Sign in to follow this  

I downloaded the latest ATI drivers 11.6 and some how its forcing Jet Fighters 2 to run in D3D10 (DX10) where as before my game used to run in D3D9. as u can see in my screen grab there in the tob corner..

post-69508-0-68773900-1311189205.jpg

Please dont be mislead by the 60FPS in D3D10 it feels as if my game is running at 10FPS ingame... In the menu i am doing D3D9 and getting the perfect 120FPS which is accurate. as if the D3D10 is misleading the game i dont know. I tried other games and I dont have this issue with any them and they all run in D3D9... This is the first time i have seen D3D10 and of course its my favorite game of all games this problem would appear the game i play and love most. typical murphy's law.

I tried setting things in my ATI Catalyst i forced everything to manual or in application control still no change. I have undated DirectX and installed some old DirectX massive to add in files that werent there from what i read in the ATI forums.

Any ideas? i am downloading 11.4 Drivers to double check cause apparently there is issues with 11.5 its such a pity though i have noticed some graphic glitches fixed with these new drivers. eg i can zoom out of my plane external view the furthest possible and shadows wont disappear or my 2 fuel tanks 1 tends to disappear when i am at its furthest zoom but not anymore. I noticed some flashing graphic issues in a couple of other games have disappeared because of these new drivers but not affected my performance in them except SF2. I am lost and confused.........

My specs

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series MSI (Crossfire)

Display Memory: 3800 MB

Edited by famine

Ok nvm ATI Drivers 11.4 fixed everything including my graphic glitches and improved my fps...

11.5 and 11.6 is a no go.

apologies for wasting ur time my fellow pilots..

Edited by famine

I have a new ATI 6970 and when I tried the 11.6 drivers and my FPS dropped to 30, so i went back to 10.12 drivers that I used with my old ATI 4890's and my FPS went back up to 60.

yeah i been reading that there is some serious issues with 11.5 and 11.6 :boredom:alot of ppl with the 5xxx and 6xxx series are struggling with it.

11.2 on a 6950 here no problems whatsoever smooth 60fps.

EDIT **ack** below I'm on DX9 in SF-1, wrong forum sorry...

Odd: I have 4850 (I'm sticking to it) and I re-install Win-7, and before I install teh Cat, I get great game fps and smoothness. Then install Cat 11.3something, but no matter what I do with that, SF loses framerate *and* is more jerky -- fps jumps far more reaching into lower values.

So I go back to Cat 10.4, same thing. 10.3b, same thing. So I DELETE my ATI Cat drivers entirely, and I'm back fast and smooth.

I think the basic ATI drivers in Windows is doing fine, but for some reason, the Cat and stuff are messing me up. Dunno.

I'm going to go Cat-Free free for now. :good:

Edited by Lexx_Luthor