Sign in to follow this  
famine

Is people still using it?

I remember back in the late 90's and early 2000's it was a must have app for online gaming to keep in touch with the squad and other gamer pilots..

do ppl still use it as their base contact platform or do ppl use something else? or rather use ventrillo to communicate?

I use it to chat with my game producer in Germany (I'm in Omaha, NE). It is simple and gets the job done. I like the Web based ICQ as I can use it at work without installing additional software.

That being said, we also use Facebook chat and while we've never used it to meet we both have Skype. I signed up with Skype after I dropped my land line. Great way to make work related phone calls (I'm at the computer already.....) and saves cell minutes.

I still have it but usually I'm doing stuff so I just keep it off unless asked to get on.

aahh nice... of course facebook haha... i still like icq and i like keeping it active while i am in game as i know some1 has come online or initiated a chat its a great lil instant messager..

I never use facebook chat dont like being bomb with many different ppl trying to hold a 20 way conversation lol can be abit much. Icq is much better i now i feel its more stable and now u dont have to remember ur sodding number to log in just provide an email address its perfect! :clapping:

haven't used it for ages...