Sign in to follow this  
SopmodMikeFour

Help fixing a campaign after JUL update

Well it just so happens that after installing the excellent campaign by Spectre8750 I hit the update button on the main menu.Game updated and restarted.Now when starting my custom Cuba EXE the game won't start.I get the initializing screen and then a CTD.Does anyone know what file that the official JULY update might of changed so I can save myself from the hassle of reinstalling the entire campaign?I noticed it did change the Options.ini so I did edit it back as per the Hydra Campaign instructions.

Thanks in advance.

What were the names of the campaign files? If they were named campaign1*.* they might have been overwritten, but I'm not sure with SF2.

Edited by F117NightHawk

The patch will update the core system files - and probably some in the mods folder.

Ideally make a copy of the entire cuba mod folder and paste it on the desktop.

Go to where the system files are ie C:\Program Files (x86)\Thirdwire\SF2\Strike Fighters 2

Get rid of the existing cuba.exe

Make a copy of one of the StrikeFighters 2 .exes

Then rename the copy to cuba.exe and run it.

Thanks guys,

Mig was right.I was able to fix it simply by deleting the renamed Strike Fighters 2 Cuba Exe and ini and moving my mod folder to desktop.Starting and creating new exe and Ini and dragging my intact mod folder back into saved games.Hope the thread might help someone with the same problem in the future.

Edited by SopmodMikeFour