Sign in to follow this  
lederhosen

my cockpit view

Salute

when i watch the ground from external views the ground looks great and I can see foe miles on end

When I switch to cockpit or gunner the ground within a smaller radius looks the same and then the rest changes and far off its just green.

From some of the vids I have seen this dont seem to happen to other pilots, wonder why?

Led

What is your "Scenery" and "Terrain" numbers ??? Most PC's handle a "3" each, but if you have a good PC, you can up it to "4" for each.

I have a "4" for each with my new video card, and my scenery & terrain with trees and buildings goes clear out to the horizon. I suspect that the videos that you see have either both "3"s or "4"s for the scenery and terrain. Try upping your numbers and see for yourself what it looks like (even if you can not fly that way all the time).

What is you ground object density setting in the Workshop setting screen ???

Salute

Med. setting

anyway, bad example but this is what I mean

snap011.jpg

this is what I normaly see out side. Bad example though. Other day I flew near Verdun, and you could watch from a far all the artillery explosions

going off over the mud...cool

snap012.jpg

and this is what I get when in cockpit. As mentioned above over Verdun, I could make out the lines (somewhat) but the arty hits were not to be seen

It seems that everything quite near is good, but then it sort of gets distorted like being under water.

Just wandering if this is normal. But looking at other peoples vids they have great view from cockpit.

Led

Salute

SOLVED!!!!

had to go into workshop, then reset my graphic mode to standard. Changed the standard settings a bit

but this time I didn't change any of the "parameter editor for texture" settings. Now it looks correct.

danke and sry for the mistake

Led

Glad you figured it out, I was running out of ideas on what could be your problem.