets , so try to use smart bombs such as gbu-10 or 12 leaser guided bombs or gbu-30 GPS coordinated bombs for more accurate hit and you can attack your primary target from long distance out of AA effective range so they won't shot you down instead of loading free fall bombs

free fall bombs give you the ability to attack your target from 1 or 2 km away for lets say good hit and might miss its target

thats about flying f15e on strike mission

and flying f-15c on a dogfight

when you switch on to the air to air using the gunsight in dogfight the sigh won't move , you have to use your keyboard keys ( arrows ) for keeping it on a air target

if you new to SF2 play on easy settings to gain some experience

note : gunsight will never lock on a target and keep tracking it you have to aim and track it your self and hit the fire key on the right time and the right position while dogfight for a kill shot

Edited by Teras

I think I know what you're talking about. While in the gun pattern, depending on how hard you pull, the pipper will move down with the pull, then as you relax pull on the stick, the pipper will take a moment, then quickly recover towards the top of the HUD. Not entirely sure why this happens, but usually it doesn't matter as much if you're in the gun pattern after having beat the opponent down on energy, so he can't move his plane around very easily. The smaller the stick movements, the less the pipper "sticks".

EDIT: Also, do you have your target locked up? That'll make the gun sight move relative to the target - don't know if it's smoother or not, just a suggestion.

Edited by Caesar

In normal settings, the pipper will also be more accurate (seems more accurate) if you get radar lock on your target.

Thanks for the replies. I 'll go boresight or lock up the target and see if that helps. I thought lead computing gunsights basically used how hard you're pulling to track a target to compute lead and used the radar for range calculations. I need to read up on the F15 sight and how it's simulated in game.

Which version of the F-15 are you flying? I just took an F-15C(85) up against a MiG-29 and its gunsight was tracking fluidly.

I'm flying the F15A in the stock WOE 79 campaign with latest update. I've flown several other aircraft in WOE campaigns with no problems. I've completed the campaign in the A7, but that was before the latest update.